All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367 ... 646  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:33 pm 
Member
User avatar
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 reduced to £21.60 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Co ... 070&sr=8-1

Amazing value.

_________________
Igor wrote:
HM is the man you should all strive to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:37 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

AKA: DAT MAF
HM wrote:
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 reduced to £21.60 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Co ... 070&sr=8-1

Amazing value.

Someone I know bought that for £45 quid from their local comic book store :fp:

Have to say that since I got my iPad 2, the days of me buying physical comics is over.

_________________
HSH28 wrote:
Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:12 pm 
Moderator
User avatar
HM wrote:
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 reduced to £21.60 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Co ... 070&sr=8-1

Amazing value.


Ordered.

:mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:31 pm 
Member
User avatar
Mafro wrote:
HM wrote:
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 reduced to £21.60 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Co ... 070&sr=8-1

Amazing value.

Someone I know bought that for £45 quid from their local comic book store :fp:

Have to say that since I got my iPad 2, the days of me buying physical comics is over.


I don't think I could ever go fully digital, as I still like reading the graphic novels like I still like collecting cds of my favourite bands or games. But I've given up getting singles, far far too expensive. For example I'm getting the next iron man graphic novel next month, paperback version for £7.19. Yeah it's only going to be like 4/5 issues collected, but when the singles are going for £2.50-£3 when they are released I'm happy enough to wait till the paperback is released on amazon.

Definitely want an ipad though for digital comics though as well.

_________________
Igor wrote:
HM is the man you should all strive to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:41 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

AKA: DAT MAF
HM wrote:
But I've given up getting singles, far far too expensive. For example I'm getting the next iron man graphic novel next month, paperback version for £7.19. Yeah it's only going to be like 4/5 issues collected, but when the singles are going for £2.50-£3 when they are released I'm happy enough to wait till the paperback is released on amazon.

Yeah same. The last time I bothered buying singles was Dark Avengers and the War Machine Dark Reign series. These days I just wait till the events are done and dusted and buy the collections.

HM wrote:
Definitely want an ipad though for digital comics though as well.

The Marvel/DC/Comixology apps are great. Love the way they transition from panel to panel, rather than just having to scroll and zoom around the page.

_________________
HSH28 wrote:
Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:43 pm 
Member
User avatar
Mafro wrote:
The Marvel/DC/Comixology apps are great. Love the way they transition from panel to panel, rather than just having to scroll and zoom around the page.

Don't you find it better to just view the whole page at once?

_________________
I play games and mumble over them: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mogster2013


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm 
Member
User avatar
Mogster wrote:
Mafro wrote:
The Marvel/DC/Comixology apps are great. Love the way they transition from panel to panel, rather than just having to scroll and zoom around the page.

Don't you find it better to just view the whole page at once?


I found I couldn't read the text when viewing a whole page at once.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm 
Member
User avatar
sawyerpip wrote:
Mogster wrote:
Mafro wrote:
The Marvel/DC/Comixology apps are great. Love the way they transition from panel to panel, rather than just having to scroll and zoom around the page.

Don't you find it better to just view the whole page at once?


I found I couldn't read the text when viewing a whole page at once.

Fair enough. Cant say I've had any issues myself though, although the guided view is fantastic for phones.

_________________
I play games and mumble over them: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mogster2013


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:24 pm 
Mafro wrote:
HM wrote:
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 reduced to £21.60 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Co ... 070&sr=8-1

Amazing value.

Someone I know bought that for £45 quid from their local comic book store :fp:

Have to say that since I got my iPad 2, the days of me buying physical comics is over.


I'm finding it brilliant too. Comixology is excellent. Quality is as good or better than print and prices much better. I just wait the month for the 1.49 prices. Loads of 69p bargains too. Nearly got ther Wolverine Origins story last night but wasn't sure it was any good. Bargains like it come up loads though.

I have three subs still coming and will keep them for this year but the lack of clutter means i'll likely wind down to nothing.

Not sure what'd happen if comixology went under. In this scenario we don't own the comics so i guess we'd lose them.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:47 pm 
Member
User avatar
Cheers for the responses, fellas - the last time I bought Batman comics was around "Batman: Last Rites" and a seemingly unending series of different titles, including all the one shots. I'm going to attempt a Google/Wiki search but can anyone give a round-up of what happened from the moment Bruce Wayne was "killed" by The Black Glove to where we are now? I realise there's a reboot but I never did find out how it finished.

I realise that's a hell of an ask... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 pm 
Member
User avatar
Something Fishy wrote:
Not sure what'd happen if comixology went under. In this scenario we don't own the comics so i guess we'd lose them.

I'm not sure I care too much about that. I don't think I've ever raid a single issue more than once, so really any more are just taking up space. Digital makes far more sense in that regard, but it's hard to say goodbye to physical comics all the same.

_________________
I play games and mumble over them: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mogster2013


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
Member
User avatar

AKA: thecreepingmess
I see that 2000AD is now sold in digital form on the 2000AD store (in both .pdf and .cbz form). Good opportunity for me to catch up.

Also been reading Viz via Zinio. It is undoubtedly the best comic ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 pm 
Member
User avatar
Ginga wrote:
Cheers for the responses, fellas - the last time I bought Batman comics was around "Batman: Last Rites" and a seemingly unending series of different titles, including all the one shots. I'm going to attempt a Google/Wiki search but can anyone give a round-up of what happened from the moment Bruce Wayne was "killed" by The Black Glove to where we are now? I realise there's a reboot but I never did find out how it finished.

I realise that's a hell of an ask... :lol:


You really don't need to know any of that to read Snyder's Batman but essentially after Batman RIP, Batman was captured by Darkseid in the crossover story Final Crisis and sent back in time to the prehistoric era. Most of the Bat-family thought he was dead so the original Robin, Dick Grayson, became the new Batman until Bruce Wayne returned.
Snyder's Black Mirror is set after Bruce Wayne has returned and Dick Grayson is still working as Gotham's Batman while Bruce has business abroad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:59 pm 
Member
User avatar
Appreciated, Mori!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 pm 
Member
User avatar
No worries. The Black Mirror actually has a brief recap page at the beginning and Snyder's Batman has one page in issue #1 which introduces all the cast pretty organically. They're both really accessible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 pm 
Member
User avatar

AKA: Anung
Black Mirror :wub: I'd love for them to just have self contained Dick Batman stories and keep them going on for ages and ages.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 pm 
Member
User avatar
Image

That status quo ended far too soon. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 pm 
Member
User avatar
Currently moving house for the 3rd time in 5 years and the comic collection has ballooned in that period. Suffice to say if there is anything that'd move me to going digital it would be if I had to relocate even more regularly. I'm looking at 35+ boxes of comics and with all the furniture to store them - it's a right ball-ache.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:51 am 
Member
User avatar
John Landis' son retells The Death and Return of Superman, with Elijah Wood and Mandy Moore and Simon Pegg



I liked the story but that's a surprisingly accurate retelling :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 am 
Member
User avatar
Hexx wrote:
John Landis' son retells The Death and Return of Superman, with Elijah Wood and Mandy Moore and Simon Pegg



I liked the story but that's a surprisingly accurate retelling :lol:


Dude wrote Chronicle as well - which I enjoyed lots.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367 ... 646  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group