All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:53 pm 
massimo wrote:
Maybe we should start having a go at those Geek squad people too.

They're another one!

It just seems to be on the way out. I plug it into the wall charger and I keep getting the "Charging is not supported with this accessory" error, until I knock it a little and it's all "BRRR" and starts charging again.

And the fact that it doesn't seem to want to work in the Universal Dock or any other speaker dock I've tried to use it in :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm 
massimo wrote:
Maybe we should start having a go at those Geek squad people too. What gives them the right to call themselves Geeks?

The fact that they're geeks maybe.

St Nick is my bike thieving buddy brother :wub:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm 
Frank wrote:
massimo wrote:
Maybe we should start having a go at those Geek squad people too.

They're another one!

It just seems to be on the way out. I plug it into the wall charger and I keep getting the "Charging is not supported with this accessory" error, until I knock it a little and it's all "BRRR" and starts charging again.

And the fact that it doesn't seem to want to work in the Universal Dock or any other speaker dock I've tried to use it in :(

I have loads of accessories that gave me that error, but they always charged. Actually, now I think about it I've not had the message with the iPhone 4S.
Oh Teh Noes wrote:
massimo wrote:
Maybe we should start having a go at those Geek squad people too. What gives them the right to call themselves Geeks?

What's the criteria for being a geek?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 pm 
Yeah, I always get it when I plug it into my car, it's more the "not working with speakers" bit that's worse :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm 
massimo wrote:
Oh Teh Noes wrote:
massimo wrote:

What's the criteria for being a geek?

A lot less than for being a genius, that's for sure.

St Nick is my bike thieving buddy brother :wub:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm 
Frank wrote:
Yeah, I always get it when I plug it into my car, it's more the "not working with speakers" bit that's worse :evil:

Mine does that in the car too. It'll be fine most of the day and then all of a sudden it'll have a spastic attack between charging/connected and not charging/disconnecting, all the while lighting up the screen and constantly doing the vibration thing on connection.

You'll probably find that they'll tell you it's working fine :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:20 pm 

AKA: SanCarlos
Have you cleaned the dock connector? I had problems charging my old iPhone and it turned out pocket fluff had infiltrated the dc and meant it didnt charge properly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:44 pm 
I've tried my hardest with a folded up piece of card, but it still seems crappy. Is there a specific tool lying around the house that's good for cleaning it with?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm 
I've used a scalpel and it makes no difference.

It can work fine for hours before the iPhone decides that it's not compatible any more :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm 
Right, got my "Genius" booked for tomorrow, so I'm just backing up my iPhone and everything in case they do decide it's broken.

At the moment, it'll only charge if I hold the cable in place (I'm having to sandwich it between a hard drive and the useless universal dock to sync it), so hopefully they'll agree that that's not how it's meant to work.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:31 pm 

AKA: TheArbiter
I use dust caps for both the dock connector socket on the iPhone and the earpiece socket 8-)

>These<

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:59 pm 
booking an appointment to get them to fix a broken piece of their equipment.

strawberry floatin lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm 
I would just wander in, but thanks to all the hipsters wasting time in there I can't be doing waiting around for a member of staff to become available :fp:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 pm 
Igor wrote:
booking an appointment to get them to fix a broken piece of their equipment.

strawberry floatin lol

I don't get it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:25 pm 
Every now and again I make a call on my 4S and I cannot hear the other person. Is this a known issue or a fault?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:37 pm 
gamerforever wrote:
Every now and again I make a call on my 4S and I cannot hear the other person. Is this a known issue or a fault?

Are they breathing heavily?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 pm 
Ad7 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:

:lol:

Hang up and call back, that usually fixes it. I had it a lot with the original iPhone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:30 pm 
Ad7 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:

Funnily enough...

I might exchange it. Apparently we can exchange our iphones for a new one before the year is up as long as it has a minor fault. True?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 pm 
gamerforever wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:

Funnily enough...

I might exchange it. Apparently we can exchange our iphones for a new one before the year is up as long as it has a minor fault. True?

I don't think it's a written rule, but the customer service is pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:40 am 
massimo wrote:
gamerforever wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:

Funnily enough...

I don't think it's a written rule, but the customer service is pretty good.

Ok, well I have a valid reason right now anyway. As I am on a 12 month deal I can see myself selling this for the iPhone 5 come November, so a new 4S would get a decent price!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next