All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7628 posts ]  Jump | Previous 1377 378 379 380 381 382 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
iMessages are pants.

I mean, really pants. A family member was waiting outside my flat at 2pm, texting me to let him in.

I didn't get the text until 5pm. The family member is pissed off and buggered off home at 3pm.

I had to take a snapshot of the time/text I recieved to show him that I wasn't avoiding him at all. :lol: :fp:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:56 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
gamerforever wrote:
massimo wrote:
gamerforever wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
gamerforever wrote:
Every now and again I make a call on my 4S and I cannot hear the other person. Is this a known issue or a fault?


Are they breathing heavily?


Funnily enough...

I might exchange it. Apparently we can exchange our iphones for a new one before the year is up as long as it has a minor fault. True?

I don't think it's a written rule, but the customer service is pretty good.


Ok, well I have a valid reason right now anyway. As I am on a 12 month deal I can see myself selling this for the iPhone 5 come November, so a new 4S would get a decent price!

Apple replaced my 4th gen iPod with refurbs. I think you have to have it break down 4 times in 12 months for a new unit. They gave me the 5th gen iPod as a replacement at the time.


Wedgie wrote:
iMessages are pants.

I mean, really pants. A family member was waiting outside my flat at 2pm, texting me to let him in.

I didn't get the text until 5pm. The family member is pissed off and buggered off home at 3pm.

I had to take a snapshot of the time/text I recieved to show him that I wasn't avoiding him at all. :lol: :fp:

Messages in general seem to be pretty gooseberry fool. I text my friend to say I'm outside and it can be up to an hour later and he will receive it. Ironically we have already been hanging out all that time :lol:

I'm in a load of gooseberry fool with a girl too, because I've been ignoring her messages and iMessage is saying it's delivered but not read :x

_________________
GRcade DRIVECLUBS
1 > 3 > 2 >> 4 >>> 5


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:49 am 
Member ♥
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: London
Wedgie wrote:
iMessages are pants.

I mean, really pants. A family member was waiting outside my flat at 2pm, texting me to let him in.

I didn't get the text until 5pm. The family member is pissed off and buggered off home at 3pm.

I had to take a snapshot of the time/text I recieved to show him that I wasn't avoiding him at all. :lol: :fp:


Why didn't he press the doorbell? ;)

_________________
Image Twitter | YouTube | Google+


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Venom wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
iMessages are pants.

I mean, really pants. A family member was waiting outside my flat at 2pm, texting me to let him in.

I didn't get the text until 5pm. The family member is pissed off and buggered off home at 3pm.

I had to take a snapshot of the time/text I recieved to show him that I wasn't avoiding him at all. :lol: :fp:


Why didn't he press the doorbell? ;)


I'm deaf. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2009
Just over an hour until my appointment with a genius.

Don't they usually send a picture of the genius you're looking out for to your phone or something?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:12 pm 
Member ♥
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: London
Wedgie wrote:
Venom wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
iMessages are pants.

I mean, really pants. A family member was waiting outside my flat at 2pm, texting me to let him in.

I didn't get the text until 5pm. The family member is pissed off and buggered off home at 3pm.

I had to take a snapshot of the time/text I recieved to show him that I wasn't avoiding him at all. :lol: :fp:


Why didn't he press the doorbell? ;)


I'm deaf. :lol:


I remember you saying in a discussion about subtitles but I forgot. Sorry.

_________________
Image Twitter | YouTube | Google+


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2009
Well, the guy just blew some compressed air in it and sent me on my way. My friend who works in there says that if that doesn't fix it I'm looking at £120 for a new connector :shock:

Think this might be my first and last Apple phone if this compressed air hasn't worked...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2009
Frank wrote:
Well, the guy just blew some compressed air in it and sent me on my way. My friend who works in there says that if that doesn't fix it I'm looking at £120 for a new connector :shock:

Think this might be my first and last Apple phone if this compressed air hasn't worked...


Well that sounds well worth booking an appointment with an apple tosser genius for.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Seem's like as good a place as any.

My iphone 3GS, two years of good service, never an issue, has suddenly decided to slow down for no apparent reason.

Want to take a picture, probably 30 seconds to open the Photo App, then once you press the button, another 15 to actually take the picture. Same with Safari, Messages, Calender...everything basically.

Any idea's?

_________________
Pancake wrote:
Yes Albear, all very good and everything but since Errkal is dead I remain unconvinced by your plan to lynch him again.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2009
Ad7 wrote:
Frank wrote:
Well, the guy just blew some compressed air in it and sent me on my way. My friend who works in there says that if that doesn't fix it I'm looking at £120 for a new connector :shock:

Think this might be my first and last Apple phone if this compressed air hasn't worked...


Well that sounds well worth booking an appointment with an apple tosser genius for.


Rather incredibly, it worked. His second bit of advice on cleaning the actual connector part was "with a staple".

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:45 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Albear wrote:
Seem's like as good a place as any.

My iphone 3GS, two years of good service, never an issue, has suddenly decided to slow down for no apparent reason.

Want to take a picture, probably 30 seconds to open the Photo App, then once you press the button, another 15 to actually take the picture. Same with Safari, Messages, Calender...everything basically.

Any idea's?

Back up your data, restore the phone to factory settings then restore from your backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

_________________
HSH28 wrote:
Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2009
Just got home - It works in the speakers! \ :mrgreen: /

Ordered some of those dust plug thingys too, just so it doesn't go crap again...

EDIT: It works in the Universal Dock, too! Unbelievable.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:27 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
After 8 long years, Frank finally gets his iPhone working.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Ramsgate
Does that Blackrain software in the first post unlock a iPhone4S? If not, anyone know one that does?

_________________
Image
I'm trying to lose weight, lots of it, and since I come here every day, this'll be like a nagging reminder to myself every time I post I should be doing something else.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
Joer wrote:
Does that Blackrain software in the first post unlock a iPhone4S? If not, anyone know one that does?


Look for a program called Absinthe.

EDIT: Here http://greenpois0n.com/?p=173


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:55 pm 
Member

Joined in 2008
Ok.

Just updated the first post with a massive overhaul!
What other information would you like me to add to it? and please PM me your top 10 iPhone Apps.

I'll be adding my own recommendations tomorrow.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:54 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Hey, can someone check this out for me on their iPhone 4S?

Go to your Settings, then Sounds. Click on Ringtone, and play one of the Ringtones. Now, go back out and go into Text Tone. Try to play the same sound you just played. Does the sound through Ringtone sound really tinny compared to the Text Tone version?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Ramsgate
Cheers for that D_C!

_________________
Image
I'm trying to lose weight, lots of it, and since I come here every day, this'll be like a nagging reminder to myself every time I post I should be doing something else.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Wedgie wrote:
iMessages are pants.

I mean, really pants. A family member was waiting outside my flat at 2pm, texting me to let him in.

I didn't get the text until 5pm. The family member is pissed off and buggered off home at 3pm.

I had to take a snapshot of the time/text I recieved to show him that I wasn't avoiding him at all. :lol: :fp:


Said family member is a spastic for not trying to call you.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:05 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
jpatez wrote:
Ok.

Just updated the first post with a massive overhaul!
What other information would you like me to add to it? and please PM me your top 10 iPhone Apps.

I'll be adding my own recommendations tomorrow.


Cheers, just sent you 10 apps which I prefer!

_________________
Skarjo wrote:
You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Image
Instagram Twitter


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7628 posts ]  Jump | Previous 1377 378 379 380 381 382 Next

All times are UTC+01:00

Affiliates

Super ONM - Unofficial Nintendo Magazine Forums Sick Kids Save Point Charity Gaming Marathon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Bing [Bot], degoose, evanswolves, Heskimo, jiggles, lex-man, Minty14, Mockmaster, more heat than light, Moz, Nook29, ProPoser, Qikz, Return_of_the_STAR, Rhubarb, SandyCoin, Skippy, Snowcannon, Spindash and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited