* Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters". Cliff confirms that at some points in the game you will play as an entirely different squad (that includes no Marcus and no Dom).Story
* The story is written by fantastic author Karen Traviss, who wrote the Gears of War book series
* Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book.
* The Coalition has disbanded or dismantled. Everyone is essentially a Stranded.
* The Locust have not been seen in the time that has passed since the end of Gears 2 and the beginning of Gears 3
* The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.
* Imulsion is infecting everything, not just the Locust. The Lambent are a ton of different nightmarish creatures.Weapons
* The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
* A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
FWIW, that weapon didn't exist until several hundred pages of the shotgun mechanic thread. That doesn't really give much away, considering the VAST amount of conflicting opinions in that thread; but the opinions in that thread definitely helped shape the weapon.
Haha, I wonder if we could have made a trailer with basically a slow camera pan down a new shotgun and had about the same amount of interest from existing players, hahha.
Cliff also confirms in the MeriStation TV interview that the new shotgun does more damage but has a lower range and slower reload time than the Gnasher shotgunCharacters
* Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
* Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.Enemies
* Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.