N64 Magazine Covers (#1 to #50, #55 to #59)

Anything to do with games at all.
The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

PostRe: N64 Magazine Covers (#1 to #50, #55 to #59)
by The People's ElboReformat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Zenigame wrote:Who'd want a job? Not me that's for sure.

Aaaand fixed.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm

I think I started (well me and my brothers) with issue 24.

Lots of lols were had :wub:

Time for adventure
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 pm

I really want to read back through the mags now. Shame there's no real scans of them online that I can find. It's a damn shame that I've never found anything like I'm The best either, especially back when I was a hardcore gamer.

Use_The_Forks
Joined in 2008

by Use_The_Forks » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:16 am

JK wrote:
Wil wrote:Image

Amazing. :lol:

Although the Banjo Kazooie and Mortal Kombat ones were better... :P

Nah, the body-snatching one was the best. Think Tim put on a swimming cap after he 'stole' Jez's body! :lol:

I still have every issue of N64 and NGC Magazine. 8-) Gave up on NGamer a while back, mind. The content and writing style just wasn't as good.

There's no need to be here any longer than necessary. Let's split up, look for survivors, and get out of here.

Image Image
I have a gaming blog too. Read it if you wish; if you don't I won't take it too personally. Metro 2033 is shite!
JohnPollard
Joined in 2011

by JohnPollard » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Hey Everyone

Might be pushing my luck here but just wondering if anyone has a copy of the N64 magazine not sure which issue, between #35-#43 in 2000 which features the final of the N64 Goldeneye Competition which the magazine held.
I actually won it back in the day and lost my issue of the magazine a few years back and have been searching for a copy ever since.

The competition was held around April 1999 in London but for some reason the issue detailing the final did not come out for ages after.

Can anyone help me?

Even a scanned copy?

Would really love to see it again if possible.

Thanks

John Pollard

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:08 pm

PH?!

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008

by Andrew Mills » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Drumstick wrote:PH?!

I don't think it's Phil Hughes as he won the Multiplayer Extravaganza (that was in issue 31 I believe).

It's a bit worrying that I probably had my name in the mag more often than the staff and even had people sending in letters complaining about my ITB entries and Pilotwings photos! :lol: :oops:

And then just a few weeks ago, I was speaking to someone on the phone at GamesRadar (looking for someone else) and when I mentioned my name he asked surprised: "You're not that Andrew Mills from Londonderry are you?!" To which I replied: "That's going to follow me around for the rest of my life isn't it?..." :oops: :fp:

BTW: Can anyone with the back issues tell me (and preferably scan if they can) which issue had my F-Zero X staff ghosts guide in it?

Dig Dug
Joined in 2011

by Dig Dug » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:41 am

I never got to read super play or N64 growing up but I will admit that the artwork Wil did is some of my favourite art work ever, the Perfect Dark covers are so strawberry floating cool. They are so cool that I had to swear.

Wil
Joined in 2008

by Wil » Tue May 24, 2011 7:18 pm

If anyone's interested I've stuck all the N64 and SP covers for the issues I was there for up on my blog site thing. There's a few shots of supplements and free gifts etc, too. I'll try to add to it as time goes by and if I find anything new.

http://www.transformationsequence.com/n64-magazine.html

Wil

Sputnik
Joined in 2010

by Sputnik » Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 pm

You should put together a collection of all the artwork you did for the two magazines (not only the covers), like a portfolio or something. It'd be awesome.

I had the poster of the cover to issue 30 (Joanna Dark) hanging on my wall for several years when I was a teenager. At times I'd turn it over because it had a handy as strawberry float checklist of the first 150 Pokemon (the only ones that exist, as far as I'm concerned), but most of the time it was that sexy poster. I was a closet weeaboo.

This is malignant for diapered cartoon girls crutches as well

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed May 25, 2011 11:05 am

Is that Wil Overton above Sputnik's post? :shock:

Sputnik
Joined in 2010

by Sputnik » Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 pm

It is. :shock: Thought it was James Ashton.

This is malignant for diapered cartoon girls crutches as well

Uppa
Joined in 2008

by Uppa » Wed May 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Thank you so much for that gallery, Wil! I enjoyed reading the short reminiscences you appended to each image, as well; it's really helpful to have something to contextualise the covers and their respective issues!

I apologise for this sort of uninhibited statement, but I do wish you were doing the covers for NGamer, sir! Especially if the magazine was redesigned in the wake of Cafe arriving.

Cuban Pete
Joined in 2008

by Cuban Pete » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I had all these! The ShadowMan one really sticks out in my mind.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Does anyone know what issue WCW/nWo Revenge was reviewed in & what they awarded the game? I'd love to read it.

Uppa
Joined in 2008

by Uppa » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 am

KKLEIN wrote:Does anyone know what issue WCW/nWo Revenge was reviewed in & what they awarded the game? I'd love to read it.

That would be issue 22, according to a later issue's Review Directory. They gave the game 75%, deeming it not as good as WWF War Zone. I'm sorry--I'm afraid I don't have the issue in which it was reviewed to provide a more thorough summary.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Uppa wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:Does anyone know what issue WCW/nWo Revenge was reviewed in & what they awarded the game? I'd love to read it.

That would be issue 22, according to a later issue's Review Directory. They gave the game 75%, deeming it not as good as WWF War Zone. I'm sorry--I'm afraid I don't have the issue in which it was reviewed to provide a more thorough summary.

Cheers.

:o at the score & brief summary, though. Don't get me wrong, I thought War Zone was great, but I would have placed Revenge even higher. Far & away WCW's best game, & the 3rd or 4th best wrestling game of all time.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:23 pm

What sort of engine did it use?

I never got to play any of the WCW games. I had War Zone, Attitude, Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy though.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:00 pm

WrestleMania 2000 & No Mercy were basically built on the foundations layed out by WCW vs the World, WCW World Tour & Revenge. Revenge was pretty much identical to WrestleMania, with the biggest new addition being the Create-a-Wrestler mode.

Each game was updated in some form with each iteration. Vs The World didn't have the grapple system for example.

systematic
Joined in 2010

by systematic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:18 pm

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/akiwre ... ggames.htm - this is a great read on the history of AKI and their wrestling games.

Return to “Games”