19%
Gamecube
38%

Total votes: 104
qupe
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox or Gamecube
by qupe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 am

Out of interest, how many games do you go back and play on your favourite choice?

My dreamcast was probably my most played on at the time but I don't go back to it much anymore. The gamecube was barely used and only super Mario sunshine and bongo games are played on it now.

My ps2 I haven't touched for well over a year despite several classics.

My xbox gets played still though, games like rallisport challenge.

Foxhound
Joined in 2011

by Foxhound » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 am

PS2. So many games I still love. I only had a few Gamecube games, and the only one I still particularly care for is Wind Waker.

Never had a Dreamcast or Xbox, but neither particularly appealed to me

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 am

Never had a PS2, but if I had to choose 1 I'd go with the GC. Had Sega not cancelled the DC though, I think that would have been my favourite. Not going to vote though.

Yes?
mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 am

Xbox. Halo and PGR beat anything on the other consoles by a long way.

Dreamcast next. Jetset radio very good

Then Gamecube some nice colourful kids games.

PS2 was a little slow for me. GTA3 was rubbish. but buzz and singstar redeemed the console.

Xbox Live: GCE
kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Louis Winthorpe III wrote:Xbox. Halo and PGR beat anything on the other consoles by a long way.

Dreamcast next. Jetset radio very good

Then Gamecube some nice colourful kids games.

PS2 was a little slow for me. GTA3 was rubbish. but buzz and singstar redeemed the console.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Another generation where I owned them all and nintendo steals the show with the best and best-looking games, best controller, and in my experience the toughest console ever built - my launch unit is still going strong.

kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 pm

tempted to buy another 4 and have a set of gamecubes cubed.

loves me my gamecubes. :wub:

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:08 pm

PlayStation 2. It had a lot more quality games than the other consoles.

SchminkyPinky
Joined in 2008

by SchminkyPinky » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

PS2 by miles for me. Other than FPS and WRPGs it had one or more 'best of' in pretty much every genre I can think of. PS2 was an amazing console :wub:

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Xbox for me. As a PC western PRG fan getting a console it fit the bill perfectly. Kotor was my favourite game.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Snowdash wrote:Dreamcast crack club. o/

\o/

spinny :wub:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm

It's a tough call between the PS2 & Xbox. The extra grunt the Xbox had ensured most multi-format titles were better on that platform and the exclusives the Xbox had were amazing. The sheer volume, choice & quality the PS2 had cannot be overlooked though.

My game of that Generation was GTA III. As much as I preferred gaming on the Xbox (especially in the latter years of that gen) I really should pick the PS2.

So Xbox it is then 8-)

Spindash
Joined in 2008

by Spindash » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 pm

glowy69 wrote:
Snowdash wrote:Dreamcast crack club. o/

\o/

spinny :wub:

Glowy knows.

THIS IS ONISHIMA REQUESTING AERIAL COVER! SEND IN THE CHOPPERS! AND WHEN YOU FIND THOSE KIDS, DON'T WASTE ANY TIME - JUST NAB 'EM!!!

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

PostDreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox or Gamecube
by Cumberdanes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Gamecube for me. Only machine I owned at the time (though I have since owned an XBOX and a Dreamcast albeit briefly). It's the exclusives that did it for me really Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1/2, Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, Twin Snakes, Resident Evil/Zero and plenty more beside.

Loved the pad, loved that thing where if you held the Z button when you switched it on the machine giggled like a baby, just loved the machine really and I still buy games for it today. I recently picked up a factory sealed copy of Chibi Robo which I'm quite looking forward to playing as I couldn't find it anywhere back in the day.

Jamo3103
Joined in 2008

by Jamo3103 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Owned all three and Gamecube was by far my favourite, although I did have a lot of fun with the PS2 I actually picked one up towards the end of its lifespan when my Xbox packed in so many of the earlier games that had good reputations on the system felt a bit dated at this point.

Gamecube had the best controller and some of the most brilliant games, Wind Waker remains my favourite Zelda game and the most charming game I've ever played and Nintendo put out plenty of other great first/second party games such as Smash Bros, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario: TTYD, plus others that never got the credit they deserved like Eternal Darkness, Luigis Mansion, Jungle Beat and Chibi Robo. Despite the critics it had some great third party content as well like Rogue Squadron II, Monkey Ball 1/2, Skies of Arcadia Legends etc. Wonderful System :wub:

Xbox was a major disappointment for me, got mine as part of some mega deal at Toys'R'Us with a load of games including Splinter Cell, Halo, Blinx the Timesweeper and Munch's Odyssey. Splinter Cell wasn't up my street, though it was a very impressive game technically I just found it frustrated, Blinx has to be the most awful and broken platformer I have ever played as well. Halo was great fun and playing it in co-op with my mate made that christmas, but I found Halo 2 to be the most disappointing game of the generation and there was very little that interested me towards the end of the consoles lifespan, 360 gathered dust like nothing else.

Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 pm

I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

by Cumberdanes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Beans wrote:I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.

Have you ever played one? Most people I know that hate on Gamecube have never even played one. The machine is probably worth owning for the Resident Evil remake alone.

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Beans wrote:I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.

Classic Beans.

Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:11 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:

Have you ever played one? Most people I know that hate on Gamecube have never even played one. The machine is probably worth owning for the Resident Evil remake alone.

I actually owned one. One of the worst purchases I ever made. Resident Evil 4 was the only game that gave me any serious enjoyment.

Spindash
Joined in 2008

by Spindash » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Even the Gamecube logo screen couldn't melt Beans' heart of stone.

Return to “Games”