19%
Gamecube
38%

Total votes: 104
Drunken_Master
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox or Gamecube
by Drunken_Master » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Worst thing about the Gamecube was the piss poor cables they supplied the GC with. The quality of the composite cables was awful, they made the picture look strawberry floating horrible. :fp: Nintendo. They cheaped out on the Wii's cables too.

Sega, on the other hand are strawberry floating awesome. Look at the Dreamcast, the picture quality is still exemplary if you use the VGA mode the DC supported. And the DC's SCART cable supported full RGB mode.

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:
mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Beans wrote:I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.

Have you ever played one? Most people I know that hate on Gamecube have never even played one. The machine is probably worth owning for the Resident Evil remake alone.

REMake + RE0 are the best looking games of that generation. For eye candy, nothing else even comes close.

Tineash
Joined in 2008

by Tineash » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Don't they both still use static backgrounds? The real answer is F-zero GX, at that speed, in 4 player splitscreen.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Gamecube comes top for me as well; Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4, F-Zero GX, Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash and various others that I can't remember right now provided me with literally years of enjoyment.

Then it was the XBox; the advent of Live and PGR2 and Halo 2. Playing with the Poopgang lot on either game was terribly fun. Me, Craig, Thanny and Superking. Good times. Also enjoyed Halo 2 with the guys who used to post on Wakinglimb.

Next is PS2. Great games like Vice City and San Andreas among loads of others, but something never quite clicked with me for some reason. Can't deny that the good games were bloody incredible though.

Then Dreamcast. Nothing much to say about it really, I never owned it during it's initial run and have never had the chance to rectify my lack of experience with the console. Which is a damn shame. Sonic Adventure 2 and House of the Dead 2 were bloody brilliant on it though. :wub:

Carlos
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

by Carlos » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Although I consider the GameCube a better console, having gorged on Metroid Prime, Resi 0 and PSO in the same day and then Wind Waker 2 months later in my first year at Uni I voted Dreamcast because back when I was almost ready to give up gaming as a hobby I got Jet Grind Radio on Import ( :shifty: ) and it restored my faith in the medium. I also lost countless hours in PSO (which got me an interview in GamesTM 8-) ) and have yet to play a Christmas game quite like Shenmue.

Last edited by Carlos on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Tineash wrote:Don't they both still use static backgrounds?

Pre-rendered, yes, but rarely static - it's what made them look so surpassingly lovely...

Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Snowdash wrote:Even the Gamecube logo screen couldn't melt Beans' heart of stone.

:lol:

It just didn't have enough top quality games. RE4 was amazing and I suppose Prime wasn't bad. Wind Waker was just a gooseberry fool version of OOT with gooseberry fool graphics. Sunshine was awful and everything else was either meh or gooseberry fool.

bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Has to be the PS2. I enjoyed the Xbox and Gamecube but neither had a library of games anywhere near as good as the PS2 managed.

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

PostDreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox or Gamecube
by Cumberdanes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:35 pm

mic wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Beans wrote:I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.

Have you ever played one? Most people I know that hate on Gamecube have never even played one. The machine is probably worth owning for the Resident Evil remake alone.

REMake + RE0 are the best looking games of that generation. For eye candy, nothing else even comes close.

That's a pretty bold statement but you'll find few who played those games that will argue with you. If only Capcom gave Resi 2 and 3 the same treatment instead of what amounted to expensive PS1 ports.

Also when I mentioned exclusives earlier I somehow forgot Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, probably my favourite RPG that generation.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Snowdash wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
Snowdash wrote:Dreamcast crack club. o/

\o/

spinny :wub:

Glowy knows.

THIS IS ONISHIMA REQUESTING AERIAL COVER! SEND IN THE CHOPPERS! AND WHEN YOU FIND THOSE KIDS, DON'T WASTE ANY TIME - JUST NAB 'EM!!!

Soul Caliber :wub:

The xmas advert though :fp:

Also Toy commander
Chu Chu rocket

And mother strawberry floating Shemnue 8-)

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Carlos
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

by Carlos » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Beans wrote:
Snowdash wrote:Even the Gamecube logo screen couldn't melt Beans' heart of stone.

It just didn't have enough top quality games. RE4 was amazing and I suppose Prime wasn't bad. Wind Waker was just a gooseberry fool version of OOT with gooseberry fool graphics. Sunshine was awful and everything else was either meh or gooseberry fool.

Are you just trying to be Hugo? Could you find no enjoyment in Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia or F-Zero GX?

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Wind waker was gooseberry fool?

:|

Get the strawberry float out beans

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:00 pm

glowy69 wrote:[Soul Caliber :wub:

Which advert?

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:03 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
glowy69 wrote:[Soul Caliber :wub:

Which advert?

I cant find it but it was santa typing on his DC how he wanted soul caliber..no gameplay nothing at all to sell the game to potential customers :fp:

Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Carlos wrote:
Beans wrote:

Are you just trying to be Hugo? Could you find no enjoyment in Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia or F-Zero GX?

F zero was alright. Never liked the others

Fargo
Joined in 2008

by Fargo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Gamecube :wub:

Although I owned and loved all three.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Fargo wrote:Gamecube :wub:

Ahem, there's four :?

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

by Cumberdanes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm

NickSCFC wrote:

One would assume he's not counting the Dreamcast as while it was an impressive piece of kit it was borderline dead on arrival.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:

One would assume he's not counting the Dreamcast as while it was an impressive piece of kit it was borderline dead on arrival.

?

It was part of the last generation and part of this poll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(sixth_generation)

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

by Cumberdanes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm not saying it wasn't part of that generation of machines, only that I could understand why someone might ignore it.

Return to “Games”