UKTV and stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Foxhound
Joined in 2011

PostRe: UKTV
by Foxhound » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Another series of Misfits finished :( Guess that's all we'll see of Alisha and Simon then :cry: :wub:. Great series though, one or two dullish episodes, but mostly fantastic. Can't wait for series 4.

For my money, Channel 4 has probably had the two best British shows this year in this and Fresh Meat (though, tbh, there's not a huge amount of competition...)

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Quick reminder, the last episode of How Not to Live Your Life is on tonight at 9:00 (on BBC3)

:cry:

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 pm

5 minutes!

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm

YES!

:wub:

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Yeah, yeah, fourth post in a row and all, but that ending! :wub:

Brilliant end to the show, was worried they were going to end it before he'd sorted things out with Sam :shifty: Glad they actually tied everything up.

Abby :wub:

rinks
Joined in 2008

PostRe: UKTV Thread
by rinks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Over a year ago...
Missiletoe wrote:\o/

The first episode was brilliant. I almost hoped he'd get to keep the job :( I didn't like the way that the second episode was busy messing up Don and Eddie's relationship, though. That had already been covered in the last series :x

I bet if Abby doesn't come back, they'll end the series on a cliffhanger with him opening the door to Karl or something :fp:

Actually, is Mr Bitchman still around, or have they written him out of it now too? :shifty:

Abby back!

Loves us all since 2008
rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm about 10 mins from the end, btw.

Loves us all since 2008
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm

The Snowman is to be remade for Channel 4, it has been announced.

The classic 1982 Christmas classic has been a yearly staple of the channel since its first broadcast. It is to receive a "fresh, not identical" remake in time for winter 2012.

The original 26-minute animation film was based on the 1978 story by Raymond Briggs, and was directed by Dianne Jackson.

The new version will be made using traditional animation techniques by most of the original creative team, and will cost £2 million. It will be screened as part of Channel 4's 30th anniversary programming in November 2012.

It will feature new elements of the story including a new boy, a snow dog as an extra character, and will see updated landmarks as they fly around Britain, such as the London Eye.

The original film's theme song 'Walking in the Air' - sung by Peter Auty in the film but made famous later by Aled Jones - will be replaced by a new song.

It will be produced by animation Camilla Deakin's company Lupus Films, who said: "The music is still undecided. There is a lot of discussion. It will be up to date. Without being too aggressively so. We want to make sure this film is new and fresh, not identical. New characters, new settings and the music is another way to differentiate it."

Raymond Briggs told The Guardian that he will have little input for the new version, but he has given it his blessing.

He said: "I am keeping a polite distance. I haven't written the new story. I was against making a new version for years and refused to agree. But there has been such a huge elapse of time, 30 years, a lot of people have died in that time. An awful lot of the old team are being reassembled to make it, that is good. I am not grumpy at all about it."

Deakin's Lupus Films partner Ruth Fielding said: "When we made the first one, Channel 4 wanted another immediately. Raymond and I said, 'You can't have another one'... but he melted.

Original producer John Coates added: "After 30 years it's silly, why not have another one? We are hoping to repeat the success. We could fall flat on our faces. But it's a lovely story."

The new version will only have small inclusions of computer-generated animations, and there may also be a 3D cinema version.

Deakin added: "One of the lovely things about this is that it so well supported by Channel 4 - all the animators can work here, in one studio, with pencils and paper. I run an animation company and it is so rare to get to make things in the UK, because we have no government support, unlike our French, Canadian and Irish competitors."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a357167/the-snowman-to-be-remade-for-winter-2012-by-channel-4.html

This is such a terrible idea that it has to be a joke, right? Right?

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Worst of all they'll show it in November!

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:47 pm

That means they might still show the original at Xmas then. Crisis possibly averted.

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

PostRe: UKTV - The Killing 2 - BBC4 - Saturdays 9pm!
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 pm

HSH28 wrote:Anyone else watch Brian Cox's lecture on quantum physics?

Love stuff like this, BBC ought to do a whole series.

This. Plus, BBC folks, please let Brian Cox do the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures one year.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Frosthound wrote:Another series of Misfits finished :( Guess that's all we'll see of Alisha and Simon then :cry: :wub:. Great series though, one or two dullish episodes, but mostly fantastic. Can't wait for series 4.

For my money, Channel 4 has probably had the two best British shows this year in this and Fresh Meat (though, tbh, there's not a huge amount of competition...)

Yep, I would definitely add in Top Boy and This is England '88 to the list. Was Peep Show this year too?

Only started watching Misfits, how have I missed out on this for so long :wub:

Foxhound
Joined in 2011

by Foxhound » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Floex-mas wrote:
Frosthound wrote:Another series of Misfits finished :( Guess that's all we'll see of Alisha and Simon then :cry: :wub:. Great series though, one or two dullish episodes, but mostly fantastic. Can't wait for series 4.

Yep, I would definitely add in Top Boy and This is England '88 to the list. Was Peep Show this year too?

Only started watching Misfits, how have I missed out on this for so long :wub:

Yeah, forgot about TIE. Haven't watched Top Boy yet :oops:
There's been no Peep Show for a year now :(

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Next season of Peep Show won't air until Autumn 2012 at the earliest. :(

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Next season of Peep Show won't air until Autumn 2012 at the earliest. :(

It'll be amazing though.

satriales
Joined in 2008

PostRe: UKTV - Mrs Brown's Boys Xmas Special - BBC1 Tonight @ 10
by satriales » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Bump for the amazing comedy on tonight 8-)

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I've never seen it but I'm going to judge it anyway going by the adverts

Looks well wank

Foxhound
Joined in 2011

by Foxhound » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:04 pm

It's dreadful. Absolute dross.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:07 pm

My nan lent me the series 1 DVD and I've only seen the first two eps but thought it was very funny. Somehow my nan watched the whole series without ever realising Mrs Brown is played by a bloke. :fp: :lol:

Turboman
Joined in 2011

by Turboman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Just watched After life: the strange science of decay on bbc4
Amazing

Errkal wrote:It is amasing how people dont seem to be abel to do that.

Return to “Stuff”