The Emulators Thread - RPCS3 now runs PS3 Games in 4K

Anything to do with games at all.
Parksey
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Emulations thread - Everything emulation added to OP.
by Parksey » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:36 am

Cheers for that, that information will no doubt help... THE POLICE WITH THEIR INVESTIGATIONS!

I also need to know how to format two Micro SD card thingmys with the Dual Adaptor thingmy I have ordered into ones that the PSP can read and use.

mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Got my Bluetooth dongle and my wiimote did indeed connect right off the bat - thanks again, Andrew!

New Super Mario Bros works a treat on higher than normal settings - it's so strange to be playing a Nintendo game, using a Nintendo controller, but looking so much BETTER than on the Nintendo system!

Mario Galaxy 2, however, is just a little bit too slow for my liking - even with everything turned right down. Any tips for speeding things up a little? I've tried DX9, DX10 and OpenGL. Lower resolutions (right down to 640x480) and 1x Native. What does that leave? :?

Are some games just not ready to run full-speed? SMG2 still looks bloody GORGEOUS though... :wub:

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Is there an emulator as far along as Dolphin for the N64? :shifty: The 64 through a HDTV looks pretty terrible, and it'd just be easier to play them on my computer, I guess.

I'd prefer an OSX version, but if it's anything like PSX2 is I'll settle for a Windows one. Much obliged :wub:

Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Frank wrote:Is there an emulator as far along as Dolphin for the N64? :shifty: The 64 through a HDTV looks pretty terrible, and it'd just be easier to play them on my computer, I guess.

I'd prefer an OSX version, but if it's anything like PSX2 is I'll settle for a Windows one. Much obliged :wub:

Project64 seems to be the weapon of choice. The last free version (1.6) will do. More infos.

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Delusibeta wrote:
Frank wrote:Is there an emulator as far along as Dolphin for the N64? :shifty: The 64 through a HDTV looks pretty terrible, and it'd just be easier to play them on my computer, I guess.

Project64 seems to be the weapon of choice. The last free version (1.6) will do. More infos.

It's been a while since I used it but P64 plays just about every N64 game I've ever thrown at it. In that respect its much further ahead than dolphin. Oh and Upscaled N64 games are just :shock: Shame the sprites are :(

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:09 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Delusibeta wrote:

It's been a while since I used it but P64 plays just about every N64 game I've ever thrown at it. In that respect its much further ahead than dolphin. Oh and Upscaled N64 games are just :shock: Shame the sprites are :(

Doesn't play Space Station Silicon Valley properly, unfortunately. :(

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:40 am

Delusibeta wrote:

Fantastic, cheers :wub:

Rocket: Robot on Wheels in glorious 1080p :wub:

mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:46 pm

:x I KNEW that would double post then...

Last edited by mic on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 pm

How do I map 'shake' to the 360 pad?

Donkey kong country returns looks simply amazing and plays perfectly on my wiimote... But, after spending hours figuring out how to get my 360 controller working on player 2, I just can't map shake to the pad, or when I do nothing happens.

All my investigations have turned up are people saying 'just map all three shake buttons to 'X', but this isn't working. Any more suggestions appreciated.

John Galt
Joined in 2008
AKA: Boo Radley

by John Galt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Has anyone ever managed to get Dreamcast emulation working to a decent standard? I remember trying a few years ago when I wanted to play Shenmue but there didn't appear to be much around at the time and my more recent search suggests little has happened since then.

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:08 am

Just spent some time revisiting Jet Force Gemini of PJ64.

I'd forgotten how awesome that game was. Took some time to configure the 360 pad to something that worked well. JFG has some strange key binds that take some getting used to. Ended up with the C-Buttons mapped to ABXY and left/right on the right analogue to B/A respectively.

It still takes a good half hour or so of playing to really click and aiming is really twitchy at times but it's still damn good fun. Upscaled it looks nice and clean, with the usual problem of sprites being blocky.

Anyone else revisited an old classic that doesn't really get the nostalgia it deserves?

Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:29 am

My PJ64 directory had Sin and Punishment, Glover, Rush 2, Rush 2049 and other "gems".

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 am

Picked up Dark Chronicle (PS2) from GAME's fire sale yesterday for £2.99 BOGOF with Project Zero II. Dark Chronicle works well off the bat, however the characters appear to float a couple of inches off the ground - the shadows aren't connected to their feet, which is odd. Either that or the shadows are broken. I guess I need to fiddle with the settings a bit/read up on it.

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Anyone else have a confirmed to work Bluetooth dongle for Wiimote+?

I read FE post here saying Wii Motion+ that's built into the remote doesn't work but I can't seem to find that information anywhere else. Has it been rectified?

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 pm

I just remembered that my brother was involved in an emulator frontend project years ago. Out of curiosity, do any of you use Quickplay? It looks like people have been adding to it ever since he stopped doing updates, really interesting to see that he just kinda cut all contact with everyone who used his program :slol:

I assume it probably doesn't work with the newer emulation programs, but I always remember using it for ZSNES and MAME.

Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008

by Winckle » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 pm

http://snesbox.com

PC Gaming.

We should migrate GRcade to Flarum. :toot:
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Is it actually possible to use your mouse as a Wiimote in Dolphin? I can't get it to move at all >_>

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Winckle wrote:http://snesbox.com

PC Gaming.

PC Gaming, 20 year old Console Games.

Your point?

Very impressive for the Flash platform, especially the sound emulation!

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Winckle wrote:http://snesbox.com

PC Gaming.

Amaze, really awesome

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Floex wrote:Is it actually possible to use your mouse as a Wiimote in Dolphin? I can't get it to move at all >_>

If you go to the Wiimote config and then emulated wiimote settings you can set the mouse buttons to whatever you need. Use the "Device" box near the top left to select "DInput/Keyboard Mouse" instead of "XInput/Gamepad" and then just assign buttons as usual. By default it assigns the mouse movement to the IR pointer. You'll need to come up with some button to substitute for specific motions if you plan on using it for any motion heavy games though. Game specific threads on the dolphin forums may have suggested configurations.

EDIT: You can also mix and match input types. So you could have the mouse as the wiimote and use the gamepad as a nunchuk.

Return to “Games”