Final Fantasy XIII-2 Out now

Anything to do with games at all.
Rubix
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Out now
by Rubix » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Anyone from Gameplay got their steelbook yet?

PLAY | Final Fantasy VII Rebirth [92h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S2, HiJack S1, The Apprentice S18
RACE | Westonbirt Half (March), Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:49 pm

The Rock remix of the Chocobo music :fp:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
LightSamus
Joined in 2011

by LightSamus » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm

I like it >.>

Dante
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

by Dante » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 pm

This game :x

It's managed to get my obsessive grinding habits hooked on it - I must have a Albino Lobo, but they will not spawn for love nor money (took me nearly an hour to get a Pulse dude to drop the crystal, right now I cannot even get the Lobo's to damn spawn!)

This game :wub:

Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
Mr.Jeff
Joined in 2008

PostI know that feel
by Mr.Jeff » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Hah! I know that feeling. Took me about 2 hours last night to finally grab one.

Best advice I found was to use the throw ability to get the key to the south western tunnels and then from the west of the crystal gate, continually circle round the pillar there.

Dante
Joined in 2008

PostRe: I know that feel
by Dante » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Mr.Jeff wrote:Hah! I know that feeling. Took me about 2 hours last night to finally grab one.

Best advice I found was to use the throw ability to get the key to the south western tunnels and then from the west of the crystal gate, continually circle round the pillar there.

Yeah that's where I'm working at. Think I need to take a break and re run it after some food

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
Dante
Joined in 2008

by Dante » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:02 pm

WOOHOO! Finally had them appear and managed to get a crystal on first try :wub: :wub: :wub:

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 am

This really is a proper FF isnt it 8-) 3 hours in about to try and take out Atlas, so not long got monsters in my party. Already becoming obsessed with them and collecting fragments. First games in ages Ive properly lost myself in.

Dante
Joined in 2008

by Dante » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 am

CuriousOyster wrote:This really is a proper FF isnt it 8-) 3 hours in about to try and take out Atlas, so not long got monsters in my party. Already becoming obsessed with them and collecting fragments. First games in ages Ive properly lost myself in.

I'm really enjoying this a helluva lot more then I did XIII - like Mr.Jeff mentioned earlier, I had no expectations going into it, so it's left me really pleased

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
Mr.Jeff
Joined in 2008

Posturgh, word-dump
by Mr.Jeff » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 pm

It's a step up from 13 no doubt and has suprised me by being more competent than I was expecting but it's still really let down by it's writing and dialog which is a disappointment.

The whole concept of 13-2 and heck, even 13 is a really good one even if the whole L'cie/Fal'cie thing confused people. 13 however didn't really work because only 2 out of 6 characters were actually likable and 13-2 isn't working as well as it should because the overarching plotline is very tenuously spread out with no major development in the two main leads as their should be.

Even the time mechanic, while an interesting little quirk, isn't utilised half as near effectively as in something like Radiant Historia and that's not even mentioning how environments seemingly stay the exact same over hundreds of years.

Bitching aside, the game on the whole feels a whole lot more fun to play than 13 did and I don't find myself forcing myself to play it which is a sign of a decent game at least.

DamageInc
Joined in 2010

by DamageInc » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Finnished the game now, much better than ff13 but still a few problems, the levels felt really seperate and didn't feel like one big world to me, and the academia levels were all terrible, and I thought the story wasn't great either.

But the combat system works much better in this than it did in 13, the one thing that I dislike about it the most is when you get new spells and abilities, they don't seem as useful as in other final fantasy games. I always enjoyed unlocking the next tier of fire/thunder/blizzard and getting the awesome spells like holy/ultima, but in this you use the same spells for the whole game except for aoe.

I got the Paradox scope which allows me to see new endings so I'll be going through the game trying to find the fragments I missed as well as finding all the side endings (first one I found was by beating atlas) going to see if I can get the fragment skill for harder enemies as at least that way going back through the game will help level me up a bit more

All in all a much better game than ff13 really enjoyed it

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

Anyone else noticed that the AI is totally useless with support roles like Synergist? 90% of the time, rather than just casting Veilga, Shellga, Protega etc and get it on the whole party at once, the AI just casts Shell, Protect, Veil on a one by one basis, making it take way longer. :x

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 pm

RACE | Westonbirt Half (March), Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Episode 5 and the distinct lack of summoning so far is rather infuriating me :evil:

FirstSecond
Joined in 2008

by FirstSecond » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Completed :P

Pretty good game overall, one moment of frustration though when I needed a wild artifact to progress the story, didn't have any, so spent ages just trying to find one, had to use a guide

Not sure about the way you just select levels either, would much rather have a world map to explore, but looks like they are a thing of the past now

LightSamus
Joined in 2011

by LightSamus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Anyone else noticed that the AI is totally useless with support roles like Synergist? 90% of the time, rather than just casting Veilga, Shellga, Protega etc and get it on the whole party at once, the AI just casts Shell, Protect, Veil on a one by one basis, making it take way longer. :x

You can modify paradigms to target single targets or entire groups by "clicking" on the black button alongside the paradigm in the setup.

In other news, finished it and now have most fragments. Also finished the Crystarium and defeated the hardest enemies meaning all I have left is clean-up before I get 1000G :3

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:52 pm

FirstSecond wrote:Completed :P

How many hours?

FirstSecond
Joined in 2008

by FirstSecond » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:04 pm

About 35 hours, not done everything though

Dante
Joined in 2008

by Dante » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:29 am

FirstSecond wrote:About 35 hours, not done everything though

I'm close to 43 hours and have only just got to the start of chapter 5

I gotta catch them all :wub:

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
LightSamus
Joined in 2011

by LightSamus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I've been grinding in Serendipity for the 10,000 coin proft achievement and it's driving me insane. It's also the source of my final fragment. Once I've done that, I'll mop up the last 4 cheevos and hit 1000G. But yeah, this one is driving me insane.

EDIT: Done it!

Return to “Games”