Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
Seven
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2012....
by Seven » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 am

I can take screenshots of PS2 games with just click of right stick on my 360 pad now :)

Oh nom~

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher
Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I don't care :3 I've enjoyed all consoles I have. Playstation 2 is easily my favourite due to great library alongside Gamecube & Saturn (both for different reasons, because their libraries of games isn't that big as PS2!)

I can play most of my 360 games already on PC anyway. Which is 360's biggest problem, only thing saves it is XBLA games and some games that won't appear on Wii, PS3 or PC.

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 pm

really a problem? nah.

true of both hd boxes. well most of the best games anyway. At this moment the pc is making all the consoles redundant with such a range of choice and such value (and kicking their arse grapically of course).

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Most of games I have on 360 are multi-format, when some I could just pick up on PC although as long as PC doesn't have Red Dead Redemption, I guess that appeals - though I want RDR on PC due to screenshot feature. PS3 has more exclusives that appeals to me, so PS3 still has its place. Although on downloads front, PSN appealed least when XBLA appealed more.

Still, I'm happy enough to be owner of PS3, 360, Wii and PC this generation rather than being fanboy and say one sucks when other r0x0rs the world :P

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Exactly.

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Infamous 2 did improve by the end. Helped i think by a lot of the white enemies i could see easily.

I think it lift to a 6/7. No doubt an 8 then if i was well so not as bad my frustration suggested.

Didn't feel like huge progress for the series but the core climby side of it was still fun.

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Rayman Origins

Just plain gorgeous. I hope I don't manage to simply burn through it, even though the classic difficulty of trying to 100% the whole game would make it last for a pretty long time.

Fantastic platformer.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Rayman Origins

Just plain gorgeous. I hope I don't manage to simply burn through it, even though the classic difficulty of trying to 100% the whole game would make it last for a pretty long time.

Fantastic platformer.

I too am playing this. I too would like to comment on how gorgeous the game is. Absolutely classic old school gameplay too. The local co-op is a blast, I can understand why online was kept out, any lag could ruin a run through.

Best looking game on home consoles :wub:

Also playing the waiting game for Vita :(

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Been thinking about getting that for the wife as she loves platformers and plays tons on her handhelds.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostCurrently Playing in 2012....
by Buffalo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Up and down with inFamous 2, Fishy? You were loving it a few pages back.
I've done 2 playthroughs and Festival of Blood. It really is a superb sequel.

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:16 pm

suzzopher wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:Rayman Origins

Fantastic platformer.

I too am playing this. I too would like to comment on how gorgeous the game is. Absolutely classic old school gameplay too. The local co-op is a blast, I can understand why online was kept out, any lag could ruin a run through.

Best looking game on home consoles :wub:

Also playing the waiting game for Vita :(

I don't think it's necessarily the 'old school feel' about it that I like, not least because I hardly played those kind of 16-bit platformers when I was younger.

It's how it mixes the difficulty up perfectly with its fast pace, and it utilises the power of this generation in the way a lot more games should have already been doing for years.

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Buffalo wrote:Up and down with inFamous 2, Fishy? You were loving it a few pages back.
I've done 2 playthroughs and Festival of Blood. It really is a superb sequel.

Yeah i really enjoyed it at first and then just got horribly frustrated with a lot of it sadly. Couldn't see what the bugger i was doing and got really fed up with it. Of course in that mindset you then notice every flaw.

JediDragon05
Joined in 2010

by JediDragon05 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Having myself a wonderful time with saints row the third, have done some epic missions today including eye of the tiger & the ho boat :lol:

West side mofos
Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Just been given the Noveria mission in Mass Effect. Wonder if the council dialog that foreshadows the whole having-to-kill-Kaidan-or-Ashley thing changes if you do it before Feros...

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Skyward Sword - Done the first three dungeons and they've all been excellent. Loving the combat too. Only disappointment so far is that Skyloft seems a bit boring.

Prince of Persia (SNES) - The definitive version of one of my favourite games, so delighted to have this on the VC.

Wii :wub:

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
Agent47
Joined in 2008

by Agent47 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 am

Resident Evil 2 (GC via Wii)
Looks surprisingly good through component on an HDTV. It's bizarre how little I remember of where to go in the game, but I am just about to play as Sherry for the first time in Claire's game.

http://garybaileywriting.wordpress.com/ - A place to read a little flash fiction.
http://theminigamereview.blogspot.com/ - My own personal review space.
http://silentilshortstories.blogspot.com/ - A showcase of short stories I have written.
ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Resident evil 4: Wii

Just started this and it still plays great! i am however playing with a cube pad as I'm not a fan of the Wii version controls :shifty:

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 pm

magicmilner wrote:Resident evil 4: Wii

Just started this and it still plays great! i am however playing with a cube pad as I'm not a fan of the Wii version controls :shifty:

:fp:

Absolutely mental.

The Wii controls make the game so much better its unbelievable, choosing the GC pad over the Wii controller is like choosing to play a PC FPS with a pad instead of mouse and keyboard, its just objectively worse.

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Persona 3: FES.

As much as I love it, I also strawberry floating hate it sometimes. That Floor 36 boss can just strawberry float OFF. It'll probably take me ages to finish Persona as I need to take breather after much rage :fp:

That's about 8 hours into game too, and If I remember correctly from uncompleted Persona 3 original playthrough there's much worst to come yet. :( Pretty one of hard RPG game I've played (read not hardest, just hard)...

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Unreal Tournament

The sniper rifle on Facing Worlds. strawberry float :wub:

Return to “Archive”