Watch_Dogs - PC, PS4, XO, WiiU, PS3, 360 - Out 27th May 2014

Anything to do with games at all.
CitizenErased
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Watch_Dogs - PC, PS4, XO, WiiU, PS3, 360 - Out 27th May
by CitizenErased » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 am

Hexx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:54 pm wrote:
CitizenErased » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:49 pm wrote:I wasn't at all impressed with GTA5's radio stations but Watch Dogs has to offer the worst selection of in-game music I've ever come across in a sandbox game. I can't turn off the radio quick enough.

You know you can go in the options so the Radio doesn't automatically turn on?

Done. Cheers for that.

We should be able to have custom radio stations by default in games like this.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:49 am

I like some of the jazz tunes, the worst thing about the radio is that it plays at start of everysong, also if have a song on and get out of car then get back in, it starts a different song like the car magically changed the station itself.

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:43 pm

I like when you get phone calls and the same song restarts about 3 times

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Irene Demova » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:I like when you get phone calls and the same song restarts about 3 times

:lol:

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:12 pm

GAME are a joke. Now £59.99 for Watch Dogs on PS4 in-store. Down the road at ASDA? £44. Still about £5 too expensive but at least they've got it in the right ball park.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:14 pm

That's for the "ultimate" version (reads £10 for useless dlc like peaks and gooseberry fool.)

The normal version still retails at £49.99.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
White Rabbit
Joined in 2008

by White Rabbit » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:31 pm

I quite like how there's a Howlin Wolf track :datass:

My first impression last night was one of sheer disappointment finding it graphically underwhelming and a chore to get into, despite enjoying the novelty of hacking into npc private life. I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Black flag and having recently enjoyed a spell of being somewhat addicted to it I was determined to get into this game whatever it takes, particularly having looked forward to it for so long. So, my first impression was shrugged off and I had another go today. I'm relieved to say it feels like it's gradually growing on me now. We'll see.

Hate his cap and long junkie coat. Bought a few new outfits. Oh, I like how when I steal a car I've then unlocked it, that's how I like it. Lastly, what is it with ubi and secret females? She's pretty cool, though. 8-)

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Anyone playing this on PC with a normal gaming PC (ie not a 6+ core monster), I have an i5 with a GeForce 770, it should outperform the PS4 version markedly but I'm not sure having read a few things about the PC version being poorly optimised.

Ginga
Joined in 2008

by Ginga » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 pm

White Rabbit wrote:I quite like how there's a Howlin Wolf track :datass:

This man knows.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Who's going to tell Ginga?...

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Hexx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:Jesus Christ. Did anyone play test this.

There's some genuiely fun mission towards the end of Act 3 - which mix up stealth/action/planning really well, I was really enjoying it. (Although there's terrible music tracks throughout)

Then I got to what I assume is the Act 3 boss....About a minute of dialogue than mobs spawn around you....kill them and you get another 30-45 seconds of dialogue then a second wave....

But if you die, they set the checkpoint as before the first set of dialogue...so everytime you have to rehear it.

Yeah...sounds like I've got about the same progression as you and I have to agree. The checkpoint system in this is really irritating. I did one yesterday where I had two more enemies to down before getting to the objective. Got spotted by an Elite and I'm dead. On respawn the game cleared the level for me, so I got in to a van and drove off :lol:

I've also experienced your complaint all to much as well. The checkpoint system doesn't seem to know what it should be doing at all.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Jingle Ord The Way
Joined in 2008

by Jingle Ord The Way » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Wedgie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 pm wrote:That's for the "ultimate" version (reads £10 for useless dlc like peaks and gooseberry fool.)

The normal version still retails at £49.99.

:dread:
£21.75 for the PC version. Runs quite well for me too.
As for the game, well I think i just suck at sandbox city games that involve driving and escaping the police. I'm terrible at this. Sandbox games involving superpowers like the Infamous or Crackdown games i'm actually quite good at. This though...
I'll keep at it.

Last edited by Jingle Ord The Way on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ginga
Joined in 2008

by Ginga » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Buffalo wrote:Who's going to tell Ginga?...

Go on...

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 pm

cooldawn » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 pm wrote:
Hexx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:Jesus Christ. Did anyone play test this.

There's some genuiely fun mission towards the end of Act 3 - which mix up stealth/action/planning really well, I was really enjoying it. (Although there's terrible music tracks throughout)

Then I got to what I assume is the Act 3 boss....About a minute of dialogue than mobs spawn around you....kill them and you get another 30-45 seconds of dialogue then a second wave....

But if you die, they set the checkpoint as before the first set of dialogue...so everytime you have to rehear it.

Yeah...sounds like I've got about the same progression as you and I have to agree. The checkpoint system in this is really irritating. I did one yesterday where I had two more enemies to down before getting to the objective. Got spotted by an Elite and I'm dead. On respawn the game cleared the level for me, so I got in to a van and drove off :lol:

I've also experienced your complaint all to much as well. The checkpoint system doesn't seem to know what it should be doing at all.

OK...so I've hit the spot you're specifically talking about here...IRAQ's henchmen on top of the delapidated tower block...my god it's awful.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm

HSH28 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:57 pm wrote:Anyone playing this on PC with a normal gaming PC (ie not a 6+ core monster), I have an i5 with a GeForce 770, it should outperform the PS4 version markedly but I'm not sure having read a few things about the PC version being poorly optimised.

I've got an i5 and 770 and it's not running as well as I had hoped. First thing I did to help was turn off v-sync - Ubisoft can't get it right on PC, everything from Far Cry 3, Trials Fusion and now this run gooseberry fool with it on. Force it through the control panel instead. It auto-detected onto Temporal SMAA for me, which apparently slays the performance for no reason at all. I read some post somewhere about how even on a PC with an i7 and 780ti it still bogs down. Glad I got it for 20 bones from cdkeys, any more and i'd be way more annoyed.

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
CitizenErased
Joined in 2011

by CitizenErased » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm

The Spider-Bot digital trip is actually really great, wish it was part of the main game.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm currently in a prison and keep getting spotted by....well i dont know cos it doesnt tell me or show me who seen me. Its infuriating, I know its none of the guards on patrol cos I took time to spot them all. Is it an inmate? I have no idea.

BOR
Joined in 2008

by BOR » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Online Tailing is very addictive and every time I check them out, it's completely different things from the public. :lol:

One I saw was smashing everything by a fire truck! Another one was seemed to enjoy the boat trip around the city so I had to observe him very carefully. :shifty:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:19 pm

The online invasion is the most interesting aspect of the game for me. Always like it when the message pops up saying I'm being invaded, so far only one person has managed to get away from me.

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:52 pm

BOR » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:10 pm wrote:Online Tailing is very addictive and every time I check them out, it's completely different things from the public. :lol:

One I saw was smashing everything by a fire truck! Another one was seemed to enjoy the boat trip around the city so I had to observe him very carefully. :shifty:

I played one and within 10 seconds the guy I was tailing was racing off on a bike so I had to grab the nearest vehicle to chase him. Took me a few seconds to realise I'd stolen a van belonging to some Mexican restaurant that had a giant sombrero on top. Cue lots of me trying to not look shifty as I slowly pulled up to him. Somehow he didn't even notice this massive hat-van following him. My only regret is forgetting to record it beforehand. :fp:

Return to “Games”