Currently Playing in 2018....

Anything to do with games at all.
Ironhide
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Ironhide » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:06 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Been playing SNK Heroines for the Switch, yeah it's certainly something else indeed. Fighting is simple, easy and pretty fun, just a shame there's a lack of characters, modes and stages.

Just watched the trailer for that.

Erm, why have they gender swapped Terry Bogard? Surely there's plenty of female SNK characters available without having to do that.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Seven wrote:Ha, I just skipped curscene so I was able to finish whole lot in six hours or less. Funny how considering it took me ages to beat it on first few playthroughs... Used to dread bigs levels because I sucked back then. Now they're so dead easy to do (although having done his B-rank and A-rank missions it can sod off for time being)

But it's also first time I've gotten all 130 emblems, happy with that

Wahey! Good lad :toot:

I aspired to get all emblems way back when but never did, probably wouldn't have the patience now. Especially on Sonic Adventure 2, the most nightmarish of completionist nightmares D:

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:22 pm

SADX is pretty easy to be fair, only two things that's hassle are Big (more RNG than actually difficult)and chao races buteverything else is pretty easy.

SA2B is more difficult though, yeah. Still doing it sometime soon though, as I love SA2 a lot

Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Seven wrote:SADX is pretty easy to be fair, only two things that's hassle are Big (more RNG than actually difficult)and chao races buteverything else is pretty easy.

SA2B is more difficult though, yeah. Still doing it sometime soon though, as I love SA2 a lot

If anything could ever persuade me to try 100%ing again, it'd be the chao race themes

Along with those lil' critters being so darned cute :wub:

You ever played the Green Hill Zone stage on SA2? Antoher game I downloaded a 100% save file for so I could finally play that level

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Not yet, I've never done all emblems on SA2 either but really want to.

Kriken
Joined in 2015

by Kriken » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 am

Dracula X Chronicles. Played it for a couple of hours this morning. Turned out to be more unputdownable than I thought it would be. So of course, I'm enjoying it. I enjoyed the original Rondo of Blood, and this is a pretty faithful remake, so it makes sense. Main difference apart from the new graphical style seems to be the the added cutscenes.

It does feel a little easier and I can't pinpoint exactly why. Some hitboxes seem more generous, some enemies seem to take less hits and the movement seems a bit more fluid - but I think when I played Rondo it was some 50hz version, so it could just be that. It was also years ago when I played it so I may just bit mis-remembering. Not really complaining though. It's still a decent challenge and they didn't add any unnecessary mechanics like backdodging.

Some minor nitpicks: a couple of the sound effects sound too cartoony, like a really boingy sound when - *googles for name* - the Hunchback enemies jump. Bats blend into the background a bit too well. Granted, that wasn't as much of an issue as I thought it would be later on in the game.

It's also funny to me that this is the game they chose to remake and not Symphony, which they squirrelled away here as an unlockable (I can think of a few possible reasons why they did this, but still). I did also just get this game for the enhanced version of Symphony, but I'm enjoying it so I guess I'll play through it first.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 am

Jazzem wrote:
Seven wrote:SADX is pretty easy to be fair, only two things that's hassle are Big (more RNG than actually difficult)and chao races buteverything else is pretty easy.

If anything could ever persuade me to try 100%ing again, it'd be the chao race themes

Along with those lil' critters being so darned cute :wub:

You ever played the Green Hill Zone stage on SA2? Antoher game I downloaded a 100% save file for so I could finally play that level

I remember unlocking that bad boy back in the day. :datass:

The GHZ recreation was nice but it wasn't really worth the effort. Crazy to think that Sonic 1 was only 10 years old when they put that homage in and now SA2 itself is 17! :shock:

ImageImage
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Trials Rising beta - PS4

It's more Trials and they've ditched the weird not-very-good future setting from Fusion. It has a Forza-style livery editor so you can plaster your rider with stickers and letters/numbers which is interesting, I predict lots of people writing dumb/edgy things on their jackets/helmets. However it has lootboxes and lots of rider gear and stickers for the editor are locked behind them, as well as multiple currencies so I expect ubi will gauchely push ahead with selling them for real cash. Even though they're "just cosmetic" you see the ghosts of people near your time loading in with all their flashy getup, encouraging you to try to unlock stuff too. Plus there's a dab pose, which is a pretty damning indictment all on its own.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Jenuall wrote:I remember unlocking that bad boy back in the day. :datass:

The GHZ recreation was nice but it wasn't really worth the effort. Crazy to think that Sonic 1 was only 10 years old when they put that homage in and now SA2 itself is 17! :shock:

Ha! Honestly, it may be the first time they did a nostalgic GHZ throwback, a well they've certainly returned to many times since.

Ironhide
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Trelliz wrote:Trials Rising beta - PS4

It's more Trials and they've ditched the weird not-very-good future setting from Fusion. It has a Forza-style livery editor so you can plaster your rider with stickers and letters/numbers which is interesting, I predict lots of people writing dumb/edgy things on their jackets/helmets. However it has lootboxes and lots of rider gear and stickers for the editor are locked behind them, as well as multiple currencies so I expect ubi will gauchely push ahead with selling them for real cash. Even though they're "just cosmetic" you see the ghosts of people near your time loading in with all their flashy getup, encouraging you to try to unlock stuff too. Plus there's a dab pose, which is a pretty damning indictment all on its own.

The words 'loot boxes' are seriously putting me off this.

Kriken
Joined in 2015

by Kriken » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:58 am

Replaying Sonic Mania and enjoying it even more having experienced the classic Sonics now. Gonna get myself all those chaos emeralds this time.

Still playing Dracula X Chronicles. Annoyingly had to replay a level since my game didn't save last time, but I found a route to an alternate boss so it wasn't too bad.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Kriken wrote:Replaying Sonic Mania and enjoying it even more having experienced the classic Sonics now. Gonna get myself all those chaos emeralds this time.

D'aww that's ace :toot: Good luck getting all the emeralds! Be warned that the fifth special stage is a nasty 'un, basically have to take the optimal racing line or bust

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Now that I'm off work until Wednesday can sit down and play through Quantum Break, seems wee longer than I thought which is good thing to be honest

Got to end of Act 4 and still enjoying it - I think ill do another playthrough or two to obtain 100%

IAmTheSaladMan
Joined in 2011

by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:22 am

Since I got it for “free” courtesy of PS+ I thought I’d give Destiny 2 a go. I’m enjoying it thus far.

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Prey on Xbox One.

So far not sure how to feel about it with lack of abilities, even early on I get destoryed easily. That being said I do like it, just... Let me explore for bit maybe?

Looks great though.

Also playing Path of Exile off and on @ X1. I like it, but I think I prefer d3 to it (and D2)

Godzilla
Joined in 2008

by Godzilla » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Ryse - xbox One - enjoyable and simple fun.

Wish my image sig would work
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm at the Clockwork Mansion in Dishonored 2.

Also started NSMB on the DS.

Kriken
Joined in 2015

by Kriken » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Finding the alternate stage 5 of Dracula X Chronicles pretty difficult. Taking a break from it, in part because of hand fatigue. Up until now I've been using my PSP for mainly slow-moving games like Persona 3 Portable and Valkyria Chronicles 2, so now that I'm moving my fingers a bit more I've found it's not the most comfortable controller.

Hime
Joined in 2008

by Hime » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 am

Shenmue
First time I've played since getting the game almost 20 years ago and I still love it. A great post night shift game.

Bayonetta
Picked this up on the Switch and it's bloody great. I'm but really sure what's going on half the time as I just punch, kick and shoot things until a mental cut scene happens. I'm guessing that I'm supposed to grind a but to get the better upgrades?

Captain Toads Treasure Tracker
I like it but don't love it. I was hoping for some real Nintendo magic but to be honest the levels just seem to be adding more enemies than clever puzzles.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Celeste
This game is fantastic! Took a little while to click with me but now I am totally engrossed. It manages to walk the perfect line along the spectrum of challenge, punishment and reward, whilst at the same time having a beautiful look, superb soundtrack, and a genuinely engaging story line as well! :wub:

Hollow Knight
Still really enjoying this despite some quirks of the design, but it has been sidelined by Celeste over the last few sessions! Last time out I was trying to take down The Collector who was being incredibly frustrating so I may leave that for now and see what else is out there for me to do...

ImageImage

Return to “Games”