Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:56 pm

OOOh gooseberry fool apparently there's a new cinematic when you enter the Dreaming City and a new strike is unlocked

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Peter Crisp » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Good going to whoever got the first completion.
The guide's are going to be super useful if the raid is as hard as it seems.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Yeah lore stuff to do on dreaming city beyond the strike! Talk to Petra

User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Parksey » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Floex wrote:This game is pure dumpster fire.


It's not though, is it? Almost everyone who has played Forakaen (I'm guessing you haven't yet) has said how much of an improvement it is. They've righted a lot of wrongs.

Of course there are still weird decisions somewhere as a)it's Bungie and b) a game of this scope is always going to create problems everytime it changes or adds something. A game like this will never be "fixed".

But by and large, they've done a good job fixing a lot of stuff that desperately needed it. It's not a dumpster fire as there's still more than a lot of good in it, propped up as always by the strong gunplay.

Personally, I don't mind the third subclass being behind the first raid encounter. Firstly, it's the third subclass yoi get to unlock, so it's going to be the least preferred out of the bunch. Secondly, stuff's been locked behind Raids and Nightfalls before. I understand people want matchmaking for these but I can understand why they are reluctant to do that (for Raids especially). For me, it provides.ince to e to find time and players to do the raid with, as if you dont bother with those, you don't see Destiny at its best.

Besides, it's only the first encounter. Some of the quest steps for exotics sound more annoying.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:48 pm

New weekly powerful from gambit available now too

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Floex » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Parksey wrote:
Floex wrote:This game is pure dumpster fire.


It's not though, is it? Almost everyone who has played Forakaen (I'm guessing you haven't yet) has said how much of an improvement it is. They've righted a lot of wrongs.

Of course there are still weird decisions somewhere as a)it's Bungie and b) a game of this scope is always going to create problems everytime it changes or adds something. A game like this will never be "fixed".

But by and large, they've done a good job fixing a lot of stuff that desperately needed it. It's not a dumpster fire as there's still more than a lot of good in it, propped up as always by the strong gunplay.

Personally, I don't mind the third subclass being behind the first raid encounter. Firstly, it's the third subclass yoi get to unlock, so it's going to be the least preferred out of the bunch. Secondly, stuff's been locked behind Raids and Nightfalls before. I understand people want matchmaking for these but I can understand why they are reluctant to do that (for Raids especially). For me, it provides.ince to e to find time and players to do the raid with, as if you dont bother with those, you don't see Destiny at its best.

Besides, it's only the first encounter. Some of the quest steps for exotics sound more annoying.


I disagree entirely the last point. Incentive to find players? What?

Going back a point. One of the simplest things to do is have everything level up with you to have incentive to see what Destiny has to offer. Zero reason to hunt out Lost Sectors for example. It’s tiresome to keep defending Bungie.

I’ve still yet to hear how they’ve helped the end game. The raid should not be the be all and end all, let alone hiding content behind it. Yes, give players incentives for doing the raid, they’ve earned the right for completing it but having watched the latest raid, it’s not for many players. Have you seen the latest raid? Majority of Destiny players will not see the end. Have exotics, the kudos but not hide gameplay features.

I’m rooting for this game, I really am but I can’t keep supporting it’s practises.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Floex wrote:
Parksey wrote:
Floex wrote:This game is pure dumpster fire.


It's not though, is it? Almost everyone who has played Forakaen (I'm guessing you haven't yet) has said how much of an improvement it is. They've righted a lot of wrongs.

Of course there are still weird decisions somewhere as a)it's Bungie and b) a game of this scope is always going to create problems everytime it changes or adds something. A game like this will never be "fixed".

But by and large, they've done a good job fixing a lot of stuff that desperately needed it. It's not a dumpster fire as there's still more than a lot of good in it, propped up as always by the strong gunplay.

Personally, I don't mind the third subclass being behind the first raid encounter. Firstly, it's the third subclass yoi get to unlock, so it's going to be the least preferred out of the bunch. Secondly, stuff's been locked behind Raids and Nightfalls before. I understand people want matchmaking for these but I can understand why they are reluctant to do that (for Raids especially). For me, it provides.ince to e to find time and players to do the raid with, as if you dont bother with those, you don't see Destiny at its best.

Besides, it's only the first encounter. Some of the quest steps for exotics sound more annoying.


I disagree entirely the last point. Incentive to find players? What?

Going back a point. One of the simplest things to do is have everything level up with you to have incentive to see what Destiny has to offer. Zero reason to hunt out Lost Sectors for example. It’s tiresome to keep defending Bungie.

I’ve still yet to hear how they’ve helped the end game. The raid should not be the be all and end all, let alone hiding content behind it. Yes, give players incentives for doing the raid, they’ve earned the right for completing it but having watched the latest raid, it’s not for many players. Have you seen the latest raid? Majority of Destiny players will not see the end. Have exotics, the kudos but not hide gameplay features.

I’m rooting for this game, I really am but I can’t keep supporting it’s practises.

When was the last time you played this just out of interest? Sounds like it hasn't been a while?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Floex » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Mafro wrote:
Floex wrote:
Parksey wrote:
Floex wrote:This game is pure dumpster fire.


It's not though, is it? Almost everyone who has played Forakaen (I'm guessing you haven't yet) has said how much of an improvement it is. They've righted a lot of wrongs.

Of course there are still weird decisions somewhere as a)it's Bungie and b) a game of this scope is always going to create problems everytime it changes or adds something. A game like this will never be "fixed".

But by and large, they've done a good job fixing a lot of stuff that desperately needed it. It's not a dumpster fire as there's still more than a lot of good in it, propped up as always by the strong gunplay.

Personally, I don't mind the third subclass being behind the first raid encounter. Firstly, it's the third subclass yoi get to unlock, so it's going to be the least preferred out of the bunch. Secondly, stuff's been locked behind Raids and Nightfalls before. I understand people want matchmaking for these but I can understand why they are reluctant to do that (for Raids especially). For me, it provides.ince to e to find time and players to do the raid with, as if you dont bother with those, you don't see Destiny at its best.

Besides, it's only the first encounter. Some of the quest steps for exotics sound more annoying.


I disagree entirely the last point. Incentive to find players? What?

Going back a point. One of the simplest things to do is have everything level up with you to have incentive to see what Destiny has to offer. Zero reason to hunt out Lost Sectors for example. It’s tiresome to keep defending Bungie.

I’ve still yet to hear how they’ve helped the end game. The raid should not be the be all and end all, let alone hiding content behind it. Yes, give players incentives for doing the raid, they’ve earned the right for completing it but having watched the latest raid, it’s not for many players. Have you seen the latest raid? Majority of Destiny players will not see the end. Have exotics, the kudos but not hide gameplay features.

I’m rooting for this game, I really am but I can’t keep supporting it’s practises.

When was the last time you played this just out of interest? Sounds like it hasn't been a while?


Oh I was way out before the first barebones expansion, kept up with reading about it though. I’ll gladly admit if I picked up all the packs now I would have fun but I know I’m just one step away from Bungie locking stuff behind a pay gate. It became evident in D1, then vanilla D2, the Eververse bullshit turned me off completely. I wouldn’t then even mind paying for expansions but I just cannot support the drip feed content packs that are completed within a few hours Forsaken excluded and you know they’ll be like that next year.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Datto's team finally completed it after 24 hours and two minutes(!) :dread: They were two minutes over getting the exclusive "complete the raid in the first 24 hours emblem" and sounded pretty salty over it.

Only 18 people in the world have completed it so far.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Peter Crisp » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Surely making it that hard will put people off trying as if even the hardcore are struggling then most will find it crushingly difficult?
There's a point where a challenge goes from being fun to being frustrating and if the team isn't all working in perfect sync (which let's be honest is most teams) will just shatter it?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by D_C » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm

That always happens with the raids though doesn't it? People end up finding easier ways and strats to beat it after a while.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Saw on reddit that 37,591 people beat King's Fall on launch day but only 18 managed the Last Wish :dread:

They really should have waited another week to release the raid.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

I have a bit of a rookie question about this game. I just finished the main campaign and I’m currently going round doing the adventures and such my query is do I have to install the expansions to raise the level cap?

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:18 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:I have a bit of a rookie question about this game. I just finished the main campaign and I’m currently going round doing the adventures and such my query is do I have to install the expansions to raise the level cap?


Believe so - yeah

User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Parksey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 pm

Yeah you do. I had just the base game until a few days before Forsaken came out, and I didn't level up until I had Osiris and Warmind downloaded.

If you're enjoying the game and want to continue, both aren't bad for £8 each (I think they are still on sale).

Of course, the meat of the new stuff is in Forsaken and that's also definitely worth it, but is £35. You will need both DLC expansions beforehand anyway should you chose to get that too.

The GRcade clan desperately needs more members playing. I would say it's for the good of the forum that we get a new clan banner this season, but I just want you all playing so I get free Engrams.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:29 pm

I was actually considering picking up the original Destiny again and giving that game’s DLC a go first as I only ever did the main campaign.

That said if anybody fancies helping me unlock the Rat King gun I’d be really grateful!

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 pm

What’s the deal with the weekly clan XP challenge with Hawthorne? I’ve had it half full three times this week but it’s resetting daily, how am I ever supposed to get the 5000 weekly contribution or the reward for doing so?

Image
User avatar
Call and Answer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Call and Answer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 am

I got the game on PS Plus and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I'm considering coughing up for the expansions and Forsaken, but I can't see how I would purchase Forsaken - PSN seems to stop me because I already have Destiny 2 installed...? Am I being unspeakably stupid and missing something very obvious?

Douglas Adams wrote:I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Parksey » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 am

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:What’s the deal with the weekly clan XP challenge with Hawthorne? I’ve had it half full three times this week but it’s resetting daily, how am I ever supposed to get the 5000 weekly contribution or the reward for doing so?


It shouldn't be resetting, it should be slowly filling up throughout the week and only reset on a Tuesday night.

Saying that, you've managed to fill it half way three times? That's a lot of XP. I barely scrapped through the full amount as I can't do the clanmates bounties.

Are you definitely sure it's resetting to zero? As you seem to be accumulating XP a lot faster than I am, if you've got to 50% three times in a week.

Also, Call and Answer, there should be an option there for Forsaken and it should be £34.99 I think. I have the downloadable version of Destiny.

Could be because you need the first two DLCs? Call of Osiris and Warmind, which I think are not currently on sale and probably worth it at £8 each.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:52 am

Well I say half full it was 45%, I did all three bounties on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and each day I have had to start from scratch again.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CuriousOyster, Hans Bubby, Krik Kringle, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, That's not a growth and 62 guests