USA School Shooting Number 866382948569

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Blue Eyes » Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm

#Pray4SantaFeHigh

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by KK » Fri May 18, 2018 5:10 pm

I believe there is now a mass shooting every single day in America (at least 4 people shot in any one scenario).

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Ad7 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Thank God the teachers are armed now and this sort of thing is a distant memory.

Stab, stab, stab.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Lotus » Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 pm

brb gonna change my facebook profile to the texan flag

#thoughtsandprayers

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Tafdolphin » Fri May 18, 2018 5:56 pm

I can't actually believe they're still trotting out the thoughts and prayers stuff, long after its become a self-defeating meme. Awful.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Squinty » Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Sucks to feel general apathy about this.....but there it is.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Alvin Flummux » Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Nothing will change until everyone in the country has been touched by gun violence, as has happened with cancer and opioid abuse.

Until it becomes personal to everyone, apathy will reign.

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by TigaSefi » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

A lot of this has garnered a "meh" from me. Shouldn't be this way.

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by KK » Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am

Well, as far as excuses go this is a new one...

Texas Lt. Gov. Says ‘Too Many Entrances’ Possibly To Blame In School Shooting

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has said that in order to prevent other such shootings, officials may have to “look at the design of our schools.”

“There are too many entrances and too many exits to our 8,000 campuses in Texas. There aren’t enough people to put a guard at every entrance and exit,” he said, adding that limiting entrances to “one or two” could allow law enforcement to look at everyone who enters.

“Had there been one single entrance possibly for every student, maybe he would have been stopped,” Patrick said, referring to the suspected shooter, who, he added, was wearing a long coat with a shotgun under it on a 90-degree day.

“We’re going to have to be creative. We’re going to have to think out of the box,” he continued, suggesting that schools might change their start times so not all students arrive at once. Referring to discussions on mass shootings that Gov. Greg Abbott has requested, Patrick said, “That’s why the governor is calling for the roundtable, to discuss every option.”

America needs new door control laws.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Moggy » Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 am

“Should we restrict access to guns?”

“Nah, the problem is doors!”

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat May 19, 2018 9:56 am

"...suggesting that schools might change their start times..."

The only weakness of mass murderers has finally been exploited!

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Rex Kramer » Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 am

I'm waiting for the point where they decide that the problem is having lots of children congregated in one place and therefore ban all schools.

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Meep » Sat May 19, 2018 11:00 am

KK wrote:Well, as far as excuses go this is a new one...

Texas Lt. Gov. Says ‘Too Many Entrances’ Possibly To Blame In School Shooting

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has said that in order to prevent other such shootings, officials may have to “look at the design of our schools.”

“There are too many entrances and too many exits to our 8,000 campuses in Texas. There aren’t enough people to put a guard at every entrance and exit,” he said, adding that limiting entrances to “one or two” could allow law enforcement to look at everyone who enters.

“Had there been one single entrance possibly for every student, maybe he would have been stopped,” Patrick said, referring to the suspected shooter, who, he added, was wearing a long coat with a shotgun under it on a 90-degree day.

“We’re going to have to be creative. We’re going to have to think out of the box,” he continued, suggesting that schools might change their start times so not all students arrive at once. Referring to discussions on mass shootings that Gov. Greg Abbott has requested, Patrick said, “That’s why the governor is calling for the roundtable, to discuss every option.”

America needs new door control laws.

I would expect that limiting the number of exist makes evacuating a place more difficult. Obviously Patrick doesn't think the shooters have it easy enough. Not to mention that having only a couple of exits to large building essentially turns them into ovens in the event of a fire. Oh, well, let's not let logic get in the way of a perfectly good plan.

Last edited by Meep on Sat May 19, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Gemini73 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:00 am

Moggy wrote:“Should we restrict access to guns?”

“Nah, the problem is doors!”


Pure insanity. :lol:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by satriales » Sat May 19, 2018 4:43 pm

My school had loads of doors and not a single guard. Looking back it's a miracle I survived.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Rightey » Sun May 20, 2018 3:25 am

I read somewhere that the owner of the guns was the kids dad, so it seems like he just took them. So in this case stricter gun laws probably would not have made much difference, unless they would be so restrictive as to block access to normal citizens, which will never happen.

I think anyone living in the US just has to accept this as part of life over there. I honestly think the best thing to do to prevent this sort of thing (and is actually doable) is to just not talk about it. Don't give the shooters press coverage, don't list their names, don't say they wrote some manifesto etc. And the fact that that is probably the best solution is pathetic. :fp:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Alvin Flummux » Sun May 20, 2018 3:32 am

Here's an idea: Don't leave your guns lying around, and don't let your kids know where they are, or how to access them.

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Tafdolphin » Sun May 20, 2018 10:42 am

Rightey wrote:I read somewhere that the owner of the guns was the kids dad, so it seems like he just took them. So in this case stricter gun laws probably would not have made much difference, unless they would be so restrictive as to block access to normal citizens, which will never happen


Here's a thread you should read


Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by KK » Sun May 20, 2018 10:58 am

It's now got even more ridiculous in Florida:

Following an emergency meeting of Law Enforcement Chiefs and the Sheriff of Polk County, Florida, it has been decided that there will now be a uniformed law enforcement officer in every public school in the county for the duration of this school year. Beginning from Monday, May 21st, no backpacks or bags larger than a small purse will be allowed by students for the remainder of the school year. Lunchboxes however will still be permitted on school premises.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: USA School Shooting Number 866382948569
by Qikz » Sun May 20, 2018 11:03 am

It's just a living parody. They're doing everything they can to not ban guns.

How are kids meant to take work to/from school now?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 53 guests