Last film you watched and your rating

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Pedz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 pm

I have watched The Lego Batman Movie on the Weekend. I enjoyed it.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Skarjo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:20 am

Jurassic Park; Fallen Kingdom

Interesting how all the trailer stuff is over in like twenty minutes and then it becomes a straight up Resident Evil film for the last hour and a half.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by more heat than light » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:48 am

Solo.

It's such a nothing film. The whole movie was entertaining enough (Paul Bettany was especially enjoyable hamming it up as the bad guy) and there were some fine set pieces, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this was a story told primarily to make money. Also this is the first Star Wars movie where I've found the celeb count to be a bit distracting. I really hope Disney take some of the criticism on board and don't Marvel the series up, because I really don't want to be sick of Star Wars too.

5/10

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Preezy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am

Going back to Jurassic Park World Land for a minute - I was thinking about the original in the shower this morning (as you do) and it struck me that I could still to this day name every major character in the film. Burned into my memory. Now I know that's probably more because I was a big fan back in the day, but the characters themselves were all so memorable that they've stuck with me for 25 years. The actors playing them were all superb, which also definitely helped.

I've seen Jurassic World twice and I couldn't tell you the name of a single character. They're all so bland and forgettable, even Chris Pratt who is great.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:38 pm

I think Chris Pratt's character is called Mike.

Edit - it's Owen :lol:

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Pedz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Wasn't someone in Jurassic park called Dr Grant. Only name I can remember.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:50 pm

List of Jurassic Park characters:

Dr. Sam Neill
Professor "The one that isn't David" Attenborough
Dr. Blonde Girl "who's also in the West Wing I think"
Bloomin' Jeff Goldlum
Nick Fury
Bloke from Seinfeld
Kid A (girl)
Kid B (boy)
Crocodile Dundee

ImageImage
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Jenuall wrote:List of Jurassic Park characters:

Dr. Sam Neill
Professor "The one that isn't David" Attenborough
Dr. Blonde Girl "who's also in the West Wing I think"
Bloomin' Jeff Goldlum
Nick Fury
Bloke from Seinfeld
Kid A (girl)
Kid B (boy)
Crocodile Dundee


Doesn't he play Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers movies?

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:List of Jurassic Park characters:

Dr. Sam Neill
Professor "The one that isn't David" Attenborough
Dr. Blonde Girl "who's also in the West Wing I think"
Bloomin' Jeff Goldlum
Nick Fury
Bloke from Seinfeld
Kid A (girl)
Kid B (boy)
Crocodile Dundee


Doesn't he play Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers movies?


Yeah he shows up all over the place. He's in the Star Wars prequels as well, I think he plays Jar Jar.

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Moggy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:List of Jurassic Park characters:

Dr. Sam Neill
Professor "The one that isn't David" Attenborough
Dr. Blonde Girl "who's also in the West Wing I think"
Bloomin' Jeff Goldlum
Nick Fury
Bloke from Seinfeld
Kid A (girl)
Kid B (boy)
Crocodile Dundee


Doesn't he play Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers movies?


Yeah he shows up all over the place. He's in the Star Wars prequels as well, I think he plays Jar Jar.


Oh I know, he’s the bloke that rapes John McClane in Pulp Fiction?

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:List of Jurassic Park characters:

Dr. Sam Neill
Professor "The one that isn't David" Attenborough
Dr. Blonde Girl "who's also in the West Wing I think"
Bloomin' Jeff Goldlum
Nick Fury
Bloke from Seinfeld
Kid A (girl)
Kid B (boy)
Crocodile Dundee


Doesn't he play Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers movies?


Yeah he shows up all over the place. He's in the Star Wars prequels as well, I think he plays Jar Jar.


Oh I know, he’s the bloke that rapes John McClane in Pulp Fiction?


Yeah but only because he killed Ving Rhames out of the Mission Impossible movies.

ImageImage
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Well that got surreal.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:40 pm

The Jungle Book (2016)

Fantastic stuff. 9/10

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by JediDragon05 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 pm

The Worlds End

Painfully average.

Come fight death with me
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by satriales » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 am

JediDragon05 wrote:The Worlds End

Painfully average.

Great speedboat chase opening though!

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Curls » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:22 am

satriales wrote:
JediDragon05 wrote:The Worlds End

Painfully average.

Great speedboat chase opening though!


:lol:

User avatar
Ord
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Ord » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 am

Hereditary - 8/10
Pretty decent horror movie, well worth a watch, and that's coming from someone who is a bit of a snob when it comes to horror movies. I adore the genre, but there is so much gooseberry fool out there it's a treat when the occasional gem comes out and this is a gem of a film.

ImageImage
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Skarjo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:45 am

Preezy wrote:Going back to Jurassic Park World Land for a minute - I was thinking about the original in the shower this morning (as you do) and it struck me that I could still to this day name every major character in the film. Burned into my memory. Now I know that's probably more because I was a big fan back in the day, but the characters themselves were all so memorable that they've stuck with me for 25 years. The actors playing them were all superb, which also definitely helped.

I've seen Jurassic World twice and I couldn't tell you the name of a single character. They're all so bland and forgettable, even Chris Pratt who is great.


True dat, to some extent, but I don't necessarily think that that's entirely Jurassic World's fault and more to do with the fact that Jurassic Park was THE GREATEST strawberry floating THING IN THE WORLD to 8 year old me. I had the Jurassic Park annual and T Shirt and probably whatever toys came in the Happy Meal and the full page ads in the Beano and all the rest of it. I lived and breathed that movie for the whole summer of 1993, it's no surprise I can still tell you that Lex was played by Ariana Richards without even checking.

Whereas Jurassic World was pretty good, but it was another big dumb summer movie that 30 year old me was well used to by then.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:44 am

Rambo First Blood Part 2 - 8/10

It's definitely not as good as the first movie. But it is still a rollicking good, less serious action flick. Violence is off the charts. Some of the kills are awesome.

Image

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Floex » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Hereditary - 6/10

Slow going but really did build over its run time but the ending was hilarious. I, and others, burst out laughing at a certain bit towards the end. Utterly absurd. Still, fun ride.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Blue Eyes, Errkal, floydfreak, Garth, Google [Bot], Lagamorph, lex-man, Ord, Pedz, Preezy, PurplePenguin, Rich, RichardUK, Rubix, Sabrofra, Squinty, Tragic Magic, Tsunade and 55 guests