TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Lagamorph » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:30 am

And yet despite the price they're basically selling out instantly whenever anywhere gets them in stock :fp:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Ad7 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

The power of branding. Dyson are in the Apple phase now where people will buy and pay anything for whatever they put out regardless of quality due to the brand.

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Bunni » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:37 am

I have one if the cordless hoovers and it’s pretty good. I’m sure the suction could be better but it’s lasted a couple years of cat hair abuse. Gunna get it in for an MOT to freshen it up. Otherwise, branded or not, we’re way more pro active at getting the hoovering done with it than the big one we had before.

No interest in the hair stuff. Even at half the price I wouldn’t bother.

Edit: £450 for your sister in law? How much are you spending at Christmas?! What gifts do you receive in return? That’s mental.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Lagamorph » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:42 am

Bunni wrote:I have one if the cordless hoovers and it’s pretty good. I’m sure the suction could be better but it’s lasted a couple years of cat hair abuse. Gunna get it in for an MOT to freshen it up. Otherwise, branded or not, we’re way more pro active at getting the hoovering done with it than the big one we had before.

No interest in the hair stuff. Even at half the price I wouldn’t bother.

Edit: £450 for your sister in law? How much are you spending at Christmas?! What gifts do you receive in return? That’s mental.

It's not me buying it, it's my mum's present for her. I'm getting her about £30 worth of Urban Decay crap or something.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Pedz » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:04 pm

£30? I don't even spend that on my parents. They get a shitty pair of slippers each.

It's only fair, they buy my really ugly gooseberry fool clothes that they should know that I'll never ever wear. I dress like a scruffy bum.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Bunni » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Bunni wrote:I have one if the cordless hoovers and it’s pretty good. I’m sure the suction could be better but it’s lasted a couple years of cat hair abuse. Gunna get it in for an MOT to freshen it up. Otherwise, branded or not, we’re way more pro active at getting the hoovering done with it than the big one we had before.

No interest in the hair stuff. Even at half the price I wouldn’t bother.

Edit: £450 for your sister in law? How much are you spending at Christmas?! What gifts do you receive in return? That’s mental.

It's not me buying it, it's my mum's present for her. I'm getting her about £30 worth of Urban Decay crap or something.


Okay but £450 is still quite a lot of money for someone who ain’t even her kid. And is a grown up.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:58 pm

I signed up for Best Buy's Gold Visa Card today. I don't need it, or really want it, and it has a $60 annual fee, but now apparently I'm getting one.

What even is adulthood but careening from fuck-up to fuck-up and claiming "It's all good!" as you hurtle headlong toward the next one.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by <]:^D » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:02 pm

sounds like youre all jealous that his sister-in-laws getting this curler and you lot arent :roll:

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Bunni » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Watch the video tutorial and tell me you’ve no got the fear of that thing. I really shouldn’t complain about the price mind, at least you keep it forever. That’s two trips to the hiairdresser to keep my pink fixed.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Rightey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:I signed up for Best Buy's Gold Visa Card today. I don't need it, or really want it, and it has a $60 annual fee, but now apparently I'm getting one.

What even is adulthood but careening from fuck-up to fuck-up and claiming "It's all good!" as you hurtle headlong toward the next one.


Why? Like does it actually have an advantage?

If you need a good credit card you might actually want to look into the Amazon one...

https://www.amazon.com/Credit-Cards/b?node=1266766011

The one they had here in Canada used to be amazing, because in addition to everything the one they list there had, it also had no fee currency conversions, so if you travel a lot, you would always just get the current currency rate with no extra fees. But of course, like all good things in this world it was cancelled. :x

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Rightey wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:I signed up for Best Buy's Gold Visa Card today. I don't need it, or really want it, and it has a $60 annual fee, but now apparently I'm getting one.

What even is adulthood but careening from fuck-up to fuck-up and claiming "It's all good!" as you hurtle headlong toward the next one.


Why? Like does it actually have an advantage?


The benefits of payment plans on electronics cannot be overstated. Like, I can't afford a $500 laptop, but I can totally do five $100 payments over 5 months.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Rightey » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:31 am

Yeah, that makes sense then. I would just try and pay it off as fast as possible, it's pretty scary how much some people end up paying in interest for small purchases. :dread:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Pacman
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Pacman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Best credit card out there AFAIK is Tandem - 1%* cashback on everything and no foreign transaction fees. I don't know how the APR compares but I never (or have never yet) fail to pay it off each month.

*But only on whole pounds, so in practice slightly less than 1%...

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Preezy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 pm

How did I not remember that Michael Ironside is the bad guy in Free Willy?

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Dowbocop » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Bunni wrote:I have one if the cordless hoovers and it’s pretty good. I’m sure the suction could be better but it’s lasted a couple years of cat hair abuse. Gunna get it in for an MOT to freshen it up. Otherwise, branded or not, we’re way more pro active at getting the hoovering done with it than the big one we had before.

No interest in the hair stuff. Even at half the price I wouldn’t bother.

Edit: £450 for your sister in law? How much are you spending at Christmas?! What gifts do you receive in return? That’s mental.

I hoover so much more often now we have a cordless Dyson. My sister came to visit and saw how much easier it was and they bought one too :lol:

Having bought a £50 vacuum cleaner from Asda when I first graduated I can honestly say that it's worth pushing the boat out on vacuum purchases. Just thinking about that shitheap hoover makes me angry.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Preezy wrote:How did I not remember that Michael Ironside is the bad guy in Free Willy?


Because he's the good guy in all our hearts.

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Mini E » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:37 pm

Should probably be in the Science Thread but... Flat earth explained.


User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Frank » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
Bunni wrote:I have one if the cordless hoovers and it’s pretty good. I’m sure the suction could be better but it’s lasted a couple years of cat hair abuse. Gunna get it in for an MOT to freshen it up. Otherwise, branded or not, we’re way more pro active at getting the hoovering done with it than the big one we had before.

No interest in the hair stuff. Even at half the price I wouldn’t bother.

Edit: £450 for your sister in law? How much are you spending at Christmas?! What gifts do you receive in return? That’s mental.

I hoover so much more often now we have a cordless Dyson. My sister came to visit and saw how much easier it was and they bought one too :lol:

Having bought a £50 vacuum cleaner from Asda when I first graduated I can honestly say that it's worth pushing the boat out on vacuum purchases. Just thinking about that shitheap hoover makes me angry.


Push the boat out all the way. Don't bother with a dyson:

Image

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Dowbocop » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Frank wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Bunni wrote:I have one if the cordless hoovers and it’s pretty good. I’m sure the suction could be better but it’s lasted a couple years of cat hair abuse. Gunna get it in for an MOT to freshen it up. Otherwise, branded or not, we’re way more pro active at getting the hoovering done with it than the big one we had before.

No interest in the hair stuff. Even at half the price I wouldn’t bother.

Edit: £450 for your sister in law? How much are you spending at Christmas?! What gifts do you receive in return? That’s mental.

I hoover so much more often now we have a cordless Dyson. My sister came to visit and saw how much easier it was and they bought one too :lol:

Having bought a £50 vacuum cleaner from Asda when I first graduated I can honestly say that it's worth pushing the boat out on vacuum purchases. Just thinking about that shitheap hoover makes me angry.


Push the boat out all the way. Don't bother with a dyson:

Image

How do Roombas do corners?

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Bunni » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Yeah but how do Roombas do your mattress and sofa, or high dusting, or inside drawers and stuff?


Return to “Stuff”