TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Silent Right
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Silent Right » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Jesus, just back in the UK this morning and can't believe how dark it is already. Get me tae strawberry float

I kinda love it though. Came out of Tim Horton’s at 3pm and it was dark already, makes sitting in a coffee shop or in the house feel cosy and stuff. You Edinburgh based at the moment?

3PM?! Where the hell are you the arctic circle? :dread:

I hate that it always gets dark so early. I remember when I actually used to work in an office, you'd wake up in the dark, leave at sunrise, and come home during sunset. Awful stuff, day light savings can strawberry float off.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Sleighamorph » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:49 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:
Sleighamorph wrote:
KK wrote:Someone I know on Instagram from America (no, I’m not on it, don’t get excited) only posted the other day how they love the night life/atmosphere in central London at Christmas and how it gets started so early due to the light fading. Not sure about today though. Windy, rainy, cold...load o’shite.

More generally though, I hate that it’s dark by 4. Worst time of the year.

When I was in New York last December I was amazed at just how un-Christmassy it was. If you've ever seen New York on TV you'd think it's lights and decorations absolutely everywhere. But away from a few places like Rockefella plaza there's nothing. Times Square at Christmas seems no different from Times Square at any other time of year.

Americans seem to make a way bigger deal of Halloween and Thanksgiving than they do of Christmas.

Really? I thoroughly enjoyed the Christmassy feel of New York last week - all the decorations were just going up when we got there and every pub, coffee shop, store, etc. that we went to had decorations and fairy lights and stuff up. The streets weren't bare of decorations either I thought. Rockefeller Center was far, far too busy at all times but the decorations were pretty cool.

Maybe it was just last year then, but to me it just didn't feel christmassy at all. The Rockefeller Center tree was great, and there was a Christmas market in a park I forget the name of, but Times Square wasn't christmassy in the slightest when I was there and in most parts of the city you'd have been forgiven for thinking it was just any other time of year.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

by Saigon Slick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Silent Right wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Jesus, just back in the UK this morning and can't believe how dark it is already. Get me tae strawberry float

I kinda love it though. Came out of Tim Horton’s at 3pm and it was dark already, makes sitting in a coffee shop or in the house feel cosy and stuff. You Edinburgh based at the moment?

3PM?! Where the hell are you the arctic circle? :dread:

I hate that it always gets dark so early. I remember when I actually used to work in an office, you'd wake up in the dark, leave at sunrise, and come home during sunset. Awful stuff, day light savings can strawberry float off.

Yes, Glasgow.

It usually gets dark around 4.30pm here at this time of the year but the weather was so bad today that it was very dark, very early.

Laga - I dunno mate, we stayed next to Times Square and it wasn't particularly Christmassy but it's kinda hard to make a giant neon light anything other than a giant neon light in fairness, and it's a seedy enough area that you wouldn't want to spend any more time there than is absolutely necessary. We looked up about half a dozen Christmas markets in the city but the main ones were in Bryant Park(next to the library) and Columbus Circle at the edge of Central Park. Maybe it depended on the area you were in - Chinatown wasn't exactly Christmassy but Greenwich Village, Upper East Side etc. were all lovely.

Image Image
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Sleighamorph » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 pm

I was in Midtown West so maybe that area just wasn't particularly christmassy being so close to Times Square.

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 am

Saigon Slick wrote:

Yeah man back in Edinburgh for December. Was messaging all my mates earlier when it was like half 3 to check if the weather was always this shite, wasn't sure if I'd just gone soft having been spoilt the last few months in mainland Europe.

Can see the pluses but a month of this will be more than enough like. Is nice being around Scots again though, good banana splits generally. Plus they speak the same language as me which always helps :slol:

Bethlehemster
Joined in 2008

by Bethlehemster » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Had such a lovely evening. Opera was enchanting and the lady playing Carmen was mesmerising.

:wub:

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Bethlehemster wrote:Had such a lovely evening...

Bethlehemster
Joined in 2008

by Bethlehemster » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 pm

:wub:

Bethlehemster
Joined in 2008

by Bethlehemster » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm

And home to Mancunia.

Bill Clay
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD

by Bill Clay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Guys! I have changed Christmas forever!

Presenting: Stilton stuffed mince pies.
Jesus wept, it's amazing

GordonRamsay-fuckingdelicious.gif

This is right up Ad's street
Advent7 wrote:.

Advent7
Joined in 2009

by Advent7 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 pm

My name is Ad7 and i endorse this post

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Why can’t you people just be normal

Silent Right
Joined in 2008

by Silent Right » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:29 pm

I just found out Bananas in Pajamas is from Australia not the UK. WTF my life has been a lie.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

All I want for xmas is the box
Joined in 2008

by All I want for xmas is the box » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:10 am

Dyker Heights is the best place to go to for a Christmassy New York, the lengths some of the residents there go to for Christmas decorations is insane.

Bunni
Joined in 2009

by Bunni » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:17 am

We stayed in an Airbnb in Astoria a couple nights. The lady who owned the place was from Venezuela and was mad on Christmas. Tea towels, shower curtain, everything was Santa. It was brilliant, and the neighbourhood was incredibly festive too. Not quite Dyker heights, but worth the walk about.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:24 pm

I've got new glasses and I can see again :toot: .

Had to have two pairs, though; a set for distance and a set for reading. I wasn't keen on the idea of varifocals.

Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Sleighamorph » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:38 pm

One of my friends just asked me "What's the opposite of Champagne?"

Bill Clay
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD

by Bill Clay » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Sleighamorph wrote:One of my friends just asked me "What's the opposite of Champagne?"

Merlot

Pronounced Murgh-Lott.

Yulehide
Joined in 2008

by Yulehide » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick and have done since then, no actual vomiting (yet) just the lingerng feeling of impending spewage.

Perhaps cheese on toast wasn't the wisest of breakfast choices.

Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Sleighamorph » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:48 pm

So ontop of the champagne question last night my friend also revealed that he never figured out I was taking the piss 15 years ago and has spent all this time thinking I was telling the truth.

15 years ago we were driving somewhere and passed a Little Chef, so I told him that in Russia they have their own version of Little Chef called Gorba Chef and that it's mascot/logo was a Little Chef guy with a birthmark on the side of his head. Turns out he completely believed me and never thought to check up on this fact until it randomly came up last night and he was legitimately shocked to find out it wasn't true.

Return to “Stuff”