Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Moggy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:52 am

Ad7 wrote:When you begrudgingly iron a shirt, carefully pack it in your panier and get to work to find the thing is creased again.

First world problems.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:55 am

How come I can't grow hair on my head but seem to be able to easily grow it on my strawberry floating ear lobes?

Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am

Ad7 wrote:When you begrudgingly iron a shirt, carefully pack it in your panier and get to work to find the thing is creased again.

Fold it better?

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Death's Head » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:How come I can't grow hair on my head but seem to be able to easily grow it on my strawberry floating ear lobes?
Have you tried a comb over?

Yes?
Vermilion
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:55 pm

I have never ironed anything, nor do i ever intend to.

None of my stuff ever seems to crease anyways. :toot:

pjbetman
Joined in 2017

by pjbetman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Curls wrote:
Ironhide wrote:The current Tesco ads with Sarah Millican doing the voice over.

:dread:

100 %, oh strawberry float off 'tagliatelle in your belly' makes my blood boil so so so so much.

She's a strawberry floatin annoying strawberry floater...but that takes the biscuit.

pjbetman
Joined in 2017

by pjbetman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Dual wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Bullshit "condescending to the point of being offensive" corporate emails at work.

Like any reasonably sized organisation we get plenty of nonsense in our inbox from time to time, and it is easy enough to ignore most of it, or just chuckle at how bizarre it is that you are part of something that finds this necessary. But every now and then you get something which is just so far gone it's hard to believe you are not being wound up!

We recently received an email at work including important instructions for everybody on "how to walk" :fp:

This missive provided a detailed description of how you should look whilst you are walking, including such handy hints as "Look forward, not at the ground" and a reminder that we should all "swing your arms freely with a slight bend" but that "a little pumping with your arms is OK!" phew, I was worried for a second that I was going to get penalised for my pumping (ooh er!).

They also provided some age specific guidance, because we all know that walking is very different for those in their teens to ancient folk in their 30's and 40's. Apparently it is very important for those in their teens and 20's to exert themselves lots whilst walking as this will help combat the fact that they are all prone to unhealthy habits like drinking to excess, smoking and having a poor diet (no generalisation here!). For us older folk in our 30's we have been given the stern warning that whilst "it is safe to do a brisk walk" we do need to make sure that we "take ample rest" :fp:

As if that wasn't all stupid enough, out of nowhere this email then includes this genuine sentence about those in the 30's-40's age bracket: "This it the time when some women cope with motherhood" - I mean what the actual strawberry float is that!?

What

In other words...walk faster you lazy banana splits

Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:49 am

Ebay buyers.

Had some banana split win my wii u auction and the second it ended he messaged me saying "yeah can cancel it I've won a better one as I didn't think I'd win this one"

I'm getting really really sick of gooseberry fool head buyers on ebay they seem to be become more and more common.

<]:^D
Joined in 2008

by <]:^D » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:56 am

what a prick :lol:

Ad7
Joined in 2009

by Ad7 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:05 am

Errkal wrote:Ebay buyers.

Had some banana split win my wii u auction and the second it ended he messaged me saying "yeah can cancel it I've won a better one as I didn't think I'd win this one"

I'm getting really really sick of gooseberry fool head buyers on ebay they seem to be become more and more common.

:dread: sounds like a strawberry floating nightmare.

They should put a system in place where the buyer puts a £5 bond down as a non refundable fee for winning an auction. They win, that £5 is put towards the item, they pull out and they lose the £5. I bet people like your clown wouldn't bid if it means losing the equivalent of a few scratch cards or rolling tobacco.

Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:07 am

Ad7 wrote:
Errkal wrote:Ebay buyers.

:dread: sounds like a strawberry floating nightmare.

They should put a system in place where the buyer puts a £5 bond down as a non refundable fee for winning an auction. They win, that £5 is put towards the item, they pull out and they lose the £5. I bet people like your clown wouldn't bid if it means losing the equivalent of a few scratch cards or rolling tobacco.

Yeah something that may work, right now it says if you are bid you are bound by terms or something but I can't see ebay actually I forcing anything.

Luckily I was able to send an offer to the next person down the bidding (they hilt that in a while ago so obviously that's their solution) which was only £2 less, but yeah bloody ridiculous system.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 am

I strawberry floating hate eBay for so many reasons and this is one of them.

The fact that the whole thing still looks like it was designed in the 90's doesn't help either.

ImageImage
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:56 am

I didn't even know you could back out. I thought that if you had the winning bid you had to buy.

Yes?
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 am

Death's Head wrote:I didn't even know you could back out. I thought that if you had the winning bid you had to buy.

It is meant to, but a seller can cancel the order and the actual payment is a manual process on the buyers part so if you say "no I wont cancel" they just wont pay for it and I can't see what you or eBay could do about that.

There is also a page you can cancel bids here: https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ctBidShow= if you change your mind.

OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 am

So what is to prevent you from driving up the auction price yourself and then just cancelling if you end up with the winning bid so you can go to the second highest (and real) bidder?

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:19 am

Exactly, eBay is such an obvious target for manipulation with shenanigans like this. Lots of people I know used to get friends to drive bidding up on items they were trying to sell as well. Not really sure what effective mechanism their is to police such things.

ImageImage
Darkstalker90
Joined in 2018

by Darkstalker90 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 am

OrangeRKN wrote:So what is to prevent you from driving up the auction price yourself and then just cancelling if you end up with the winning bid so you can go to the second highest (and real) bidder?

Nothing at all. It is actually one of the dark arts of ebay.

1. Use a different account and place a crazy maximum bid on your own item. That way it will jump straight up to what the previous bidder's maximum was so that you can see what it is.
2. Withdraw/cancel the bid or even use the genuine account to cancel the bid from the second account.
3. Then you can bid the item up again knowing what the other bidder's maximum is. That way you can push it right up without winning it yourself.

I love ebay but it is a hive of scum and villainy at many times.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:23 pm

My buying from eBay system negates all of that.

- Decide on maximum bid well in advance
- Bid (w/your maximum bid) with 2 seconds left

If you lose, you lose, but you never end up paying more than you wanted.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Drumstick wrote:My buying from eBay system negates all of that.

- Decide on maximum bid well in advance
- Bid (w/your maximum bid) with 2 seconds left

If you lose, you lose, but you never end up paying more than you wanted.

What if someone outbids you by 1p?

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Putting DVDs and Blu Rays up is now mostly bullshit as well because MusicMagpie will always go lower almost immediately so they can be number 1. Of course that does have its advantages if you want them to lower the price...

I don’t know if this tactic works on games.

Return to “Stuff”