Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Howling at the Moon, forum stats stuff]

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008

PostCelebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Howling at the Moon, forum stats stuff]
by Karl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 pm

GRcade turns 10 on the 17th! This post will have links to the ways people are celebrating. If you have an idea for a fun thread that you want to run & have linked here, go ahead & make it, and shoot me a PM so I can update this.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Logos, Best Moments Poll]
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 pm

I can't tell you how excited I am for the AYA? that is no doubt incoming for this. :wub:

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:09 pm

I had a look through the AYA? thread linked in the Best Ever Moments thread, and if a new one does come, I'd be happy to enter it. About time I started getting involved in more forum games. BRcade was fun.
And while I haven't even been here a full year, I'll still be joining in with whatever comes to express my feelings to this place.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 am

Yeah if an AYA? does come out in celebration of this I will be all over it like a guy on an internet forum with too much time on his hands! :toot:

ImageImage
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:44 am

It would be great if we could get back to the crazy numbers that played the game in the past (i.e) 80-90. I think the two games I ran averaged 60.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 pm

The turnout for WTLM was fairly decent I thought at somewhere around 30-40 players, but yeah the more the merrier!

ImageImage
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008

by Karl » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Drumstick wrote:It would be great if we could get back to the crazy numbers that played the game in the past (i.e) 80-90. I think the two games I ran averaged 60.

I hope we can build that kind of hype for DML's game at the end of the month, at least. It will be cool to see him back in the saddle.

Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008

by 10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 am

Karl wrote:
Drumstick wrote:It would be great if we could get back to the crazy numbers that played the game in the past (i.e) 80-90. I think the two games I ran averaged 60.

I hope we can build that kind of hype for DML's game at the end of the month, at least. It will be cool to see him back in the saddle.

Hopefully with him running it, and it being for the anniversary, it'll get some lurkers out of the woodwork. I know it's annoying to some, but I think it's worth doing that quote-everyone-who's-played-before trick just to try and guarantee high numbers.

Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Member of the Decade, Forum Games, and BEST GAME OF LAST DECADE]
by Karl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 am

Agreed. My game is a bit experimental (as always!), it's cool if it only gets a couple dozen sign ups or whatever, but I really hope DML might hit 50.

Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Member of the Decade, Forum Games, and BEST GAME OF LAST DECADE]
by 10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 am

So there are two games running concurrently?

EDIT: just seen the updated OP

jawafour
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Post your GRcade Life Journey with Rax]
by jawafour » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:38 am

Happy 10th birthday, GRcade!

Wow! It's here! Ten years!

Thank you to the logo makers and to Karl for his coding magic. The huge array of celebratory logos are looking fantastic :toot: .

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Post your GRcade Life Journey with Rax]
by Preezy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:40 am

Loving all the logos, great work guys.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:01 am

Had another go at uploading the larger version off my mosaic logo:

If this doesn't work I'll just stick a Google drive link up!

ImageImage
jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:16 am

Jenuall wrote:Had another go at uploading the larger version off my mosaic logo...

That's great, Jen' - it's good to be able to explore how the logo was made. Top work!

Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Venom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Hurrah! Happy Birthday to GRcade and everybody who is, was, or ever will be a member! :toot:
From the ashes of the old Gamesradar forum there is an almost biblical story of a community of gamers left without a home... Then sun rays broke through the clouds and a man stepped out of the shadows (Garth) to lead them to the promised land.

I can't believe it's ten years. How much as changed. People have got married, had kids, made new lives. And here we all still talking about what are the best games coming out for Christmas! This place is a little online home.

Cheers founder, owners, tech staff, moderators and all members.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 pm

I see that we have an additional logo... the lovely "confetti" one :D . It's great! Did Cal make that one?

Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008

by Karl » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm

The confetti logo is by Floex and the "children's toys" logo is by Falsey. Those were the two extras on top of the ones submitted in the thread. :)

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Karl wrote:The confetti logo is by Floex and the "children's toys" logo is by Falsey. Those were the two extras on top of the ones submitted in the thread. :)

Thanks, Karl! Good work, Floex and Falsey!

It has been terrific to see so many GRcadians getting creative to support the initiative. I've just been clicking refresh to make sure that I see them all and they've each given me a wee chuckle (in a good way!) :D .

Photek
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Moggy's studio (quiz), Brer's dirty stories, your first GRcade post, shoutou
by Photek » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

The gifs and pics at top of the page are legendary, literally pishing myself after watching that black and white Simpson one.

Grcades resident banana split.
kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Celebrating 10 years of GRcade [Update: Moggy's studio (quiz), Brer's dirty stories, your first GRcade post, shoutou
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Just came here to post what many others have said - there's logos are great. Love how long serving and loyal community members are. In 20 years it (in both iterations) is the only community I have ever felt truly part of.

Return to “Stuff”