2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Summary in 1st post

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 am

Hopefully they'll sprinkle a few '...and its available now!' announcements in there too.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Pjower.
by _/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:16 am

I was of the opinion that I'd not pay more than £400 for Scorpio, but I'm now thinking I'd go to £500 as I'd not be buying any games for it as you usually do.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Photek » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:35 am

Trelliz wrote:Hopefully they'll sprinkle a few '...and its available now!' announcements in there too.

They have form for that kinda stuff.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 am

There are rumours that the Scorpio may be able to play PC games in some form and if so I'm even more interested but I have no idea how feasible that is so you guys with PCs will have to say if it is or not.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/8/15764 ... -xbox-10-s

If I can play the Total War games on it (even if its just at medium or slightly below settings) I'd be ecstatic.

The graphics card and memory should be fine but will the CPU be a problem?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:03 am

That sounds like bollocks to me, but i'll be impressed if its true. It would mean either allowing mouse and keyboard support or forcing devs to patch in controller support for games like total war which would be impossible with a pad and test already out games for a new and unique hardware configuration.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 am

Trelliz wrote:That sounds like bollocks to me, but i'll be impressed if its true. It would mean either allowing mouse and keyboard support or forcing devs to patch in controller support for games like total war which would be impossible with a pad and test already out games for a new and unique hardware configuration.


I don't think keyboard and mouse support would be that hard to enable but I'm more wondering if they can even get PC games running? Would it be possible to get steam games running if this has a version of Windows 10 on it somehow?
Again this may be completely impractical I've not been a PC gamer for quite a while now.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by BID0 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:14 am

Peter Crisp wrote:
Trelliz wrote:That sounds like bollocks to me, but i'll be impressed if its true. It would mean either allowing mouse and keyboard support or forcing devs to patch in controller support for games like total war which would be impossible with a pad and test already out games for a new and unique hardware configuration.


I don't think keyboard and mouse support would be that hard to enable but I'm more wondering if they can even get PC games running? Would it be possible to get steam games running if this has a version of Windows 10 on it somehow?
Again this may be completely impractical I've not been a PC gamer for quite a while now.

If it was running Windows 10 then Microsoft would lock it down and then you would only be able to play the Xbox PC games which (as far as I know) are just Xbox games so it would render the whole thing pointless.

Microsoft will not have Steam or anything like that running on an Xbox.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:18 am

BID0 wrote:If it was running Windows 10 then Microsoft would lock it down and then you would only be able to play the Xbox PC games which (as far as I know) are just Xbox games so it would render the whole thing pointless.

Microsoft will not have Steam or anything like that running on an Xbox.


That's what I imagined the situation would be.
Are the Total War games available without steam?

Oh well, the dream is over for another generation :slol: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by BID0 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:30 am

Peter Crisp wrote:
BID0 wrote:If it was running Windows 10 then Microsoft would lock it down and then you would only be able to play the Xbox PC games which (as far as I know) are just Xbox games so it would render the whole thing pointless.

Microsoft will not have Steam or anything like that running on an Xbox.


That's what I imagined the situation would be.
Are the Total War games available without steam?

Oh well, the dream is over for another generation :slol: .

No idea to be honest, I haven't played Total War since the first one.

True Achievements says no: https://www.trueachievements.com/search ... =TOTAL+WAR


EDIT: based on wikipedia the latest game that's not a Warhammer skin seems to be Total War: Attila? If that's what you want to play then it looks like a gooseberry fool PC will run it...

http://guides.gamepressure.com/totalwar ... p?ID=29689

Last edited by BID0 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:32 am

What if Microsoft leave a tiny back door open to install steam but don't support it officially?
Surely they can't close all the doors all the time :shifty: .

Maybe have a folder named "Totally not the unofficial steam install location" and stick it somewhere nobody is ever likely to look like in the Kinect folder.

Last edited by Peter Crisp on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:37 am

BID0 wrote:Microsoft will not have Steam or anything like that running on an Xbox.


Also pretty much this.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Monkey Man » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Monkey Man wrote:

Was going to watch it on Mixer for the sub-second delay anyway but a nice potential bonus.


Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:59 pm

I imagine they won't say what the freebies are, so they'll either be rubbish or really good.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by BID0 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Trelliz wrote:I imagine they won't say what the freebies are, so they'll either be rubbish or really good.

that's a good call

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by more heat than light » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:04 pm

BID0 wrote:
Trelliz wrote:I imagine they won't say what the freebies are, so they'll either be rubbish or really good.

that's a good call


But what if they're alright?

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Photek » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:25 pm

2 more sleeps! :toot:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Monkey Man » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:45 pm


Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Photek » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Banjo Kazooie must be coming back, too many hints.

Either way Rare has been working on another IP, hope it's Fable 4.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Venom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:28 am

Peter Crisp wrote:There are rumours that the Scorpio may be able to play PC games in some form and if so I'm even more interested but I have no idea how feasible that is so you guys with PCs will have to say if it is or not.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/8/15764 ... -xbox-10-s

It could be that it has a PC mode where it can download and play Scorpio optimised PC games. Developers make their games to accommodate a variety of hardware specs, now (using updated developer tools) they will be able to optimise their game for the Scorpio, guaranteeing compatibility.



BID0 wrote:If it was running Windows 10 then Microsoft would lock it down and then you would only be able to play the Xbox PC games which (as far as I know) are just Xbox games so it would render the whole thing pointless.

Microsoft will not have Steam or anything like that running on an Xbox.

If true, this is where it gets interesting! Would the Scorpio also be a open platform PC that can access the Steam store to buy games? Doing so would offer a massive library of games. However the sales commission would go to Valve not Microsoft and this might make the system more vulnerable to hacking and exploiting. The other way could be that any PC game maker (such as indie devs) without needing to convert the game to Xbox could have it work on Scorpio using the PC mode, then sell their game through the Xbox LIVE store. This would provide the Scorpio with a massive library of indie games and Microsoft would get their commission from the store.

[img]https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/VenomUK.png/img]

PSVR2, Sony reveal 6 new hardware improvements for PS5 - Venom
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: 2017 E3 Xbox Media Briefing, Sunday at 10pm. Feel True Power.
by Photek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:58 am

If Xbox got Steam it's the nuke bomb of E3, not gonna happen.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Met, Peter Crisp, The Watching Artist and 47 guests