6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Curls » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Donk wrote:What happened to Wales as the world cup was by the laws of the game. Still can't stop whinging about it, even now.


yes, Warbuton deserved that card, and we lost kicks, we deserved to lose. Just like we deserved that penalty against Ireland, and therefore deserved that win. We scored a converted try a man down, even if bradley davies had had the red, the result would have been similar.

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Huw wrote:
Donk wrote:What happened to Wales as the world cup was by the laws of the game. Still can't stop whinging about it, even now.


yes, Warbuton deserved that card, and we lost kicks, we deserved to lose. Just like we deserved that penalty against Ireland, and therefore deserved that win. We scored a converted try a man down, even if bradley davies had had the red, the result would have been similar.


How did you deserve that penalty? The 6 Nations Commitee has to put out a statement saying that it was a penalty because the citing commission leaked the fact that it wasn't! :lol:

What about Bradley Davies assault on Ryan only getting a yellow? Do that on the streets and he'd be in jail.

You got massively lucky. Don't pretend otherwise.

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 pm

O'Leary is utterly, utterly useless. :fp:

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Pancake » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Christ you're a moany bastard! :)

England have deserved this so far in my opinion.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by chalkitdown » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Pancake wrote:Christ you're a moany bastard! :)

England have deserved this so far in my opinion.


You say it like there's any doubt :lol: Ireland have been strawberry floating apalling.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Pancake » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:41 pm

True - I was trying to be diplomatic since Donk appears to be outraged by the referee handing the game to England.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by chalkitdown » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Awful. No words to dezcirbe how bad Ireland have been.

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Pancake wrote:True - I was trying to be diplomatic since Donk appears to be outraged by the referee handing the game to England.


England deserve this otherwise. But the scrum refereeing is just appalling. Cosibero driving in, Hartley standing up, Cole binding on the arm. All 3 actions illegal in the scrum, and Owens is letting all 3 away with it time after time.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Pancake » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:47 pm

I'll take your word for it since I don't know the rules in much detail!

So fishy, what was it? Oh yes, Ireland are 'nailed on' and you 'cannot see any way they can lose it'? I see!

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Ben Morgan man of the match. Well deserved, he's played very well since his debut.

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm

England with a well deserved win, even with the huge help from Nigel Owens.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Pancake » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Lancaster better get this job - he has done superbly well with this team.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Lotus » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Great achievement by this England team to finish 2nd in the tournament. Well above my expectations before the tournament, and if Wales hadn't been in such good form, they could even have won the whole thing.

Hopefully with a year's gelling and playing together, next year we'll be looking for a Grand Slam ourselves. :shifty:

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - The Final Weekend!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Pancake wrote:Lancaster better get this job - he has done superbly well with this team.


Entirely agree, Lancaster has turned this team around.

Something Fishy

Post6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!
by Something Fishy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Very good win from England, great performance up front.

Did not see that coming at all. So glad they finally gave youth a chance after years of a good u20 team. Did not think they could repay last years hammering in kind like this. Ireland totally deserved that and eng this.

Something Fishy

Post6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!
by Something Fishy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Pancake wrote:I'll take your word for it since I don't know the rules in much detail!

So fishy, what was it? Oh yes, Ireland are 'nailed on' and you 'cannot see any way they can lose it'? I see!

very happy to be wrong, I learned a long time ago that if I ever believe in a side they lose. Very pleased and happy to look an idiot as usual.

User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!
by Starbreaker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Great performance from England but as good as they were the Irish pack was absolute dreck.

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!
by Pancake » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Something Fishy wrote:
Pancake wrote:I'll take your word for it since I don't know the rules in much detail!

So fishy, what was it? Oh yes, Ireland are 'nailed on' and you 'cannot see any way they can lose it'? I see!

very happy to be wrong, I learned a long time ago that if I ever believe in a side they lose. Very pleased and happy to look an idiot as usual.

:)

User avatar
Fargo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!
by Fargo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Devastated. Nice win for England though.

User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: 6 Nations Thread 2012 - Wales Grand Slam Winners!
by Donk » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:00 pm

2 things to mention before I slum off to my Cave of Bitterness.

1) Declan Kidney has to go.

2) Lancaster has to get the England job.

Goodbye to all, and to all a good night!


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Eyes, Cuttooth, DarkRula, Garth, Gemini73, Google [Bot], Hime, Kanbei, Lime, Minty14, more heat than light, MSN [Bot], OrangeRKN, Peter Crisp, Return_of_the_STAR, suzzopher, Tafdolphin, Tsunade, wensleydale and 67 guests