All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Qikz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:11 pm

KjGarly wrote:So with the Oculus Quest 2, is the 64GB fine? Those who have it on here what size did you all end up going for? I’m assuming when playing the likes of Half Life your hooked up via cable so no storage on the actual headset is used?


I use 64GB, the only thing I have on my quest 2 downloaded is Virtual Desktop which is less than 1GB I think. :lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Yeah, most games I've downloaded on the device are only a few GB. My 64GB Quest 1 has never been a storage problem, and because of the file sizes, you don't have to wait long to download a game to play it, so uninstalling/reinstalling isn't any bother either.

User avatar
OldSoulCyborg
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by OldSoulCyborg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:51 pm

Need an excuse to play Half-Life: Alyx again? Why? Something wrong with you?

Anyway, the commentary update is available now.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:54 pm

Cheers for that OSC. Enjoyed all the other HL commentaries.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Victor Mildew » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Awesome. Shamefully, I've only played through Alyx once, but I'd like another go maybe during the Christmas break.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:08 pm

Classic headcrab nonsense. :lol:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Has anyone else played the Walking Dead Sinners and Saints game? I think it's going to give me a heart attack :lol:! Dealing with a single zombie is just about okay. As soon as there's two of them it's strawberry floating nightmare fuel!

It's in the top tier of the latest Humble VR Bundle, and I'm really tempted.


That bundle is incredible for the cost.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fall ... le_index_1

Walking Dead is the only game in it in interested in (already own I Expect You To Die) but even then, the total is less than that's ever been on its own. :lol:

Well, that's me folding...

Wow, I feel like I got totally ripped off now for £30 :lol: is this the Facebook premium?!

64GB here. No problem whatsoever, as long as you don't want lots of 4k VR video content stored on it.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:32 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Has anyone else played the Walking Dead Sinners and Saints game? I think it's going to give me a heart attack :lol:! Dealing with a single zombie is just about okay. As soon as there's two of them it's strawberry floating nightmare fuel!

It's in the top tier of the latest Humble VR Bundle, and I'm really tempted.


That bundle is incredible for the cost.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fall ... le_index_1

Walking Dead is the only game in it in interested in (already own I Expect You To Die) but even then, the total is less than that's ever been on its own. :lol:

Well, that's me folding...

Wow, I feel like I got totally ripped off now for £30 :lol: is this the Facebook premium?!

64GB here. No problem whatsoever, as long as you don't want lots of 4k VR video content stored on it.

Yeah, don't expect any decent discounts on the Quest store. :lol:

Can't imagine why anyone old be filling up their headset with 4k video content. :shifty:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Jawa asks: 'what's happening with PSVR on PS5?'
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:00 am

Knoyleo wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Has anyone else played the Walking Dead Sinners and Saints game? I think it's going to give me a heart attack :lol:! Dealing with a single zombie is just about okay. As soon as there's two of them it's strawberry floating nightmare fuel!

It's in the top tier of the latest Humble VR Bundle, and I'm really tempted.


That bundle is incredible for the cost.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fall ... le_index_1

Walking Dead is the only game in it in interested in (already own I Expect You To Die) but even then, the total is less than that's ever been on its own. :lol:

Well, that's me folding...

Wow, I feel like I got totally ripped off now for £30 :lol: is this the Facebook premium?!

64GB here. No problem whatsoever, as long as you don't want lots of 4k VR video content stored on it.

Yeah, don't expect any decent discounts on the Quest store. :lol:

Can't imagine why anyone old be filling up their headset with 4k video content. :shifty:

Yeah me neither... I definitely haven't already had to choose which of the 5-6GB files to delete to make room for more games :shifty:.

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by KjGarly » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Cheers chaps, ordered Quest 2 64GB and then bought the VR Humble Bundle with Walking Dead etc. Gets delivered Sunday and it's supposed to be for Christmas....Supposed to be :shifty:

Image
Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:32 pm

I just legged it out of a house because there were a lot of zombie noises and I was too scared to go further inside, even though I've got a couple of revolvers, a shotgun and an axe.

Then I thought I should man up and go back inside. Just as I'm about to walk in it beeps to say my headset is running low so I thought oh what a shame, I'd better finish there.

:slol:

This is ZombiU all over again :cry:.

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by jawa » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:...This is ZombiU all over again :cry:.

I know that feeling, Ob. I would quite like to get back to ZombiU but, having put it off for eight years now, it seems unlikely.

I watched Corazon de Leon stream the Resi games in his 24-hour marathon and I think that's definitely my preferred way of "playing" horror games.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by KjGarly » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:46 pm

So my Quest 2 arrived today which was meant to be put away till Christmas but yeah made the excuse I need to test out the 3m link cable I bought off Amazon (£9 and works like a charm) and it’s still out of its box. Tried out that introductory VR game and was impressed with the tracking of the controllers compared to PSVR. Then came across Sideloader/SideQuest and that was it then :lol:

And double tapping the side of the headset to activate pass through with the cameras to see the real world (albeit in black and white) is cool. Really impressed so far and I’ve yet to even play anything. Just downloaded Walking Dead Saints and Sinners via Steam so will give that a try tomorrow via SteamVR.

Image
Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by Memento Mori » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Somewhat tempted to get a Quest 2 to play Half Life Alyx on my new PC but I'm wary of the Facebook account requirement. But then it's £500 cheaper than a Valve Index.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by KjGarly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Somewhat tempted to get a Quest 2 to play Half Life Alyx on my new PC but I'm wary of the Facebook account requirement. But then it's £500 cheaper than a Valve Index.


Not someone who uses Facebook much at all so didn't bother me that being a requirement that being said you can control who see's your activity etc and then with SideQuest/Sideloading you can block certain tracking and telemetry with a few easy command lines. Really impressed with mine apart from being absolutely knackered due to playing till 1:30-2am then getting up for 6:30 :lol:

Sideloaded Walking Dead Saints & Sinners Quest version, which was fine then tried the PC/Steam version via link and my god it's night and day graphically :slol: Feels great grabbing a Walker by the head and driving a knife through it's skull :datass:

With Half Life I set it to proper movement control, played for about 2 hours last night till my eyes started burning with tiredness/soreness.

Image
Image
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by Xeno » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:22 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Somewhat tempted to get a Quest 2 to play Half Life Alyx on my new PC but I'm wary of the Facebook account requirement. But then it's £500 cheaper than a Valve Index.


HP reverb G2 is starting to get delivered to people. It's more expensive than the Quest but cheaper than the Index.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:12 pm

I've just seen this new Star Wars game that is released on Thursday :o looking forward to picking it up!

Image
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by Xeno » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:43 am



For the early 90's that is pretty good.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by KjGarly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I've just seen this new Star Wars game that is released on Thursday :o looking forward to picking it up!


You played it yet? Went through the opening section till I got to the bar. Bloody good stuff but I think I need to mess around with the body settings as I was finding my VR arms too close to the body.

Image
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al|
by Knoyleo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Looks good, might hold off for a while and see if I can grab any more Oculus store vouchers. There's also the 40K Battle Sister game coming out soon, which I'm much more excited about.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bertie, darksideby182, ITSMILNER, JChalmers, Lime, Monkey Man, Nook29, OrangeRKN, RichardUK, Saint of Killers and 97 guests