All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane'

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Qikz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:48 am

The controller battery usage is insane. I've used it for around an hour and a half and the battery hasn't dropped below 100% on each controller. On my Quest 1 they'd probably be at around 70% by now.

EDIT: Someone I know from VRChat has used theirs for 6 hours and they're still at 100% as well!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:34 am

Qikz wrote:I really want to buy some VR Lenses so I don't need to wear my glasses, but I can't figure out my IPD. If I use the 68mm setting on Quest 1 and Quest 2 it seems ok, but if I try and measure I think I'm closer to 70 and I'm worried if I splash the cash and pick the wrong IPD it's going to be a waste of money. If I think I'm around 70 and I get 69 that should be fine right?


There is an iphone app that can measure it for you. You dont need your IPD to buy lenses though? Just your CYL anx AXIS for each eye. A typical prescription does not have an IPD on it.

Image
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Knoyleo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:05 am

Qikz wrote:I really want to buy some VR Lenses so I don't need to wear my glasses, but I can't figure out my IPD. If I use the 68mm setting on Quest 1 and Quest 2 it seems ok, but if I try and measure I think I'm closer to 70 and I'm worried if I splash the cash and pick the wrong IPD it's going to be a waste of money. If I think I'm around 70 and I get 69 that should be fine right?

Better than fine, it'll be nice.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Qikz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Qikz wrote:I really want to buy some VR Lenses so I don't need to wear my glasses, but I can't figure out my IPD. If I use the 68mm setting on Quest 1 and Quest 2 it seems ok, but if I try and measure I think I'm closer to 70 and I'm worried if I splash the cash and pick the wrong IPD it's going to be a waste of money. If I think I'm around 70 and I get 69 that should be fine right?


There is an iphone app that can measure it for you. You dont need your IPD to buy lenses though? Just your CYL anx AXIS for each eye. A typical prescription does not have an IPD on it.


The VR Lenses ask for IPD since they design it with the headset in mind I think. I tried an app and got three different answers, 70, 71 and 72 so I guess I'll go with 70 just to be safe.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:54 am

Streaming to my TV – it sounds like I basically need a Chromecast device to do it... is that right or is there another option?

Last edited by Oblomov Boblomov on Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Albear » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Qikz wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Qikz wrote:I really want to buy some VR Lenses so I don't need to wear my glasses, but I can't figure out my IPD. If I use the 68mm setting on Quest 1 and Quest 2 it seems ok, but if I try and measure I think I'm closer to 70 and I'm worried if I splash the cash and pick the wrong IPD it's going to be a waste of money. If I think I'm around 70 and I get 69 that should be fine right?


There is an iphone app that can measure it for you. You dont need your IPD to buy lenses though? Just your CYL anx AXIS for each eye. A typical prescription does not have an IPD on it.


The VR Lenses ask for IPD since they design it with the headset in mind I think. I tried an app and got three different answers, 70, 71 and 72 so I guess I'll go with 70 just to be safe.



Really interested in these, let me know how you get on with them

Where are you buying from?

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Lagamorph » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Albear wrote:
Qikz wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Qikz wrote:I really want to buy some VR Lenses so I don't need to wear my glasses, but I can't figure out my IPD. If I use the 68mm setting on Quest 1 and Quest 2 it seems ok, but if I try and measure I think I'm closer to 70 and I'm worried if I splash the cash and pick the wrong IPD it's going to be a waste of money. If I think I'm around 70 and I get 69 that should be fine right?


There is an iphone app that can measure it for you. You dont need your IPD to buy lenses though? Just your CYL anx AXIS for each eye. A typical prescription does not have an IPD on it.


The VR Lenses ask for IPD since they design it with the headset in mind I think. I tried an app and got three different answers, 70, 71 and 72 so I guess I'll go with 70 just to be safe.



Really interested in these, let me know how you get on with them

Where are you buying from?

I'd quite like to know as well, my glasses don't really work great with my Index so if there's some actual lenses I'd be interested in trying them out.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:22 pm

I got mine from VR Optician. They are great. Not having glasses smashed up against the bridge of your nose is much more comfortable and also comforting.

Image
Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Qikz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Albear wrote:
Qikz wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Qikz wrote:I really want to buy some VR Lenses so I don't need to wear my glasses, but I can't figure out my IPD. If I use the 68mm setting on Quest 1 and Quest 2 it seems ok, but if I try and measure I think I'm closer to 70 and I'm worried if I splash the cash and pick the wrong IPD it's going to be a waste of money. If I think I'm around 70 and I get 69 that should be fine right?


There is an iphone app that can measure it for you. You dont need your IPD to buy lenses though? Just your CYL anx AXIS for each eye. A typical prescription does not have an IPD on it.


The VR Lenses ask for IPD since they design it with the headset in mind I think. I tried an app and got three different answers, 70, 71 and 72 so I guess I'll go with 70 just to be safe.



Really interested in these, let me know how you get on with them

Where are you buying from?


I'm holding off for now, because im nervous about buying the wrong IPD. I'll wait until my battery strap eventually arrives and go from there.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Victor Mildew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Do the lenses give you gimmick vision?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 pm

No one will be buying VR lenses in 3 years time.

Image
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Is the Walking Dead on VR any good? (p64)
by Knoyleo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Remember 3D TV? That had lenses.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 am

EXACTLY

Image
Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by Lagamorph » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 am

I miss 3D TV

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Just played Eleven Table Tennis until my headset died. Absolutely love it. There seems to be a little trouble avoiding double hits at times but apart from that it feels so close to playing the real thing it's ridiculous.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:44 pm

If you want to add me I’m Kazanova1980. If you don’t, that’s cool :shifty:

Image
Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:33 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:If you want to add me I’m Kazanova1980. If you don’t, that’s cool :shifty:

Let me get some more practice in first ;) I'm hooked!

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Keep receiving invitations to play a game but I'm too scared to get smashed :lol: especially as you can talk to each other through the headset!

Kaza, what level can you beat the AI at? I somehow managed 11-9 against it at 25 last night but now I'm getting humiliated by 20.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Also StayDead how are you getting on with your new set? Can you notice a difference?

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al| Qikz reports Quest 2 controller battery life 'is insane
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Keep receiving invitations to play a game but I'm too scared to get smashed :lol: especially as you can talk to each other through the headset!

Kaza, what level can you beat the AI at? I somehow managed 11-9 against it at 25 last night but now I'm getting humiliated by 20.


I don’t have that game! It was more just a general opportunity to share scores on leaderboards etc.

I finished the Room VR today. Great game. About 4 hours long and very enjoyable.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Edd, Egg, Garth, JChalmers, jiggles, Joer, Kanbei, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRKN, Peter Crisp, Photek, Prototype, The Jade Dagger, Wedgie, Zaichik, Zilnad and 115 guests