All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Victor Mistletoe » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Index controllers have shipped :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Lagamorph » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Think I might pick up the 128GB Quest.

I really like the idea of it having some titles you can play completely standalone/untethered, whilst then being able to hook up with a cable to play full games like Skyrim VR or Asgard's Wrath from my PC.
I realise the tracking isn't going to be as good as the Vive, but to be honest I'm used to the kind of tracking from PSVR, and I don't think I can really be arsed with the whole Base Station thing.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Victor Mistletoe » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Think I might pick up the 128GB Quest.

I really like the idea of it having some titles you can play completely standalone/untethered, whilst then being able to hook up with a cable to play full games like Skyrim VR or Asgard's Wrath from my PC.
I realise the tracking isn't going to be as good as the Vive, but to be honest I'm used to the kind of tracking from PSVR, and I don't think I can really be arsed with the whole Base Station thing.


They're set and forget, and an hour's set up is worth perfect tracking.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Played through the first Episode of Vader Immortal there. That's some good VR lightsabre fun.

Need to get the next two I think.

And I want to pick up Asgards Wrath and Stormland. So many good games right now.

Shame it's just a gimmick m8 and no games exist until HL:Alyx comes out.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Victor Mistletoe » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Played through the first Episode of Vader Immortal there. That's some good VR lightsabre fun.

Need to get the next two I think.

And I want to pick up Asgards Wrath and Stormland. So many good games right now.

Shame it's just a gimmick m8 and no games exist until HL:Alyx comes out.


They should have just made half life 3!

I forgot about vader immortal. I think the bundle is only about £25 or so.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:Played through the first Episode of Vader Immortal there. That's some good VR lightsabre fun.

Need to get the next two I think.

And I want to pick up Asgards Wrath and Stormland. So many good games right now.

Shame it's just a gimmick m8 and no games exist until HL:Alyx comes out.


They should have just made half life 3!

I forgot about vader immortal. I think the bundle is only about £25 or so.

Yeah they're about £8 each on the Oculus store. It's pretty good and it's weird seeing Vader up in your face.

Good fun though.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Victor Mistletoe » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 pm

I think the lightsaber dojo interests me more than anything. I loved the final part of trials on tatooine.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Victor Mistletoe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Controllers are here. I've only taken them out of the box so far, but the jump in quality over the standard Vive wands is amazing.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Ghost Giant VR - charming game, amazing discount!
by Xeno » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:46 pm

It's a bit shite that Beat Sabre dev were scooped up by Facebook. I wonder what the future holds for them.

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Victor Mistletoe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Well these index controllers are shite, what a gimmick this has turned out to be. It's so crap being able to have full digit tracking, grip sensitivity and being able to 'drop' the controller. Superhot vr has been ruined by a button press to grab being replaced by reaching out and actually grabbing weapons. And don't get me started on having a game of scissors paper stone against a robot, then shaking his hand after, being mocked for my weak grip, gripping his had again the pulling his arm off. Rubbish.

0/10 remember how shite 3dtv was? EXACTLY

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:20 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Well these index controllers are shite, what a gimmick this has turned out to be. It's so crap being able to have full digit tracking, grip sensitivity and being able to 'drop' the controller. Superhot vr has been ruined by a button press to grab being replaced by reaching out and actually grabbing weapons. And don't get me started on having a game of scissors paper stone against a robot, then shaking his hand after, being mocked for my weak grip, gripping his had again the pulling his arm off. Rubbish.

0/10 remember how shite 3dtv was? EXACTLY

Image

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by That's not a growth » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:29 am

:lol:

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Victor Mistletoe » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:09 am

Devlin :lol:

Real talk, they're fantastic. Finger tracking seems a little off in superhot so I may need to adjust the grip a bit and maybe calibrate if possible.

Oh and have you all tried compound (demo)? I've been playing it since it was in very very early stages and it's come on a lot now. Really good random layout shooter, highly reccomended (it's free).

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 am

Glad they're good.

Apparently you can use them with the Rift as well, but it's a bit fiddly to set up and I'd need to buy the sensor things as well as the controllers themselves.

One day down the line I think. I'll download compound and give that a shot over the weekend as well.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Knoydolig Llawen
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Knoydolig Llawen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:02 pm

I did it, I bought a Quest. I'm totally blown away by even the tutorial demo. :lol:

Can't wait to get started on Vader Immortal. :nod:

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Victor Mistletoe » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Knoyleo wrote:I did it, I bought a Quest. I'm totally blown away by even the tutorial demo. :lol:

Can't wait to get started on Vader Immortal. :nod:


One of us one of us

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Knoydolig Llawen
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Knoydolig Llawen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:I did it, I bought a Quest. I'm totally blown away by even the tutorial demo. :lol:

Can't wait to get started on Vader Immortal. :nod:


One of us one of us

Gimmick club

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Image

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
kazanova_Frankincense
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by kazanova_Frankincense » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:41 pm

I'm missing my Quest. I returned it twice and kept getting ones with dead pixels. Also one of them had a wierd issue where it would not stay in standby when plugged in. I wonder if they have resolved these issues now.....

Image
Image
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, Oculus, Index, VIVE et al. | Facebook buys Beat Saber developer
by HSH28 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:36 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:I'm missing my Quest. I returned it twice and kept getting ones with dead pixels. Also one of them had a wierd issue where it would not stay in standby when plugged in. I wonder if they have resolved these issues now.....


Sounds really unlucky, I haven't noticed any issues with mine since launch (though I don't want to look too closely for pixels because if I see one I don't think I'll be able to un-see it).

Anyone thinking about buying it, till the end of January (since the 21st) Vader Immortal is free.

Its not a long experience (2-3 hours I'd say for the story), but it is very cool.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, kazanova_Frankincense, kerr9000, Manwell Pablo, Monkey Man, no, Saint of Killers, Xeno and 37 guests