Amazon Prime Instant Video

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Errkal » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Tomous wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Also this month, 1917 (for real this time!) on the 16th and the frankly magnificent Parasite on the 23rd.


Where did you go on the internet to find this out dude? I’ve bought Parasite a bloody week ago :x


JustWatch is a good app, you can search for any film or TV show and it tells you everywhere its available, although I'm not sure if it includes upcoming releases.


TV Time does a good job too, for tv shows it hooked up to TVDB so has most shows on it.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Memento Mori » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:59 pm

PatSharpsMullet wrote:
captain red dog wrote:
Errkal wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Do we have a thread for The Boys because it bloody deserves one. Season 2 was absolutely incredible. They crammed so much in, I can't believe the season is over already! Easily the best series Amazon have commissioned.


I'll add it to my list, although best Amazon who for me is The Expanse followed by Preacher which is going to take some beating.

It's so different to those series, I feel nervous comparing them though! I think if you like Avengers but are a bit tired of how schmaltzy it has become, you'll enjoy it. It's basically what it would be like if super heroes actually existed.

Plus it has Karl Urban in probably his best role, so that's always a winner.

His accent in it is terrible though. It's meant to be a cockney accent, but his natural New Zealand accent is still there so it ends up being a mash-up of the two. :lol:

I didn't even realise he was doing a voice, I thought that was his real accent. It's the same voice he did in Thor Ragnarok isn't it?

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Hove

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
PatSharpsMullet wrote:
captain red dog wrote:
Errkal wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Do we have a thread for The Boys because it bloody deserves one. Season 2 was absolutely incredible. They crammed so much in, I can't believe the season is over already! Easily the best series Amazon have commissioned.


I'll add it to my list, although best Amazon who for me is The Expanse followed by Preacher which is going to take some beating.

It's so different to those series, I feel nervous comparing them though! I think if you like Avengers but are a bit tired of how schmaltzy it has become, you'll enjoy it. It's basically what it would be like if super heroes actually existed.

Plus it has Karl Urban in probably his best role, so that's always a winner.

His accent in it is terrible though. It's meant to be a cockney accent, but his natural New Zealand accent is still there so it ends up being a mash-up of the two. :lol:

I didn't even realise he was doing a voice, I thought that was his real accent. It's the same voice he did in Thor Ragnarok isn't it?

I think he uses his normal voice in Ragnarok, but in The Boys he sounds like a non-British person attempting
an English accent (which is usually deemed to be either posh or cockney).

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Rex Kramer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:28 pm

I'm not sure where his accent is meant to be because the fella playing his dad in season 2 is doing an Aussie accent I think.

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Hove

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I'm not sure where his accent is meant to be because the fella playing his dad in season 2 is doing an Aussie accent I think.

The actor playing his dad is Australian. His mum is played by a British woman.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Rex Kramer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:47 pm

PatSharpsMullet wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:I'm not sure where his accent is meant to be because the fella playing his dad in season 2 is doing an Aussie accent I think.

The actor playing his dad is Australian. His mum is played by a British woman.

Yeah but she's doing an Aussie accent as well.

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Hove

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:36 pm

He's definitely supposed to be British.


Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by more heat than light » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:10 pm

1917 is now available on Prime Video, and in glorious 4K to boot. :)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Mini E » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:09 pm

more heat than light wrote:1917 is now available on Prime Video, and in glorious 4K to boot. :)


Amazing news.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 am

Yeah I know, I've had to endure the shitty trailer before every episode of the Boys.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Amazon Prime Instant Video
by Moggy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:53 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Yeah I know, I've had to endure the shitty trailer before every episode of the Boys.


I don't know what you're watching on, but I get the option to skip trailers now on the PS4 app.

Image

Return to “Stuff”