Android Thread v2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello we don't have a notch, we just have a horrible bloody dot!

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Lagamorph » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Had an e-mail from Samsung today that the S10 will be officially unveiled in about 39 days, so we're looking around 19th or 20th February for the official unveil, so most likely a release coming March or April.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Sandy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 am

Why can't they just get rid of the front facing camera and just shove a mirror on the back like they used to do. I just want a all screen no bezel phone with no strawberry floating camera on the front (I know there's the pop-up one). The only people that make video calls are apple users so just one camera would be fine for most Android users.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:43 am

Sandy wrote:Why can't they just get rid of the front facing camera and just shove a mirror on the back like they used to do. I just want a all screen no bezel phone with no strawberry floating camera on the front (I know there's the pop-up one). The only people that make video calls are apple users so just one camera would be fine for most Android users.

What about selfies?

Image
User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Sandy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Sandy wrote:Why can't they just get rid of the front facing camera and just shove a mirror on the back like they used to do. I just want a all screen no bezel phone with no strawberry floating camera on the front (I know there's the pop-up one). The only people that make video calls are apple users so just one camera would be fine for most Android users.

What about selfies?


That's what the mirror on the back is for; the vain and narcissistic. This way they can have even higher resolution photos of themselves.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Lagamorph » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:16 pm

No front facing camera would alienate a huge portion of the userbase, especially bloggers ('influencers' :dread: )

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Sandy wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Sandy wrote:Why can't they just get rid of the front facing camera and just shove a mirror on the back like they used to do. I just want a all screen no bezel phone with no strawberry floating camera on the front (I know there's the pop-up one). The only people that make video calls are apple users so just one camera would be fine for most Android users.

What about selfies?


That's what the mirror on the back is for; the vain and narcissistic. This way they can have even higher resolution photos of themselves.

What about Snapchat filters?

Image
User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Sandy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:What about Snapchat filters?


strawberry float Snapchat filters

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Sandy wrote:Why can't they just get rid of the front facing camera and just shove a mirror on the back like they used to do. I just want a all screen no bezel phone with no strawberry floating camera on the front (I know there's the pop-up one). The only people that make video calls are apple users so just one camera would be fine for most Android users.


People use Facebook for video calls, and Skype, and a heap of other apps. It isn't just selfies.

User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Sandy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Weirdos

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:40 am

Um a) this is one of those "so simple it's genius" things (especially the multitasking bit) and b) did they just kill the foldable phone before they even went on sale? Probably not, no. But I think I'd rather have one of these than the first gen of foldable phone.



Screens on both sides :o :shock: :lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by HSH28 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:13 pm

That's a terrible idea.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Now people can have a smashed screen on both sides

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by HSH28 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:38 pm

The back looks awful and very vulnerable (no putting it in a case to protect it either), looks like it makes the phone very thick and its got to add a load to the price of the phone.

Can't see that ever taking off in any form similar to that.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:44 pm

HSH28 wrote:The back looks awful and very vulnerable (no putting it in a case to protect it either), looks like it makes the phone very thick and its got to add a load to the price of the phone.

Can't see that ever taking off in any form similar to that.


Would bone the battery too as no doubt it will get used for other crap too.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Saint of Killers » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:02 am

:lol: at responses to previous video. Fair enough.


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 am

I prefer the notch.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Saint of Killers » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 am

There's a phone which has the notch stuff appear by sliding the screen/back of phone up/down. Purely from an aesthetics pov, I prefer that than having a chunk of screen missing. Either reduce the screen size, or find a better way to integrate the tech within the notch. Screen overspill / tech encroaching into screen real estate is making do dressed up as a "feature". (Thank strawberry float I'm not a phone person or that gooseberry fool would infuriate me :lol: )

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 am

Saint of Killers wrote:There's a phone which has the notch stuff appear by sliding the screen/back of phone up/down. Purely from an aesthetics pov, I prefer that than having a chunk of screen missing. Either reduce the screen size, or find a better way to integrate the tech within the notch. Screen overspill / tech encroaching into screen real estate is the making do dressed up as a "feature".


Yeah I think the best way so far is the s8 and s9 approach of just having a slit bezel at the top to contain the speaker, camera, iris etc.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Lagamorph » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 am

Errkal wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:There's a phone which has the notch stuff appear by sliding the screen/back of phone up/down. Purely from an aesthetics pov, I prefer that than having a chunk of screen missing. Either reduce the screen size, or find a better way to integrate the tech within the notch. Screen overspill / tech encroaching into screen real estate is the making do dressed up as a "feature".


Yeah I think the best way so far is the s8 and s9 approach of just having a slit bezel at the top to contain the speaker, camera, iris etc.

Or that phone with a pop up camera.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Mafro, Peter Crisp, Ploiper, Quantum Name, RichardUK and 52 guests