Animal Crossing [CHAT]

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by Robbo-92 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm

I think Nintendo probably know by now they don’t really need to show much of Animal Crossing Switch in the leadup to its release (like Pokémon in a small way, its going to sell well unless something goes massively wrong with it in its development), if they’d shown it in the previous direct I would have bought a May release date but as we know nothing I don’t see it releasing in around 2 months.

Thats not to say it is impossible of course, but its not looking likely unless we do get some news soon.

Image

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 pm



Law and order in Jawabit :toot: .

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Ace that you've finally got one. And it's the same as I've got, too.

Image
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:44 pm

DarkRula wrote:Ace that you've finally got one. And it's the same as I've got, too.

Yeah, I chose the modern design. It was 265k bells... :dread: . But PC Copper was worth it :wub: .

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:58 pm



Natural history is in sharp focus in Jawabit :toot: .

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Great work on that as well.

Redd's in my town today, and having checked a guide beforehand I'm pretty sure that's two more paintings to my collection.

Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by shy guy 64 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:54 pm

DarkRula wrote:Ace that you've finally got one. And it's the same as I've got, too.


to be fair theres only the two so i imagine maybe around half of us have it

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:58 pm

DarkRula wrote:Great work on that as well.

Redd's in my town today, and having checked a guide beforehand I'm pretty sure that's two more paintings to my collection.

Thanks, 'Rula! I'm avoiding the artwork part of the game... I got my fingers burnt by Redd on two occasions! I will seek out the guides / tips for this part at some point in the future. It sounds like you've got loads of neat stuff in your town?

I had a little wander around the fossil section of the museum...


User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:59 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
DarkRula wrote:Ace that you've finally got one. And it's the same as I've got, too.


to be fair theres only the two so i imagine maybe around half of us have it


Yes, but considering it has to be suggested by a villager... It took about two years before I got mine even suggested.

Last edited by DarkRula on Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 pm

DarkRula wrote:Yes, but considering it has to be suggested by a villager... It took about two years before I got mine even suggested.

You lost me a bit, Rula... what has to be suggested, dude?

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm

jawafour wrote:Thanks, 'Rula! I'm avoiding the artwork part of the game... I got my fingers burnt by Redd on two occasions! I will seek out the guides / tips for this part at some point in the future. It sounds like you've got loads of neat stuff in your town?


There's a good one at Thonky that has pictures and a description of what to look out for.

As for my town, I've got every fruit in it with most being contained in an orchard in the north-east. I've tried my best at creating a park area in the south with a bench, fountain, and lights. There's also the campsite up north with a drinking fountain and a garbage bin. Most of the rest of it is a mess, though, with items scattered everywhere.

And I'm pretty sure the new villagers are treating my town as a warzone, with most of them being either side of the river close together.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 pm

jawafour wrote:
DarkRula wrote:Yes, but considering it has to be suggested by a villager... It took about two years before I got mine even suggested.

You lost me a bit, Rula... what has to be suggested, dude?


It was replying to shy guy about the police station. It had to be suggested by a villager before it got added to the PWP list. Of course, I could have misread the meaning of shyguy's comment...

Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by shy guy 64 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm

DarkRula wrote:
jawafour wrote:
DarkRula wrote:Yes, but considering it has to be suggested by a villager... It took about two years before I got mine even suggested.

You lost me a bit, Rula... what has to be suggested, dude?


It was replying to shy guy about the police station. It had to be suggested by a villager before it got added to the PWP list. Of course, I could have misread the meaning of shyguy's comment...


no i was referring to the police station

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by Robbo-92 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 pm

The fossil section of my museum is the only section that ever gets completed, I’m probably about 95% on fish and bugs (and I’ve never really bothered with the art from that dodgy chap better known as Redd) in my New Leaf town so I’ve gotten most of them.

Also classic police station is clearly the better one (although the modern one does have the GC vibe going on, in fact they might be identical?).

Image

Image
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by Lime » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:42 pm

I've got back into Animal Crossing New Leaf, and had no idea that Redd might rip me off until he did. That'll learn me, I thought it was very good fortune for him to have a Mona Lisa. :x

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by shy guy 64 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:The fossil section of my museum is the only section that ever gets completed


i hear that

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 am

shy guy 64 wrote:no i was referring to the police station


I understand the context of that previous comment, now. Yeah, two choices means about half of everyone will have either one.

Image
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:03 am



Those few moments in the company of the Kapp'n always result in a life lesson.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by jawafour » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:36 pm



Hippeux was surprised but delighted :toot: .

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing [CHAT]
by DarkRula » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:09 pm

Think my villagers have been talking to a monkey.

Bunnie came round my house by surprise, and after talking to her three times she gave me a banana. Found a lost mitten, and eventually found its owner, so get a banana as a thanks.

If I get a third banana from someone, it's unfortunate I can't take it out on a villager as there are no monkeys in this town.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAKA, DarkRula, Edd, KjGarly, Monkey Man, Nintendonerd69, PaperMacheMario, Poser, suzzopher, Tafdolphin and 43 guests