Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020

Anything to do with games at all.

Favourite Animal Crossing?

Animal Crossing (2001)
12
20%
Wild World (2005)
12
20%
City Folk (2008)
1
2%
New Leaf (2012)
34
58%
 
Total votes: 59
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I find the fossils vary, most days I’ve found 4, some I’ve found 5 and once I’ve found 6.

Definitely be taking part in the bug off, hope it’s not a carbon copy of the fish tourney with bugs instead though.


well in the past fishing was about size, bugs were about rarity, however ive already forgotten how the fishing worked in this one

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I find the fossils vary, most days I’ve found 4, some I’ve found 5 and once I’ve found 6.

Definitely be taking part in the bug off, hope it’s not a carbon copy of the fish tourney with bugs instead though.


well in the past fishing was about size, bugs were about rarity, however ive already forgotten how the fishing worked in this one


Mainly 3 minutes to get as many fish/points as possible wasn’t it?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Yubel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Quick PSA: Due to the Bug-off on saturday, K.K is performing today instead!

Also got 100,000 miles in the bank as of today. Hope Nintendo give me more reasons to spend them...

Image
Image
Youtube - Yubellion

SW-8425-4441-8614
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:01 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I find the fossils vary, most days I’ve found 4, some I’ve found 5 and once I’ve found 6.

Definitely be taking part in the bug off, hope it’s not a carbon copy of the fish tourney with bugs instead though.


well in the past fishing was about size, bugs were about rarity, however ive already forgotten how the fishing worked in this one


Mainly 3 minutes to get as many fish/points as possible wasn’t it?


hmm probably will be the same but with bugs then

Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Tsunade » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 pm

There's a big thunderstorm in Chaos tonight!

Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Tsunade wrote:There's a big thunderstorm in Chaos tonight!


as if there isnt enough in the real world

Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Tsunade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm

So... anyone else trying to get everything in the bug off?

Image
Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Frank » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 pm

I've got all the items thanks to the team bonus but I can't be bothered playing it enough to get the gold trophy :slol: Just seems like it's expecting you to dedicate far too much time to playing the same three minute minigame.

Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Tsunade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:37 pm

I've got no one to play with :lol: so I'm doing it myself. It's taken about an hour just to get the bronze trophy.

Image
Image
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm opening up if anyone wants to be my bug buddy for a bit. Dodo is F9RMN.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by DarkRula » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Just get two rotten turnips and place them an acre apart, then go back and forth between them. Ants are almost always guaranteed to spawn, which just makes it ridiculously easy. Or, if you only have one, just keep running out of the acre then back in.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Jezo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:52 pm

DarkRula wrote:Just get two rotten turnips and place them an acre apart, then go back and forth between them. Ants are almost always guaranteed to spawn, which just makes it ridiculously easy. Or, if you only have one, just keep running out of the acre then back in.

This. Unfortunately only had 1 rotten turnip tho, but managed to catch 17 bugs in a round.

The rewards are a bit lacklustre though aren't they? I was hoping for a full furniture set and it's just... not...

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Not had chance to try it out yet but it sounds rather similar to the fishing tourney? :(

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Jezo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Not had chance to try it out yet but it sounds rather similar to the fishing tourney? :(

Well yeah, were you really expecting something different?

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by OrangeRKN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Not had chance to try it out yet but it sounds rather similar to the fishing tourney? :(


It's exactly the same, just easier because it's quicker to catch bugs (and as above, my spoiled turnips came in very handy!)

Got the gold trophy now, have these dupe rewards to give away if anyone wants them:

1x Bug aloha shirt, 1x Ladybug rug, 1x Artisanal bug cage, 2x Ladybug umbrella, 2x Butterflies wall, 2x Butterfly backpack, 1x Bug wand

Jezo wrote:The rewards are a bit lacklustre though aren't they? I was hoping for a full furniture set and it's just... not...


I like the spiderweb and the toy cockroach/centipede, especially for halloween potential. Another wand and umbrella for the collection too. It's pretty much on par with the fishing tourney rewards

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Jezo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 pm

SexyRKN wrote:
Jezo wrote:The rewards are a bit lacklustre though aren't they? I was hoping for a full furniture set and it's just... not...


I like the spiderweb and the toy cockroach/centipede, especially for halloween potential. Another wand and umbrella for the collection too. It's pretty much on par with the fishing tourney rewards

Yeah there's some great stuff, but why is it so limited compared to previous games, not even that, so limited compared to that dreadful Easter set? I didn't work out the whole points system thing till after I got just a bronze for fishing, but I assumed I didn't get all the furniture, but after looking it up I think I did get them all. Again, disappointing. This iteration is severely lacking in full furniture sets.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by OrangeRKN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:29 pm

The mermaid set coming with the diving update suggests to me they're planning on adding more furniture sets through updates. Luckily as my first AC I'm not missing all of the cut content :lol:

It's definitely Nintendo's Skyrim

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:52 pm

I enjoyed the bug off more than the fishing due to being aware of the multiplayer multiplyer. Thanks, Tsunade!

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Tsunade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:53 pm

Fruits Punch Samurai wrote:I'm opening up if anyone wants to be my bug buddy for a bit. Dodo is F9RMN.

Thanks for having me over!

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Jezo wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Not had chance to try it out yet but it sounds rather similar to the fishing tourney? :(

Well yeah, were you really expecting something different?


I was hoping it'd be slightly different but not exactly surprised its the same?

The one good thing it has over the fishing one is that you aren't fishing up eggs at the same time as I recall the bunny day event/rubbish was on at the same time as the first fishing tourney. Not a chance am I grinding out 300 points for the gold trophy though :lol:

Image
Image
Image

Return to “Games”