Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020

Anything to do with games at all.

Favourite Animal Crossing?

Animal Crossing (2001)
5
31%
Wild World (2005)
3
19%
City Folk (2008)
0
No votes
New Leaf (2012)
8
50%
 
Total votes: 16
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Balladeer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Oh, okay, cheers. Nice idea.

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!

Every console has one slow year in its first two. The Switch is now in year 3. Deep breath...
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by shy guy 64 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 pm

looks so good cant wait to get it

Image
User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by HaruKazuhira » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:16 pm

The more I think about this the more excited I get. This isn't a premade map you just move into anymore. We will potentially be making our own town from scratch which will probably feel satisfying as heck by the end. It might mean maintaining things takes more work, but I think that's the idea they're trying to go with.

Image
"I am the reason, the answer and the problem"
twitter
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Qikz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 pm

The treehouse segment for this looks so good. just the ability to put furniture outside is a huge bonus!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Wedgie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 pm

If it expands on the formula that the series is famous for: collecting tat.

Ever since the GC version, I grew bored after two weeks of playing and nothing can capture the magic that the GC version had. I played the GC version for almost two years.

So quests would be welcome.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am

It looks lovely but again, as with all the AC games I've spent time with, I can't see anything that is a real step up from what the GC version did 16/17 years ago. You're still doing the same stuff.

So not for me, but I'm sure everyone who is into it will love it.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by shy guy 64 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm

you know its funny i was planning to name my next town after that coastal town in botw and we're on a deserted island

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by jawafour » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

The mechanics of AC just seem to form my ideal game. I can wander around without a time limit or a particular goal, discovering things and trying out stuff. I just gained a moon (it's huge) and a holographic machine-thing in AC on 3DS. I've no idea what they do (if anything, apart from looking cool) but that's okay.

I can't wait to try out the Switch version!*

* As long as it's not a Pocket Camp-styled pay-a-thon.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by The Watching Artist » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:It looks lovely but again, as with all the AC games I've spent time with, I can't see anything that is a real step up from what the GC version did 16/17 years ago. You're still doing the same stuff.

So not for me, but I'm sure everyone who is into it will love it.

You can put furniture outside now Devlin. FURNITURE. OUTSIDE. :shock:

Bit surprised to see people so down on the visuals. Thought it looked like a right big step forward. Just look at the water in the river and the weather when its sped up. The wind in the trees. Much better lighting.

Be really interested see how this new stuff works once you kind of reach the "main game". The treehouse bit looked effectively like a whole new early game section. Also the smartphone is a nice way to improve some QoL features. I assume this means you dont have to open and close gates for online play. But the camera mode was a let down. Not being able to do anything other then zoom in (aside from some filters) is a bit crap. I've been hoping for better camera controls in AC for years. I just want to be able to look out to sea and watch the sunset/rise. Thought I might get that for a mo. :(

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Have they added some kind of resource collection and crafting mechanic into AC akin to something like Dragon Quest Builders? The trailer seemed to suggest something like that but I haven't seen any of the treehouse stuff.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Well from what I saw yesterday in the treehouse you can find bits such as wood, hard wood, stone etc on the ground, shake them from trees and probably dig them up. You then need a certain amount to build/make something so there is some kind of collecting element to it.

Image

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Tomous » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Have they added some kind of resource collection and crafting mechanic into AC akin to something like Dragon Quest Builders? The trailer seemed to suggest something like that but I haven't seen any of the treehouse stuff.


Yep, it looks like resource collecting and crafting will plus a big part of this and a lot of the multiplayer fun will come from working together on that kinda stuff.

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: Bye
by darksideby182 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Has Nick had a meltdown?

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Bye
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

darksideby182 wrote:Has Nick had a meltdown?

I think he's had his wrist slapped by Mafro for some racist comments in the Cyberpunk thread.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bye
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
darksideby182 wrote:Has Nick had a meltdown?

I think he's had his wrist slapped by Mafro for some racist comments in the Cyberpunk thread.

Yeah it was a bit of a "yikes" moment I think.

ImageImage
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - coming 20th March 2020
by Yubel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:It looks lovely but again, as with all the AC games I've spent time with, I can't see anything that is a real step up from what the GC version did 16/17 years ago. You're still doing the same stuff.

So not for me, but I'm sure everyone who is into it will love it.

You can put furniture outside now Devlin. FURNITURE. OUTSIDE. :shock:

Bit surprised to see people so down on the visuals. Thought it looked like a right big step forward. Just look at the water in the river and the weather when its sped up. The wind in the trees. Much better lighting.


I wasn't down on the visuals as such...but nor could I go any further than to say it looks clean. Where I think this game is taking a noticeable leap tech-wise is in the subtle flourishes like those you just mentioned: water reflections, leaves rustling in the wind, the lighting of course and what I'm assuming are dynamic shadows.

Taken altogether, it's pretty tantalising to imagine what a full day/night time-lapse might look like and especially during different seasons.

User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by HaruKazuhira » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Looks like auto saving is finally coming to AC.

https://mashable.com/article/mr-resetti ... urope=true

Animal Crossing: New Horizons' project lead Aya Kyogoku officially announced that Mr. Resetti lost his job at the Reset Surveillance Center due to the upcoming Switch title's new auto-save function.


Honestly it's been a long time coming with a game like this. Also keeps playthroughs feel more natural.

Image
"I am the reason, the answer and the problem"
twitter
User avatar
mysteriousdave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by mysteriousdave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm

The AC amiibos are all reasonably priced on Amazon - might be a good time to pick them up, presuming they'll be compatible.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:09 pm

HaruKazuhira wrote:Looks like auto saving is finally coming to AC.

https://mashable.com/article/mr-resetti ... urope=true

Animal Crossing: New Horizons' project lead Aya Kyogoku officially announced that Mr. Resetti lost his job at the Reset Surveillance Center due to the upcoming Switch title's new auto-save function.


Honestly it's been a long time coming with a game like this. Also keeps playthroughs feel more natural.


Poor Mr Resetti :(

Auto save is nice to finally see though, hopefully they find Mr Resetti a job elsewhere in the game.

Image

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Switch) - 20/03/2020
by shy guy 64 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
HaruKazuhira wrote:Looks like auto saving is finally coming to AC.

https://mashable.com/article/mr-resetti ... urope=true

Animal Crossing: New Horizons' project lead Aya Kyogoku officially announced that Mr. Resetti lost his job at the Reset Surveillance Center due to the upcoming Switch title's new auto-save function.


Honestly it's been a long time coming with a game like this. Also keeps playthroughs feel more natural.


Poor Mr Resetti :(

Auto save is nice to finally see though, hopefully they find Mr Resetti a job elsewhere in the game.


i think hes popular enough that theyll keep him around, perhaps he'll be in charge of something new

Image

Return to “Games”