Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Frank » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:25 pm

So, picked up a second pair of Beats in the sales. Another set of the wireless Solo 3s, which, according to the internet, are now compatible with audio streaming.

Pair them up, start playing a song, and it only comes through one set. Look in the silly little audio menu (you know, the thing that comes up when you tap the middle icon in itunes), and the SHARE AUDIO button is there, but when I click it, it just brings up the "Bring another set of headphones close to this iPhone to share audio" and does nothing. Like, they're already connected. I don't need to bring them anywhere, just play the damn song.

What I've noticed in that silly little menu is that the SHARE AUDIO button only appears when I'm playing music through the new set of Beats. Do I need to update the old one, or what? Going to try that now, but so far this has been a nightmare. It just works, amirite.

EDIT: Updated the firmware on my old Beats (big fan of how no troubleshooting guide mentions they've got firmware :slol: ) and turned everything off and on again and for some reason now it works! Relief.

Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by RichardUK » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:35 am

I had to sell my iPhone X, a phone that I loved and would have been happy with for a few more years but I now have a iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb in Silver and I like the extra screen size, before I have always thought the bigger iPhones may be to big but it seems just right, I have not tried the camera yet but from what I have read it should be good, I just need to buy the leather folio case now

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 am

RichardUK wrote:I had to sell my iPhone X, a phone that I loved and would have been happy with for a few more years but I now have a iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb in Silver and I like the extra screen size, before I have always thought the bigger iPhones may be to big but it seems just right, I have not tried the camera yet but from what I have read it should be good, I just need to buy the leather folio case now


Hopefully I can get the 11 Pro Max for around the same as what I pay for my bloody S9 Plus a month when the contracts up in March (£53 with Three)

Started using my Air 3 last night, why wait for Christmas...Right? RIGHT??

Image
Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Hime » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:53 am

KjGarly wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I had to sell my iPhone X, a phone that I loved and would have been happy with for a few more years but I now have a iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb in Silver and I like the extra screen size, before I have always thought the bigger iPhones may be to big but it seems just right, I have not tried the camera yet but from what I have read it should be good, I just need to buy the leather folio case now


Hopefully I can get the 11 Pro Max for around the same as what I pay for my bloody S9 Plus a month when the contracts up in March (£53 with Three)

Started using my Air 3 last night, why wait for Christmas...Right? RIGHT??

I've been looking at changing phones and it's way cheaper to buy the phone with Apple/Samsung and get a SIM free deal.

What made you choose to Apple? I've got the S9 and can't decide between the Note 10 and the iPhone 11. The thing swaying it for me is that of all the new features the inductive charging with Samsung would be very useful.

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:02 am

Hime wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I had to sell my iPhone X, a phone that I loved and would have been happy with for a few more years but I now have a iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb in Silver and I like the extra screen size, before I have always thought the bigger iPhones may be to big but it seems just right, I have not tried the camera yet but from what I have read it should be good, I just need to buy the leather folio case now


Hopefully I can get the 11 Pro Max for around the same as what I pay for my bloody S9 Plus a month when the contracts up in March (£53 with Three)

Started using my Air 3 last night, why wait for Christmas...Right? RIGHT??

I've been looking at changing phones and it's way cheaper to buy the phone with Apple/Samsung and get a SIM free deal.

What made you choose to Apple? I've got the S9 and can't decide between the Note 10 and the iPhone 11. The thing swaying it for me is that of all the new features the inductive charging with Samsung would be very useful.


I've had my little break from Apple (Went from iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung S7 Edge through to S9+) and I just want to switch back. Much prefer typing out messages on an Apple device, with my S9+ I'm constantly doing spelling mistakes :slol:

The iPad Air 3 I've got for Christmas which is actually getting used now is my gateway back into Apple besides the point of always wanting an iPad but never getting one till now.

Image
Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Mafro » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Probably useful to some of you


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Tafdolphin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:51 pm

That's good because now everyone can track you at once. Saves time.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Moggy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm



Bargain :datass:

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by That's not a growth » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:36 pm

1.5 TB of RAM? I'm not actually shocked at the price. I'm more shocked it can fit that much in it.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Omg my second pair of AirPod pros have broken again!
This time it wasn't just a case of one of the AirPod pros not connecting but the case is draining when not in use. They were dead a few days after charging them without any use.
I fully charged it again and now the left AirPod is not responding.
Done the reset by forgetting the device from my phone and holding the reset button for 15 secs until it flashes orange. Reconnected to my iPhone and the left pod is still dead.

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by RichardUK » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:28 am

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Omg my second pair of AirPod pros have broken again!
This time it wasn't just a case of one of the AirPod pros not connecting but the case is draining when not in use. They were dead a few days after charging them without any use.
I fully charged it again and now the left AirPod is not responding.
Done the reset by forgetting the device from my phone and holding the reset button for 15 secs until it flashes orange. Reconnected to my iPhone and the left pod is still dead.


You probably have already done this but have you wiped the bottom part of the AirPod and blown in the case? It just sounds like it’s not connecting to the charge point in the case,

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:28 am

RichardUK wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Omg my second pair of AirPod pros have broken again!
This time it wasn't just a case of one of the AirPod pros not connecting but the case is draining when not in use. They were dead a few days after charging them without any use.
I fully charged it again and now the left AirPod is not responding.
Done the reset by forgetting the device from my phone and holding the reset button for 15 secs until it flashes orange. Reconnected to my iPhone and the left pod is still dead.


You probably have already done this but have you wiped the bottom part of the AirPod and blown in the case? It just sounds like it’s not connecting to the charge point in the case,

Thanks for the advice. I tried that but no effect. The battery in the case has now dropped to 25% from 65% yesterday and I haven't even used them.
Will take them back later this week.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Venom » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:34 am

Mafro wrote:Probably useful to some of you



That should be brilliant. Many, many times I've left home without my Oyster (London Transport card) and going through a ticket barrier when there is a hoard of people behind you, frantic to get through without wasting a nanosecond and you hold up the queue waiting for Face ID to authenticate - the pressure, the PRESSURE!

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Went with an early upgrade via Three (mine was due to upgradeable till March) so will have an iPhone 11 Pro Max (Space Gray and went with the 64GB option same as my iPad as I pay the 70-odd pence for 50GB of iCloud a month and space hasn't been an issue with it) winging it's way to me on Monday :msgreen:

Image
Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by RichardUK » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am

KjGarly wrote:Went with an early upgrade via Three (mine was due to upgradeable till March) so will have an iPhone 11 Pro Max (Space Gray and went with the 64GB option same as my iPad as I pay the 70-odd pence for 50GB of iCloud a month and space hasn't been an issue with it) winging it's way to me on Monday :msgreen:


I am sure you will love it, The biggest difference I have noticed is how much improved the battery performance is, I don’t know the official stats but I would say it’s at least twice as good as my iPhone X was,

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:20 am

RichardUK wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Went with an early upgrade via Three (mine was due to upgradeable till March) so will have an iPhone 11 Pro Max (Space Gray and went with the 64GB option same as my iPad as I pay the 70-odd pence for 50GB of iCloud a month and space hasn't been an issue with it) winging it's way to me on Monday :msgreen:


I am sure you will love it, The biggest difference I have noticed is how much improved the battery performance is, I don’t know the official stats but I would say it’s at least twice as good as my iPhone X was,


Oh I'm sure it will be great the last iPhone I had was a 6 Plus before going over to Samsung (S9 Plus is my current one) can't wait :D

Image
Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by RichardUK » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm

I forgot to mention that remember you get a year free subscription to Apple TV +, I am watching the servant at the moment

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:39 am

RichardUK wrote:I forgot to mention that remember you get a year free subscription to Apple TV +, I am watching the servant at the moment


Already got the year sub with my iPad I got for Christmas and up to date with Servant. See was another good one on Apple TV + :wub:

And Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS 42mm) bought too in place of my Samsung S3 Frontier. I'll miss that watch, loved it especially for the size. Oo-er.

Image
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by rinks » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:22 pm

RichardUK wrote:I am watching the servant at the moment

Don’t they get weekends off?

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Mafro » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:43 pm

rinks wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I am watching the servant at the moment

Don’t they get weekends off?

:lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter

Return to “Stuff”