Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by gaminglegend » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:43 am

rinks wrote:
Mafro wrote:

I hope that’s real. I always liked the flat edge of the 4. It felt so solid. And it would match my iPad.


This is kinda of what I was hoping for an SE more of a chunkier phone like the old form. I like it.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by ITSMILNER » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:42 pm

IPhone SE arrived today, it’s a lovely phone and damn that was a quick and painless transfer over from my old Iphone SE model. Need to grab a case for it, guessing any IPhone 8 case will work?

I’m now tempted by getting a pair of AirPods, my only concern is them falling out whilst I’m in the gym and losing one.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Robbo-92 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:55 pm

The Airpod Pros are meant to stay in your ears better aren’t they?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:35 pm

Bought my partner an iPad Air, she set it up from scratch last night and has already forgotten what strawberry floating passcode she set and it’s asking for it after updating. Any way I can factory reset if it wasn’t set up via a computer? Pretty pissed off.

Image
Image
User avatar
massimo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by massimo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:14 am

KjGarly wrote:Bought my partner an iPad Air, she set it up from scratch last night and has already forgotten what strawberry floating passcode she set and it’s asking for it after updating. Any way I can factory reset if it wasn’t set up via a computer? Pretty pissed off.

Yeah plug it into a Mac/PC and you’ll be able to erase it.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Errkal » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:23 am

KjGarly wrote:Bought my partner an iPad Air, she set it up from scratch last night and has already forgotten what strawberry floating passcode she set and it’s asking for it after updating. Any way I can factory reset if it wasn’t set up via a computer? Pretty pissed off.


Yeah you say, you strawberry floated it you fix it, and then open a beer.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:49 am

massimo wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Bought my partner an iPad Air, she set it up from scratch last night and has already forgotten what strawberry floating passcode she set and it’s asking for it after updating. Any way I can factory reset if it wasn’t set up via a computer? Pretty pissed off.

Yeah plug it into a Mac/PC and you’ll be able to erase it.


Managed to do that by putting it into recovery mode. Gone through the set up, signed in with the email address she used and password which worked but can't remember the passcode so she's going to have to create a new Apple ID the dope. She never likes me setting new stuff up for her, likes to do it herself and this is the type of gooseberry fool that always happens with me then having to fix it :|

Image
Image
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by gaminglegend » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:58 am

KjGarly wrote:
massimo wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Bought my partner an iPad Air, she set it up from scratch last night and has already forgotten what strawberry floating passcode she set and it’s asking for it after updating. Any way I can factory reset if it wasn’t set up via a computer? Pretty pissed off.

Yeah plug it into a Mac/PC and you’ll be able to erase it.


Managed to do that by putting it into recovery mode. Gone through the set up, signed in with the email address she used and password which worked but can't remember the passcode so she's going to have to create a new Apple ID the dope. She never likes me setting new stuff up for her, likes to do it herself and this is the type of gooseberry fool that always happens with me then having to fix it :|


Used to work in a electronics store and spent half my week doing this again and again for people. Most of the time they hadn’t even brought it from us either.

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Sorted, used a new email and set up as new and setup myself so at least I can remember gooseberry fool.

Purchased an Apple Pencil (1st Gen for my Air) and enjoyed my quick go of it yesterday and today..

Image

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by ITSMILNER » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:11 pm

Cool pics KJ!

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri May 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Mafro » Fri May 08, 2020 5:22 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

It's my main browser, never had a problem with it. Not used Firefox in years and Chrome is definitely not faultless on Mac. It's a notorious resource hog for starters.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
massimo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by massimo » Fri May 08, 2020 5:25 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

What do you find less stable? Does it crash, or do certain websites not load properly?

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Venom » Fri May 08, 2020 5:48 pm

Mafro wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

It's my main browser, never had a problem with it. Not used Firefox in years and Chrome is definitely not faultless on Mac. It's a notorious resource hog for starters.



I predominantly use Safari, it's great for storing/accessing passwords from desktop to iPhone. I always have Chrome open too, normally to play music on YouTube or for viewing websites not logged in. But Safari on Mac and iOS seems to have a problem with the PlayStation store website, cannot keep me logged in.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Errkal » Fri May 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Venom wrote:
Mafro wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

It's my main browser, never had a problem with it. Not used Firefox in years and Chrome is definitely not faultless on Mac. It's a notorious resource hog for starters.



I predominantly use Safari, it's great for storing/accessing passwords from desktop to iPhone. I always have Chrome open too, normally to play music on YouTube or for viewing websites not logged in. But Safari on Mac and iOS seems to have a problem with the PlayStation store website, cannot keep me logged in.


That sort of thing is only going to get worse. Now that Edge is Chromium based more and more sites will be built and optimised for the Chromium engine over Safari and Firefox as it’s just not worth the cost for the small % of traffic.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Mafro » Fri May 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Errkal wrote:
Venom wrote:
Mafro wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

It's my main browser, never had a problem with it. Not used Firefox in years and Chrome is definitely not faultless on Mac. It's a notorious resource hog for starters.



I predominantly use Safari, it's great for storing/accessing passwords from desktop to iPhone. I always have Chrome open too, normally to play music on YouTube or for viewing websites not logged in. But Safari on Mac and iOS seems to have a problem with the PlayStation store website, cannot keep me logged in.


That sort of thing is only going to get worse. Now that Edge is Chromium based more and more sites will be built and optimised for the Chromium engine over Safari and Firefox as it’s just not worth the cost for the small % of traffic.

Sounds like bad web standards.

The only reason I use Chrome is when I'm chromecasting something, checking compatibility for a site I'm building or using the inspector tools.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by Errkal » Fri May 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Mafro wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Venom wrote:
Mafro wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

It's my main browser, never had a problem with it. Not used Firefox in years and Chrome is definitely not faultless on Mac. It's a notorious resource hog for starters.



I predominantly use Safari, it's great for storing/accessing passwords from desktop to iPhone. I always have Chrome open too, normally to play music on YouTube or for viewing websites not logged in. But Safari on Mac and iOS seems to have a problem with the PlayStation store website, cannot keep me logged in.


That sort of thing is only going to get worse. Now that Edge is Chromium based more and more sites will be built and optimised for the Chromium engine over Safari and Firefox as it’s just not worth the cost for the small % of traffic.

Sounds like bad web standards.

The only reason I use Chrome is when I'm chromecasting something, checking compatibility for a site I'm building or using the inspector tools.


Yeah chrome has “quirks” and some companies on build for those, I can’t remember what sites but I’ve had a few where they only officially support Chrome and some big web based systems are chrome only.

As the chromium base grows more and more it will be less and less of a priority to support quantum and safari.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri May 08, 2020 7:04 pm

massimo wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

What do you find less stable? Does it crash, or do certain websites not load properly?

This! Sometimes website do not load properly or work at all. Every time I switch to Chrome or Firefox it will work fine!

User avatar
massimo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by massimo » Fri May 08, 2020 8:34 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
massimo wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

What do you find less stable? Does it crash, or do certain websites not load properly?

This! Sometimes website do not load properly or work at all. Every time I switch to Chrome or Firefox it will work fine!

Can’t say it happens that frequently if at all for me. I don’t even have other browsers to use.
Do you have any extensions? Ad blockers, that sort of thing. Could try disabling those when a website doesn’t work.
Or alternatively, try installing some. You’ll be surprised how different the experience is.
I run an ad blocker on my iPhones, iPads and macs. Also run a little pi-hole connected to my router to block all manner of gooseberry fool.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | AirPods Pros Announced
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 pm

massimo wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
massimo wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Does anyone use Safari as their default browser? I do only because I have gotten used to it on my mac but honestly it seems to be the least stable and I prefer Chrome and Firefox which seem faultless.

What do you find less stable? Does it crash, or do certain websites not load properly?

This! Sometimes website do not load properly or work at all. Every time I switch to Chrome or Firefox it will work fine!

Can’t say it happens that frequently if at all for me. I don’t even have other browsers to use.
Do you have any extensions? Ad blockers, that sort of thing. Could try disabling those when a website doesn’t work.
Or alternatively, try installing some. You’ll be surprised how different the experience is.
I run an ad blocker on my iPhones, iPads and macs. Also run a little pi-hole connected to my router to block all manner of gooseberry fool.

I am not sure perhaps I should do a full reset. One thing that annoyed me with Safari is when Im using airplay to put audio through my HomePod whilst was watching Netflix or Disney Plus on Safari the sound doesn't work well at all with lag, no sound at times etc. I know my wifi isn't good in my room but on Chrome it is much more stable.


Return to “Stuff”