Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:I don't think you can have a thread about the worst food concoctions without mentioning the travesties brought into the world by Good Mythical Morning, like the Beef Bile Cheesecake:



But they aren't "serious" foods people regularly eat and enjoy.


I do love a bit of Good Mythical Morning.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:52 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:The strawberry float is a barm?


It's short for barm cake

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Ironhide » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:The strawberry float is a barm?


It's short for barm cake


Breadcake if you're from Sheffield.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:40 pm

Bread cake?

BREAD CAKE?

Send UN Peacekeepers to Sheffield, clearly they're a failed state.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 pm

If I got a bread cake on my birthday, I'd call the NSPCC.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:If I got a bread cake on my birthday, I'd call the NSPCC.


National Society for the Preparation of Culinary Creations?

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Winckle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:22 pm

Cuttooth wrote:I forgot Laga was 'the onion guy'. :lol:

People who are so fussy as to dislike food in that manner are just mentally children as far as I am concerned.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Moggy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:41 pm

Winckle wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:I forgot Laga was 'the onion guy'. :lol:

People who are so fussy as to dislike food in that manner are just mentally children as far as I am concerned.


Children eat food they dislike because they are told to.

Adults choose what they want to eat.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Errkal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:46 am

OrangeRKN wrote:I haven't had a scotch pie in forever, thanks for reminding me they exist. Instant cravings activated


Same, used to have them all the time as kids but not seen them in the shop in ages.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Dowbocop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:31 am

Errkal wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:I haven't had a scotch pie in forever, thanks for reminding me they exist. Instant cravings activated


Same, used to have them all the time as kids but not seen them in the shop in ages.

Looking at Wikipedia I see no difference between a scotch pie and a regular pie you can buy in any branch of Tesco or a chip shop. What's special about them?

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Errkal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:46 am

Dowbocop wrote:
Errkal wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:I haven't had a scotch pie in forever, thanks for reminding me they exist. Instant cravings activated


Same, used to have them all the time as kids but not seen them in the shop in ages.

Looking at Wikipedia I see no difference between a scotch pie and a regular pie you can buy in any branch of Tesco or a chip shop. What's special about them?


It’s a different type of pastry and stuff.

Scotch Pie :
Image

Standard Pie :

Image

User avatar
Red
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Pons Aelius

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Red » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Oh. We call them rolls here. I’m not actually sure why, as I think on it. Weird thing is I’m originally from the same sort of area as Red(Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley are all pretty much next door) and have never heard of them being called a barm.


Apparently pie barm is a Wigan thing so I guess an entrepreneurial Boltonian imported the pie-in-bread idea. But I dunno about the regional thing, according to a couple of bread maps barm is north west but maybe more southerly than the 'crap towns that begin with B' axis. Roll, bap, barm, I think I've heard/used them all.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Dowbocop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 am

Errkal wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Errkal wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:I haven't had a scotch pie in forever, thanks for reminding me they exist. Instant cravings activated


Same, used to have them all the time as kids but not seen them in the shop in ages.

Looking at Wikipedia I see no difference between a scotch pie and a regular pie you can buy in any branch of Tesco or a chip shop. What's special about them?


It’s a different type of pastry and stuff.

Scotch Pie :
Image

Standard Pie :

Image

Your second image isn't working but I get what you mean, it's not shortcrust or puff lie more common pies. Is it the same pastry you get in a pork pie? It looks hard, buttery and crumbly.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Dowbocop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:07 am

Red wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Oh. We call them rolls here. I’m not actually sure why, as I think on it. Weird thing is I’m originally from the same sort of area as Red(Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley are all pretty much next door) and have never heard of them being called a barm.


Apparently pie barm is a Wigan thing so I guess an entrepreneurial Boltonian imported the pie-in-bread idea. But I dunno about the regional thing, according to a couple of bread maps barm is north west but maybe more southerly than the 'crap towns that begin with B' axis. Roll, bap, barm, I think I've heard/used them all.

I watched Wigan for a season and I'm gutted I never got in on their mad chip shop culture. Pea wet seems a bit bogging at first glance but I'd give it a go (I prefer to control the spread of watery sauces, e.g. bean juice, and not have it cover everything).

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Errkal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:46 am

Dowbocop wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Errkal wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:I haven't had a scotch pie in forever, thanks for reminding me they exist. Instant cravings activated


Same, used to have them all the time as kids but not seen them in the shop in ages.

Looking at Wikipedia I see no difference between a scotch pie and a regular pie you can buy in any branch of Tesco or a chip shop. What's special about them?


It’s a different type of pastry and stuff.

Scotch Pie :
Image

Standard Pie :

Image

Your second image isn't working but I get what you mean, it's not shortcrust or puff lie more common pies. Is it the same pastry you get in a pork pie? It looks hard, buttery and crumbly.


Yeah I think so, means you can fill that top with gravy when you cut into it flows down and in as there isn’t a sauce in the pie much like a pork pie.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Victor Mildew » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am

That top pie looks lovely. Like it would make an amazing steak and kidney or beef and stilton pie :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Eighthours » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Dual wrote:
Eighthours wrote:What have I missed about the photo in the OP? Just looks like an ice cream.


Looks like a gooseberry fool


Ah, the video hadn’t loaded for me - it was only showing the starting image!

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Dowbocop » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Errkal wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Errkal wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:I haven't had a scotch pie in forever, thanks for reminding me they exist. Instant cravings activated


Same, used to have them all the time as kids but not seen them in the shop in ages.

Looking at Wikipedia I see no difference between a scotch pie and a regular pie you can buy in any branch of Tesco or a chip shop. What's special about them?


It’s a different type of pastry and stuff.

Scotch Pie :
Image

Standard Pie :

Image

Your second image isn't working but I get what you mean, it's not shortcrust or puff lie more common pies. Is it the same pastry you get in a pork pie? It looks hard, buttery and crumbly.


Yeah I think so, means you can fill that top with gravy when you cut into it flows down and in as there isn’t a sauce in the pie much like a pork pie.

Image

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by Hime » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Winckle wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:I forgot Laga was 'the onion guy'. :lol:

People who are so fussy as to dislike food in that manner are just mentally children as far as I am concerned.

I know I've said it in here a lot but I have a really hard time with fussy eaters,. In completely intolerant. "We can't all like the same thing!". strawberry float off.

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Are deep fried chocolate bars still the worst food concoction humans have come up with?
by rinks » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:01 pm

I wouldn’t mind a scotch pie, but not filled with mutton.

Now, can we talk about babies’ heads?

Image


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chocolate-Milk, Frank, Garth, Google [Bot], Qikz, Vermilion and 273 guests