Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK3 Guidelines PG 12

Anything to do with games at all.
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by jawa4 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:(checkpoints)

I've included one in my level this time. I wanted the course to be challenging and fun but not frustrating.

Jenuall wrote:Struggling to find the time to devote to my level with the current COVID crisis getting in the way! I've made a few attempts, it's harder than I was expecting to effectively incorporate the unique 3D world elements!

I struggled at first with creating a Zelda level, but yesterday things clicked and I've become way happier about how it flows now.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by OrangeRKN » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:09 pm

So much for hardcore approach :P Sounds like it's coming along anyway!

I've submitted my level now, mainly so I can get back to animal crossing without the distraction of constantly tweaking it :lol:

Jenuall wrote:Struggling to find the time to devote to my level with the current COVID crisis getting in the way! I've made a few attempts, it's harder than I was expecting to effectively incorporate the unique 3D world elements!


Ask ad7 about the best ways to use the cat suit

I think us flowers got the better deal this week with the Zelda theme, not only do I find it more interesting but I think it gives a bit more direction too - with 3D world you have the choice of some quite disparate mechanics, I would struggle to know where to start!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Jenuall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:26 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:I think us flowers got the better deal this week with the Zelda theme, not only do I find it more interesting but I think it gives a bit more direction too - with 3D world you have the choice of some quite disparate mechanics, I would struggle to know where to start!

This has been the challenge for me really - there's a hell of a lot of stuff added in the 3D world theme and it's not easy to see how to bring some combination of things together coherently!

I am very much looking forward to what the Flower group turn out with your theme.

jawa4 wrote:I struggled at first with creating a Zelda level, but yesterday things clicked and I've become way happier about how it flows now.

Glad it's coming together for you Jawa, hopefully I'll reach that turning point soon!

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:46 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:So much for hardcore approach :P Sounds like it's coming along anyway!

I've submitted my level now, mainly so I can get back to animal crossing without the distraction of constantly tweaking it :lol:

Jenuall wrote:Struggling to find the time to devote to my level with the current COVID crisis getting in the way! I've made a few attempts, it's harder than I was expecting to effectively incorporate the unique 3D world elements!


Ask ad7 about the best ways to use the cat suit

I think us flowers got the better deal this week with the Zelda theme, not only do I find it more interesting but I think it gives a bit more direction too - with 3D world you have the choice of some quite disparate mechanics, I would struggle to know where to start!

Don't worry too much.

I'll screw you guys over in a different week. :twisted:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Karl_ » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:50 pm

I kind of feel like making a Zelda level is a little more difficult actually. :shifty: You have to take yourself into the mindset of a totally different game after all.

Still, my level is nearly done and I think I've done an OK job. Definitely looking forward to seeing all the themed levels this week!

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Yubel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:44 pm

Finally made some headway on my level today, but there's a fair bit still to apply.

Karl_ wrote:I kind of feel like making a Zelda level is a little more difficult actually. :shifty:


I would've had a much harder time with that particular theme, so contrary to Rakoon I find myself getting the more convenient deal this time - especially since I've not long since put out a Zelda level and to be completely frank, it wasn't great. :shifty:

User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Super Dragon 64 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm

I've just submitted my level. It was a lot of fun trying to create a Zelda level and it's impressive how well Link and his movesets have been implemented into Mario Maker. I found it a lot trickier than a platforming level as you need to make it more puzzle based but I hope that it's an enjoyable level.

Image
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by jawa4 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:I've just submitted my level. It was a lot of fun trying to create a Zelda level and it's impressive how well Link and his movesets have been implemented into Mario Maker...

Yeah, I'd not used the Link character before and it was fun making stuff to challenge his abilities. I'm looking forward to seeing Cheeky Dev showcase the levels!

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Yubel » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:30 pm

My level got made (by some miracle alongside AC this week) but I'm going to sleep on it tonight and submit tomorrow.

I always make a habit of underestimating how many potential flaws there are to consider, which is especially inconvenient when most tend to crop up during clear-checks.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Jenuall » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Still refining my level, might be a last minute submission at this point! :dread:

Image
User avatar
OldSoulCyborg
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by OldSoulCyborg » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Super Mario 3D World is doing my head in with its differences from the other styles, limitations in general and stupid unnecessary features. Why can Mario crawl!?

User avatar
Supachipz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Supachipz » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 pm

I put mine in last night and took a bit of a risk this week with the general themeing of the level. I definitely didn’t play test as much as I normally do because I too have been distracted by Animal Crossing :fp:

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Hey all.

Just to say I've been having some PC issues over the past week or so that have kind of escalated a little in the past day or two so I'm having to do a bit of maintenance and stuff on it today.

As such, there is a possibility I won't be able to stream this evening.

The 8pm deadline still stands for now, but I'll post if I'm not going to make the stream.

If that is the case then I'll release the levels tonight as normal and stream tomorrow night instead.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by jawa4 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:...but I'll post if I'm not going to make the stream.

If that is the case then I'll release the levels tonight as normal and stream tomorrow night instead.

Thanks for the heads-up, CD. Hopefully the prob can be resolved for tonight but, if not, maybe tomorrow night :-) .

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by OrangeRKN » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Hope you can get it sorted dev!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Qikz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:43 pm

I need to finish my level, but my joycon is drifting so I've gotta swap it over. Im running low on time, strawberry float!~

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Seem to have fixed the main issues I was having so the stream will go ahead as planned at 9pm.

I will extend the deadline to 8.30 though for those still to submit.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by jawa4 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:...the stream will go ahead as planned at 9pm....

Great stuff! See you all then :toot: .

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:21 pm

That's all the levels received!

Join me at 9pm for the Week 2 Showcase!

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Are You A Master Mario Maker 2020 - WK1 Results Stream @ 9PM - WK2 Guidelines PG 8
by Qikz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Seem to have fixed the main issues I was having so the stream will go ahead as planned at 9pm.

I will extend the deadline to 8.30 though for those still to submit.


gooseberry fool, I wish I saw this before. :lol:

I was rushing the final tests :fp:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, DarkRula, HSH28, Johnny Jalfrezi, Lagamorph, PuppetBoy, Saint of Killers, Somebody Else's Problem, Trelliz and 58 guests