Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Skarjo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:44 am

OrangeRKN wrote:The anglo-saxons are catholics, and this is Assassin's Creed, where the head of the catholic church will fist fight anyone who tries to break into the secret underground vatican basement to stop them unveiling the ancient alien apple tech that built civilisation and that now the templars want to control so that they can turn the world into a fascist dystopia (I think the timeline where the Templars win is how the franchise ties into the Tom Clancy-verse).

So just remember when you're burning down wessex farmsteads you're actually struggling for freedom and liberty.


I don't like the AC games (though this one intrigues me coz I love Vikings) but is that really the game canon??

:lol:

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by OrangeRKN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:01 am

It's roughly ACII, I don't know how things changed after that as this will be my first AC since then (other than briefly trying Origins and watching a bit more of Origins and Odyssey).

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Victor Mildew » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:03 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:Maybe Eivor is remembered as different genders at different times because he/she is trans?


Probably more that it's such a vague legend, it's not clear if it was male or female. Or, assumed to be male by default so the bloke bits are told by people who assume that, but the female bits are what was really going on.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Knoyleo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:04 am

PC specs are out, and Ubi have made them as clear as one of their pre order edition contents charts.


User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by rinks » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:11 am

Skarjo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:The anglo-saxons are catholics, and this is Assassin's Creed, where the head of the catholic church will fist fight anyone who tries to break into the secret underground vatican basement to stop them unveiling the ancient alien apple tech that built civilisation and that now the templars want to control so that they can turn the world into a fascist dystopia (I think the timeline where the Templars win is how the franchise ties into the Tom Clancy-verse).

So just remember when you're burning down wessex farmsteads you're actually struggling for freedom and liberty.


I don't like the AC games (though this one intrigues me coz I love Vikings) but is that really the game canon??

:lol:

Yep, it’s mental, and I love it.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Memento Mori » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am

Knoyleo wrote:PC specs are out, and Ubi have made them as clear as one of their pre order edition contents charts.


Slightly lower than Watch Dogs.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Skarjo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:45 am

rinks wrote:
Skarjo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:The anglo-saxons are catholics, and this is Assassin's Creed, where the head of the catholic church will fist fight anyone who tries to break into the secret underground vatican basement to stop them unveiling the ancient alien apple tech that built civilisation and that now the templars want to control so that they can turn the world into a fascist dystopia (I think the timeline where the Templars win is how the franchise ties into the Tom Clancy-verse).

So just remember when you're burning down wessex farmsteads you're actually struggling for freedom and liberty.


I don't like the AC games (though this one intrigues me coz I love Vikings) but is that really the game canon??

:lol:

Yep, it’s mental, and I love it.


:lol:

Day 1.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Memento Mori » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:19 pm

Skarjo wrote:
rinks wrote:
Skarjo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:The anglo-saxons are catholics, and this is Assassin's Creed, where the head of the catholic church will fist fight anyone who tries to break into the secret underground vatican basement to stop them unveiling the ancient alien apple tech that built civilisation and that now the templars want to control so that they can turn the world into a fascist dystopia (I think the timeline where the Templars win is how the franchise ties into the Tom Clancy-verse).

So just remember when you're burning down wessex farmsteads you're actually struggling for freedom and liberty.


I don't like the AC games (though this one intrigues me coz I love Vikings) but is that really the game canon??

:lol:

Yep, it’s mental, and I love it.


:lol:

Day 1.

Assassin's Creed has done weirder stuff than that. The Jack the Ripper DLC for Assassin's Creed Victorian Times had a playable Jack the Ripper who was dressed as the Zodiac Killer and used Scarecrow's fear gas.

User avatar
speedboatchase
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by speedboatchase » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:03 pm

The idea that a band of invaders who slaughtered men, women and children; took sex slaves; and conducted human sacrifices would have a need for an 'assassin' is just mental. They generally weren't subtle.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by rinks » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Because, as we’ve established, everything else in the series is 100% authentic.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Moggy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm

speedboatchase wrote:The idea that a band of invaders who slaughtered men, women and children; took sex slaves; and conducted human sacrifices would have a need for an 'assassin' is just mental. They generally weren't subtle.


According to Chris Abrams of The Vikings however, stealth was a weapon in a Viking’s arsenal, but usually as a unit, rather than an individual. “Viking raiders often came ashore at first light, knowing that their target village would still be asleep, or just waking up and still groggy. Sneaking in gives you the element of surprise and if you’re in quick enough, you kill and subdue without any casualties to your own side,” Abrams said, “Elements of these [stealth attacks] have been documented in various battles throughout the Viking period, where one side or another has tried to gain ground by sneaking and outflanking the other shield wall, so as to come at them from the rear.”

https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/20/asassi ... al-viking/

Image
User avatar
speedboatchase
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by speedboatchase » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Moggy wrote:
speedboatchase wrote:The idea that a band of invaders who slaughtered men, women and children; took sex slaves; and conducted human sacrifices would have a need for an 'assassin' is just mental. They generally weren't subtle.


According to Chris Abrams of The Vikings however, stealth was a weapon in a Viking’s arsenal, but usually as a unit, rather than an individual. “Viking raiders often came ashore at first light, knowing that their target village would still be asleep, or just waking up and still groggy. Sneaking in gives you the element of surprise and if you’re in quick enough, you kill and subdue without any casualties to your own side,” Abrams said, “Elements of these [stealth attacks] have been documented in various battles throughout the Viking period, where one side or another has tried to gain ground by sneaking and outflanking the other shield wall, so as to come at them from the rear.”

https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/20/asassi ... al-viking/


Ah, interesting. A little pre-pillage.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Venom » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Maybe Eivor is remembered as different genders at different times because he/she is trans?


Going beyond it being a mechanic for gamers to play as both sexes in one playthrough there could be some interesting story reasons for it.

* The memory has been damaged, misremembered or tampered with. And with the latter that then opens up new stories of what has happened might be incorrect and actually be different.
* Memories of both male and female are correct but from different split-world realities.
* Lastly, both my ruminations whilst interesting are likely incorrect.

I used to love me some AC but not that hyped for this one. I'm interested to see if besides the improvements people have fun playing it.

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by BOR » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:58 pm

It'll be one of my launch games for PS5.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by OrangeRKN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

Venom wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:Maybe Eivor is remembered as different genders at different times because he/she is trans?


Going beyond it being a mechanic for gamers to play as both sexes in one playthrough there could be some interesting story reasons for it.

* The memory has been damaged, misremembered or tampered with. And with the latter that then opens up new stories of what has happened might be incorrect and actually be different.
* Memories of both male and female are correct but from different split-world realities.
* Lastly, both my ruminations whilst interesting are likely incorrect.

I used to love me some AC but not that hyped for this one. I'm interested to see if besides the improvements people have fun playing it.


The changing protagonist sounds interesting but any plot point involving uncertain memories or whatever is going to be tempered by the choice to play through the whole game as one or the other.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by BOR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:36 pm


"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by JChalmers » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Roll on the 10th!

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by JChalmers » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 pm



Already talking about Post-Launch and the two big campaigns that are the season pass. First one is based in Ireland. Second one is based in Paris.

Also seasonale free DLC too which is cool.

Will see what the main game is like first before comitting to the season pass.

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by KingK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Stolen from the Bargains Thread.... this is available for just £44.99 for instore collections at Smyths Toys. I’ve cancelled my Amazon preorder for this instead now.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
by Photek » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:34 pm

With one of the DLC pieces set in Ireland I'm gonna have to stump up for the Special Edition or whatever because Ireland is rarely in any Video games at all, I mean Skellige in The Witcher 3 is basically a snapshot of the West and even though Erengal in PUBG is named after Ireland it looks nothing like it. :lol:

Also, it's going to have Dublin in it. :wub:

Last edited by Photek on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680

Return to “Games”