Awful adverts on TV at the moment...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Gemini73 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Fanta - Nazi Coke

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Vermilion » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:To be fair, the Nazi’s were stylish as strawberry float. ;)


Must... Resist.... No Context thread....

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:51 am

Saigon Slick wrote:Volkswagen was founded more-or-less on Hitler's command, etc.


VW was rebuilt and resurrected after WW2 by the British Army though.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:09 am

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:Volkswagen was founded more-or-less on Hitler's command, etc.


VW was rebuilt and resurrected after WW2 by the British Army though.


Of course they were, companies like VW were necessary for repairing German infrastructure and tying them to the West. The history of Nazi influence will always be there though.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Moggy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:Volkswagen was founded more-or-less on Hitler's command, etc.


VW was rebuilt and resurrected after WW2 by the British Army though.


And everyone knows the British have a spotless history.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Moggy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:06 pm



It’s not on TV (as far as I know) but this is a horrific advert for a horrific product. :dread:

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by KK » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:36 pm

I’m sure it won’t take long for other uses to be found for it.

Image
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Blue Eyes » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:40 pm

The Just Eat adverts give me AIDs every time. I hate deliberately and objectively irritating adverts the most.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Dual » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:

It’s not on TV (as far as I know) but this is a horrific advert for a horrific product. :dread:


Hurry up Iran and launch the nuke. We do not deserve life.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Ironhide » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:28 pm

The current 'u OK hun' Diet Coke ad boils my piss.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Dual wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:

It’s not on TV (as far as I know) but this is a horrific advert for a horrific product. :dread:


Hurry up Iran and launch the nuke. We do not deserve life.

Jesus Christ. The worst part of this whole "do it for the 'gram" phase of advertising is that people do actually care about it :dread: getting likes/followers etc seems to be an alarmingly genuine ambition of so many young people.

Last edited by Oblomov Boblomov on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Ironhide » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:48 pm

I Shot A Kid wrote:
Dual wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:

It’s not on TV (as far as I know) but this is a horrific advert for a horrific product. :dread:


Hurry up Iran and launch the nuke. We do not deserve life.

Jesus Christ. The worst part of this whole "do it for the 'gram" phase of advertising is that people do actually care about it :dread: getting likes/followers etc send to be an alarmingly genuine ambition of so many young people.


I don't get it either, not that I actually want to understand how people like that think (if at all).

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Tomous » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Ding Dong Merrilly on Hide wrote:
I Shot A Kid wrote:
Dual wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:

It’s not on TV (as far as I know) but this is a horrific advert for a horrific product. :dread:


Hurry up Iran and launch the nuke. We do not deserve life.

Jesus Christ. The worst part of this whole "do it for the 'gram" phase of advertising is that people do actually care about it :dread: getting likes/followers etc send to be an alarmingly genuine ambition of so many young people.


I don't get it either, not that I actually want to understand how people like that think (if at all).



People get addicted to the attention:

Neuroscientists are studying the effects of social media on the brain and finding that positive interactions (such as someone liking your tweet) trigger the same kind of chemical reaction that is caused by gambling and recreational drugs.

According to an article by Harvard University researcher Trevor Haynes, when you get a social media notification, your brain sends a chemical messenger called dopamine along a reward pathway, which makes you feel good. Dopamine is associated with food, exercise, love, sex, gambling, drugs … and now, social media. Variable reward schedules up the ante; psychologist B.F. Skinner first described this in the 1930s. When rewards are delivered randomly (as with a slot machine or a positive interaction on social media), and checking for the reward is easy, the dopamine-triggering behavior becomes a habit.

Image
User avatar
Snowcannon
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: New York

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Snowcannon » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Is that real or a parody?

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by rinks » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:33 pm

Currently consumed with loathing by the advert that features a load of British local dialect phrases. Specifically, what appears to be an American woman saying “gert lush”.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Ironhide » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:46 pm

rinks wrote:Currently consumed with loathing by the advert that features a load of British local dialect phrases. Specifically, what appears to be an American woman saying “gert lush”.


I saw that earlier and almost lost the will to live.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Anyone, American or otherwise, saying "gert lush" is enough to turn my strawberry floating stomach. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Moggy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:Anyone, American or otherwise, saying "gert lush" is enough to turn my strawberry floating stomach. :dread:


What you have written there is a hate crime against Bristolians. :x

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by OrangeRKN » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Neuroscientists are studying the effects of social media on the brain and finding that positive interactions (such as someone liking your tweet) trigger the same kind of chemical reaction that is caused by gambling and recreational drugs.

According to an article by Harvard University researcher Trevor Haynes, when you get a social media notification, your brain sends a chemical messenger called dopamine along a reward pathway, which makes you feel good. Dopamine is associated with food, exercise, love, sex, gambling, drugs … and now, social media.


"Releases the same chemical as when you gamble or take drugs!" is the non-parody version of dihydrogen monoxide

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Awful adverts on TV at the moment...
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:52 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:Anyone, American or otherwise, saying "gert lush" is enough to turn my strawberry floating stomach. :dread:


What you have written there is a hate crime against Bristolians. :x

Image

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Garth, Lex-Man, Mafro, massimo, MSN [Bot], Oblomov Boblomov, Qikz, Squinty, Tsunade, Vermilion, Wrathy and 60 guests