Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by suzzopher » Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am

What's the best price for an Xbox One X at the moment? I am going to be leaving my One S with the kids when I move out next month so would like to get myself one to beat the loneliness in the evening.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Memento Mori » Thu May 14, 2020 8:58 am

suzzopher wrote:What's the best price for an Xbox One X at the moment? I am going to be leaving my One S with the kids when I move out next month so would like to get myself one to beat the loneliness in the evening.

Amazon has a bundle with Forza for £348.

User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by suzzopher » Thu May 14, 2020 9:10 am

Memento Mori wrote:
suzzopher wrote:What's the best price for an Xbox One X at the moment? I am going to be leaving my One S with the kids when I move out next month so would like to get myself one to beat the loneliness in the evening.

Amazon has a bundle with Forza for £348.


Cool thanks :)

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Rax » Thu May 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Epic are giving away GTA V on their store. But you cant get to the store right now as its completely ovewrwhelmed so noone can actually get it. Still, something to remember for later this evening when the becomes usable maybe.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu May 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Rax wrote:Epic are giving away GTA V on their store. But you cant get to the store right now as its completely ovewrwhelmed so noone can actually get it. Still, something to remember for later this evening when the becomes usable maybe.


I'm getting HTTP 500 errors in all kinds of different languages. It's quite educational.

Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Memento Mori » Thu May 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Supposedly Epic are also giving away £10 store credit if you do manage to claim a copy of GTA.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu May 14, 2020 5:27 pm

I mean, I already have GTA5 on Steam, but having it available on an alternative storefront can't do any harm.

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by KjGarly » Thu May 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Supposedly Epic are also giving away £10 store credit if you do manage to claim a copy of GTA.


It’s like the promo they had over Christmas so isn’t tied to GTA, it was on the store front to claim the £10 voucher. Store keeps changing to different languages :slol: :slol:

Managed to claim GTA when it switched to an Arabic looking store. At least I think I did :shifty:

Image
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Knoyleo » Thu May 14, 2020 11:12 pm

The Discovery Tour modes of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins are free as stand alone downloads (they're already included in the games if you own them,) on Uplay at the moment, allowing you to explore their virtual worlds of ancient Greece and Egypt, in what Ubisoft claim is an educational feature.

Given that my biggest draw for either of those games is the setting, this seems like an absolute bargain compared to forking or full whack for a load of gameplay I'm not bothered about.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Victor Mildew » Fri May 15, 2020 9:18 am

Knoyleo wrote:The Discovery Tour modes of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins are free as stand alone downloads (they're already included in the games if you own them,) on Uplay at the moment, allowing you to explore their virtual worlds of ancient Greece and Egypt, in what Ubisoft claim is an educational feature.

Given that my biggest draw for either of those games is the setting, this seems like an absolute bargain compared to forking or full whack for a load of gameplay I'm not bothered about.


This is fantastic, the setting of Egypt was stunningly realised, but I sold the game. So I'll be getting on this to revisit :wub:

GTA V is easily available on epicgames now, plus you get £10 credit.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Memento Mori » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

They're giving away £10 credit whenever you buy something which should be £14 or more before discount.

Used my £10 credit from GTA V to buy Control for £13.99. Got another £10 credit to buy Control's season pass for £9.99. Don't know what to use my next £10 on.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by ITSMILNER » Fri May 15, 2020 1:16 pm

Lego Ninjago The Video Game is currently free to download on Xbox One (PS4 as well but you may need a US account)

This freebie lasts 24 hours

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Saint of Killers » Fri May 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Please spend one of your Epic £10 vouchers on Hades. Thank you.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by rinks » Fri May 15, 2020 3:17 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Lego Ninjago The Video Game is currently free to download on Xbox One (PS4 as well but you may need a US account)

This freebie lasts 24 hours


Now available until 21 May.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Ironhide » Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Memento Mori wrote:They're giving away £10 credit whenever you buy something which should be £14 or more before discount.

Used my £10 credit from GTA V to buy Control for £13.99. Got another £10 credit to buy Control's season pass for £9.99. Don't know what to use my next £10 on.


You can actually get your first £10 voucher without buying anything.

Think I might use it towards Snow Runner.

Edit: got Snow Runner for £24.99 then used the voucher from that to get Before we leave for £5.99.

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Trelliz » Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm

I'm tempted by journey to the savage planet for £4 or so with that, it's apparently quite funny and relatively straightforward and not that long, despite looking like one of those soul-sucking open world survival games with crafting and RPG elements.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Saint of Killers » Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 pm

rinks wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Lego Ninjago The Video Game is currently free to download on Xbox One (PS4 as well but you may need a US account)

This freebie lasts 24 hours


Now available until 21 May.


On UK PSN, as well.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Lagamorph » Sat May 16, 2020 12:33 am

Deleted tweet supposedly showing upcoming free games on Epic Games Store
Image

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by CuriousOyster » Wed May 20, 2020 10:34 pm

NBA 2K20 is £2.49 om Switch and XB1, £3.99 PS4 until end if tomorrow on stores

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu May 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Deleted tweet supposedly showing upcoming free games on Epic Games Store
Image


As if by magic, Civ 6 is now free on EGS. Store is getting hammered again though.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests