Page 226 of 230

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:39 pm
by rinks
kerr9000 wrote:If your into the Wii U and have a Game near you it might be worth a look, I'm on holiday at the coast and went in one here and got Star Fox Zero, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and New Super Mario Bros U for £2.99 each preowned, my local wasn't like that Friday when I checked after work.

Also need to give props to my girlfriend as before I could pay she had pushed in and paid telling me its cause I deserve it


I’m wilfully misreading her behaviour as archly passive-sarcastic.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:41 pm
by Lagamorph
£2.99 is way too much for Star Fox Zero.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 am
by Squinty
Star Fox Zero was awful.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 am
by Moggy
rinks wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:If your into the Wii U and have a Game near you it might be worth a look, I'm on holiday at the coast and went in one here and got Star Fox Zero, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and New Super Mario Bros U for £2.99 each preowned, my local wasn't like that Friday when I checked after work.

Also need to give props to my girlfriend as before I could pay she had pushed in and paid telling me its cause I deserve it


I’m wilfully misreading her behaviour as archly passive-sarcastic.


:lol:

I read it as her thinking "this'll get him out of my way for at least a few hours!"

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:42 am
by ITSMILNER
Moggy wrote:
rinks wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:If your into the Wii U and have a Game near you it might be worth a look, I'm on holiday at the coast and went in one here and got Star Fox Zero, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and New Super Mario Bros U for £2.99 each preowned, my local wasn't like that Friday when I checked after work.

Also need to give props to my girlfriend as before I could pay she had pushed in and paid telling me its cause I deserve it


I’m wilfully misreading her behaviour as archly passive-sarcastic.


:lol:

I read it as her thinking "this'll get him out of my way for at least a few hours!"


That’ll backfire once he tries Star Fox Zero :shifty:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am
by Tafdolphin
Tafdolphin wrote:Alpha Protocol is coming off Steam due to rights issues (no doubt to do with Microsoft buying Obsidian). If you haven't played it, it'll remain playable/downloadable on Steam if you've bought it and it's available for £2.50 below:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/alpha-p ... ey--1551-1

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 am
by Zellery
Tafdolphin wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Alpha Protocol is coming off Steam due to rights issues (no doubt to do with Microsoft buying Obsidian). If you haven't played it, it'll remain playable/downloadable on Steam if you've bought it and it's available for £2.50 below:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/alpha-p ... ey--1551-1

That's a weird one. Especially as MS have just announced that they'll be selling a lot of their PC games on other platforms going forward.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:26 pm
by Lagamorph
Zellery wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Alpha Protocol is coming off Steam due to rights issues (no doubt to do with Microsoft buying Obsidian). If you haven't played it, it'll remain playable/downloadable on Steam if you've bought it and it's available for £2.50 below:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/alpha-p ... ey--1551-1

That's a weird one. Especially as MS have just announced that they'll be selling a lot of their PC games on other platforms going forward.

Sega own the IP for Alpha Protocol I think.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:26 pm
by Tafdolphin
Lagamorph wrote:
Zellery wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Alpha Protocol is coming off Steam due to rights issues (no doubt to do with Microsoft buying Obsidian). If you haven't played it, it'll remain playable/downloadable on Steam if you've bought it and it's available for £2.50 below:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/alpha-p ... ey--1551-1

That's a weird one. Especially as MS have just announced that they'll be selling a lot of their PC games on other platforms going forward.

Sega own the IP for Alpha Protocol I think.


They do.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:50 pm
by Squinty
Alpha Protocol is quite good. A little rough around the edges, it gets better the more time you put into it. Your character is awful in terms of abilities at the start.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:36 pm
by kerr9000
I found it to pretty much be mass effect modern day spy edition and absolutely loved it

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 pm
by Tafdolphin
Oh man it's so much better than Mass Effect. I remember the first time I played through I ended up absolutely despising one of the villains. Turns out he was only a villain because of some of the decisions I'd made: it's completely possible to befriend him and even have him as an ally.

The amount to which your decisions affect the game are mind boggling, and something that's never been improved on.

Also, it appears it's the music rights, of all things, that's getting it delisted:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/20 ... e-on-steam

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:53 am
by KK
Sonic Team Racing is £26.99 on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4 at GAME: https://www.game.co.uk/en/team-sonic-racing-2382260

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:46 pm
by rinks
KK wrote:Sonic Team Racing is £26.99 on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4 at GAME: https://www.game.co.uk/en/team-sonic-racing-2382260

And predictably, Amazon have matched/undercut. £26.95 on Switch, £24.99 on the other two.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:27 am
by jawafour
Xbox One X console with Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7 and Apex Legends Founders Pack is £295.20 at AO using the checkout code PURE20.

Nintendo Switch console (red/blue) with Super Mario Odyssey is £247.20 at AO using the checkout code PURE20.

Check Eurogamer for more details.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:03 pm
by Lagamorph
jawafour wrote: Xbox One X console with Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7 and Apex Legends Founders Pack is £295.20 at AO using the checkout code PURE20.

Nintendo Switch console (red/blue) with Super Mario Odyssey is £247.20 at AO using the checkout code PURE20.

Check Eurogamer for more details.


Paging to the thread,
jezhumphrey75 wrote:anybody have a clue\idea when we can be expecting some decent console deals, my one s has given up (update limbo) and I can't see anything decent 1x are still 350ish and 1s 200ish with carp freebies.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm
by KK
The official Nintendo shop are offering Super Mario Maker 2 Steelbook, Pad, Pencil, SMM2-themed stylus and a 12 month Nintendo Switch Online Pass for £59.99: https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-s ... 03796.html. It's out Friday.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 pm
by Clarkman

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:55 am
by Chocolate-Milk
Does anyone know if that Xbox Gamepass deal is still on? The £1 one that upgraded whatever remaining Live subscription you had?

One of my workmates is selling me his One X next week and I need gooseberry fool to play.

Re: Bargain Alerts: What Are You Buying?

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:14 am
by rinks
Chocolate-Milk wrote:Does anyone know if that Xbox Gamepass deal is still on? The £1 one that upgraded whatever remaining Live subscription you had?

One of my workmates is selling me his One X next week and I need gooseberry fool to play.

That’s unfortunate timing. The deal finished at the end of June.