Battlestar Galactica - Reboot Coming to 'Peacock' p28

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlestar Galactica - Reboot Coming to 'Peacock' p28
by Moggy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Skarjo wrote:IIRC, the ending also caused a lot of holes. Like prominent music used during the show being from modern times.

I think it used ‘All Along the Watchtower’ a lot, which doesn’t really work if they’re the start of human life on Earth.


It doesn’t make sense that Luke Skywalker spoke English either. ;)

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlestar Galactica - Reboot Coming to 'Peacock' p28
by Skarjo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Moggy wrote:
Skarjo wrote:IIRC, the ending also caused a lot of holes. Like prominent music used during the show being from modern times.

I think it used ‘All Along the Watchtower’ a lot, which doesn’t really work if they’re the start of human life on Earth.


It doesn’t make sense that Luke Skywalker spoke English either. ;)


Maybe Rey teaches it to the cavemen?

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Battlestar Galactica - Reboot Coming to 'Peacock' p28
by Lagamorph » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Skarjo wrote:
Moggy wrote:I really don't get the hate of the ending of BG.


It was kinda gooseberry fool. It's been done to death so often that it's the sci-fi equivalent of finding out it was all a dream


Well yeah it's been done before (the original did a similar thing) and I am not saying it was perfect, but the level of hate it gets is weird.

The original didn't really have a proper ending, but what it did have was nothing like the remake.
In the original they found an inhabited 1980s Earth with a human population descended from the 13th Colony that had forgotten its origins. Their intention was to start increasing the rate of technological advancement on Earth so that the fleet could then make itself known and integrate into their society.

That's basically the opposite of what happened in the remake ending where technology was abandoned altogether and they just settled down as practically cavemen.


The 80's version sounds a lot better imo.

Conceptually it definitely was.
Unfortunately the show suffered from a lot of problems at that point.
Much of the main cast left, the budget was slashed and they decided to aim the show more at children.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlestar Galactica - Reboot Coming to 'Peacock' p28
by Moggy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Skarjo wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Skarjo wrote:IIRC, the ending also caused a lot of holes. Like prominent music used during the show being from modern times.

I think it used ‘All Along the Watchtower’ a lot, which doesn’t really work if they’re the start of human life on Earth.


It doesn’t make sense that Luke Skywalker spoke English either. ;)


Maybe Rey teaches it to the cavemen?


She’ll be too busy strawberry floating the Emperor.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlestar Galactica - Reboot Coming to 'Peacock' p28
by Skarjo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Moggy wrote:
Skarjo wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Skarjo wrote:IIRC, the ending also caused a lot of holes. Like prominent music used during the show being from modern times.

I think it used ‘All Along the Watchtower’ a lot, which doesn’t really work if they’re the start of human life on Earth.


It doesn’t make sense that Luke Skywalker spoke English either. ;)


Maybe Rey teaches it to the cavemen?


She’ll be too busy strawberry floating the Emperor.


At least someone read my novel.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], Photek, Snowcannon and 53 guests