Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am

I'm not bothered about DOOM tho

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by jawafour » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 am

Tafdolphin wrote:...And that's all I have to say. You're not going to agree, I'm not going to agree with your disagreeing so let's just say DOOM looked great and leave it at that.

I know I should just walk away, Taf, but you come out with a line like "warping facts and lying out of his arse about 76" and I just don't see how that is an accurate representation of what the guy said last night. It might well be valid for the launch period, but now... and in that presentation? No. It was not presented in that way and, for those folk who didn't watch the show, I'd suggest taking a look and building your own view.

User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by LewisD » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 am

OrangeRKN wrote:I'm not bothered about DOOM tho


Image

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:33 am

It's just like a bad COD innit

(I find the setting/aesthetic just... unappealing. I'm also enjoy taking a methodical plan everything approach to combat while DOOM is all about diving in guns blazing)

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 am

jawafour wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:...And that's all I have to say. You're not going to agree, I'm not going to agree with your disagreeing so let's just say DOOM looked great and leave it at that.

I know I should just walk away, Taf, but you come out with a line like "warping facts and lying out of his arse about 76" and I just don't see how that is an accurate representation of what the guy said last night. It might well be valid for the launch period, but now... and in that presentation? No. It was not presented in that way and, for those folk who didn't watch the show, I'd suggest taking a look and building your own view.


I disagree.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Yikes
Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by Tomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 pm

I really liked the loop of Deathloop-interesting concept and settling as well as looking very stylish.

Shame it was a CGI trailer only but one to keep an eye on.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:54 pm




Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Yikes
Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by Mafro » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Tbf what they showed off actually made me want to give it a try :shifty: Looks like it could be quite fun now.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Mafro wrote:Tbf what they showed off actually made me want to give it a try :shifty: Looks like it could be quite fun now.


Compared to launch there have been a few significant QOL updates and a lot of bug fixes, but performance is still ropey and with every bit of new content they seem to introduce new bugginess also, so it's far from "fixed" in that respect. Obviously I would recommend it, but I wouldn't say the game is significantly different from launch. The new content has added stuff and for the better, but the upcoming Wastelanders looks like the first fundamental change to the game.

Obviously the Battle Royale mode is all new and significantly different to what the game has offered so far.

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Bethesda @ E3 2019 - 1:30am Monday
by Rubix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Have they paid people to scream and shout??

Also CGi much?

PLAY | PS4: Ni No Kuni II | PSVR Everybody’s Golf VR | Switch Nothing
WATCH | GOT S3, Angel S3, Taskmaster S8
READ | Sword of Destiny - Andrzej Sapkowski

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, Cuttooth, Errkal, Frank, KjGarly, more heat than light, Saint of Killers, suzzopher and 57 guests