Fallout 76 is the score it wishes it had on metacritic

Anything to do with games at all.
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Gemini73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Turns out the hacking claims were valid.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... fix-issues

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:35 pm

I will be surprised if Fallout 76 is different to any other online MMO in terms of how the developer approaches hacking prevention. People will try, and the developer will close down the appropriate loopholes.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by OrangeRKN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:00 pm

I'll be playing on PS4 so hopefully consoleness will shield me from the worst of the hacking etc.

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Gemini73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:03 pm

jawafour wrote:I will be surprised if Fallout 76 is different to any other online MMO in terms of how the developer approaches hacking prevention. People will try, and the developer will close down the appropriate loopholes.


You would think, but it does raise an eyebrow when a developer denys there's a problem with hacking at all, then acknowledges on the same day that there is a problem with hacking with a release just over a week away. Can't see how that can fill anyone with confidence in their product.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Gemini73 wrote:...Can't see how that can fill anyone with confidence in their product.

Maybe. TBH, I just look at Bethesda's catalogue of games that have appealed to me such as Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Prey, Doom and Dishonored and I'm inclined to think they're gonna support the game on an on-going basis. That's good enough for me.

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Gemini73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:39 pm

jawafour wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:...Can't see how that can fill anyone with confidence in their product.

Maybe. TBH, I just look at Bethesda's catalogue of games that have appealed to me such as Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Prey, Doom and Dishonored and I'm inclined to think they're gonna support the game on an on-going basis. That's good enough for me.


And going on those games you've listed I agree and with time Fallout 76 could become something special, but you have to admit it's not been the greatest of starts.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Gemini73 wrote:...with time Fallout 76 could become something special...

Yeah, I posted a similar line earlier:
jawafour wrote:...based upon most views shared so far I expect the general reception to be "mediocre"; I would not be surprised to see lots of [5]s. If anyone is jumping on board right from the off then I think they'll be doing it for the potential rather than as things stand now. As an online game, development and changes are going to be on-going...


Gemini73 wrote:...but you have to admit it's not been the greatest of starts.

Well, yes, these Beta test periods have identfied some areas for improvement.

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Gemini73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:00 pm

jawafour wrote:

Gemini73 wrote:...but you have to admit it's not been the greatest of starts.

Well, yes, these Beta test periods have identfied some areas for improvement.


And then some.

My stance, based on what we've seen and what we know, is there are clearly much better games, indeed survival based MMOs, to play right now than Fallout 76 in it's current state.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 pm

My main aim, tbh, is to rail against shitposting in the thread. There has been a lot of it; mainly by folk who aren't interested in the game and will not be playing it.

We've got the picture by now. It's not Fallout 5. You don't like it. You won't be playing it. Please go and post in threads for games that you're excited about rather than someting that you have no interest in.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Tafdolphin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Criticising an upcoming game =/= shitposting.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Repeatedly posting "bad" stuff about a game you're not really interested in = shitposting.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Tafdolphin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:01 pm

How so, if said bad things are a large part of the accepted critical response? Again, are we to ignore such things? Would they have been more acceptable had someone else posted them?

What criteria are you using here for shitposting?

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Gemini73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:09 pm

jawafour wrote:My main aim, tbh, is to rail against shitposting in the thread. There has been a lot of it; mainly by folk who aren't interested in the game and will not be playing it.

We've got the picture by now. It's not Fallout 5. You don't like it. You won't be playing it. Please go and post in threads for games that you're excited about rather than someting that you have no interest in.


Steady on, Jawa. I'm a Fallout fan and I'm also a fan of survival MMOs, I've as much right to post in this thread as anyone else, including you, and I've every right to express my disappointment in what I've so far seen in regards to Fallout 76.

Seriously getting sick and tired of some people throwing their weight around GRcade like they own the strawberry floating place.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Gemini73 wrote:..Seriously getting sick and tired of some people throwing their weight around GRcade like they own the strawberry floating place.

Well, that makes two of us. I'm sick and tired of some people stamping on things just for the sake of it, like they don't give a crap about the place.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Tafdolphin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 pm

You're not the forum police jawa, as much as I understand that want.

Some people are not enthused about this game. Expressing that is not forbidden, nor is it shitposting because you don't agree with it.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Gemini73 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 pm

Ah, it's been a ghastly couple of weeks on here for me.

Some of it my fault, some of it not..

The thread is all yours, jawa. You can pretend Fallout 76 is the best game ever made until you're blue in the face and I won't be here to challenge it. Life is too damn short.

Last edited by Gemini73 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:You're not the forum police jawa, as much as I understand that want.

Some people are not enthused about this game. Expressing that is not forbidden, nor is it shitposting because you don't agree with it.

Taf, any forum member has the power to call out something they think isn't on. You guys have been very, very clear that you don't like the game and won't be playing it. That is totally reasonable. You're fine, of course, to say so. Which you have.

But... why keep on posting that? I class that as shitposting. What point is there in carrying on posting stuff about a game you don't like and won't be playing?

Gemini73 wrote:...You can pretend Fallout 76 is the best game ever made until you're blue in the face and I won't be here to challenge it. Life is too damn short. I'm outta here.

No way. Don't try and pin your decision to leave on me just 'cos I've called you out on this point.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Tafdolphin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:28 pm

I had no intention in coming back here until you called me out again.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by jawafour » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I had no intention in coming back here until you called me out again.

You've "won", Taf. I have gotten annoyed about your posts. Well played. You've brought me down to your level.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fallout '76 Announced
by Tafdolphin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm

What level is that?

You've been acting like Photek in an MS thread in here, although in a slightly subtler manner. You've been dismissing the largely negative impressions and calling out people posting them as shitposters. You've downplayed every report of the game being a bug ridden mess. As annoying as you're finding my posts, believe me the feeling is mutual.

Anyway this is futile. I'll be back when the 7s start rolling in.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CitizenErased, Dig Dug, DrPepperMan, Godzilla, kerr9000, lex-man, OldSoulCyborg, Rapidly-Greying, Tafdolphin and 69 guests