Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Finale out now. Renewed for a final 6th season.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Jenuall » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:16 pm

I think we're still about 3 or 4 years pre-BB at this point, they need to speed up if they're going to catch up by the end of next season!

Image
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by FatDaz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:26 am

It’s hard to work out the exact time line and the age of Kaylee seems to mess with any continuity.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Jenuall » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:54 am

I think the general consensus from people who try to work these things out is that we are somewhere around early 2004 in BCS now. BB starts in 2008 so there's definitely a bit of a gap they still need to fill if they were going to catch up or even overlap before the end.

Image
User avatar
Snowcannon
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: New York

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Snowcannon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:19 am

strawberry float me that episode was incredible

Pretty sure that wasn’t Kim, but I was bricking it for a while though. In any case this episode is VERY bad news for Kim and basically confirms that there’s a bad ending for her at this point

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Photek » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Snowcannon wrote:strawberry float me that episode was incredible

Pretty sure that wasn’t Kim, but I was bricking it for a while though. In any case this episode is VERY bad news for Kim and basically confirms that there’s a bad ending for her at this point


Pretty sure who wasn’t Kim?

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
absolutely not, stop asking this
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by absolutely not, stop asking this » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 pm

Best episode since "I broke my boy" in S1

strawberry float

Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Barnsy! » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Wow what an episode :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

The Netflix still photo you have to click on to start the episode was such a spoiler though

Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Barnsy! » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Photek wrote:
Snowcannon wrote:strawberry float me that episode was incredible

Pretty sure that wasn’t Kim, but I was bricking it for a while though. In any case this episode is VERY bad news for Kim and basically confirms that there’s a bad ending for her at this point


Pretty sure who wasn’t Kim?


Presumably they mean
the person driving the car. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be - good spot though - I didn't even consider it might be anyone other than the one surviver from the shoot-out. Nacho is probably a more likely candidate than Kim if anyone

User avatar
absolutely not, stop asking this
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by absolutely not, stop asking this » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 pm

Wasn't it the same car as the one that got away from the initial shootout? I never even considered it being anybody else so that tension was completely lost on me.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Photek » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Why/how exactly would Nacho or Kim end up in the guy who got aways truck? It’s red with a white stripe I’m dumbfounded why anyone would think it’s anyone other than the guy searching for them...
:?:

Last edited by Photek on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Barnsy! » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Kim is 'in the game' now. Lalo knows who she is and he knows she knows who he is. Lalo has someone as leavage against Saul if he ever needs it. Saul has to explain how he got himself out of that shoot out (will he mention Mike).

I personally don't believe Kim will dies as many speculate. But I think this could be the start of her undoing

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Moggy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:41 am

Utterly incredible episode. This show is just so damn good.

I never thought that it was anybody else in the car. What surprised me was that the car was trashed, I thought they’d kill the guy and then use his car to get out of the desert.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Victor Mildew » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:47 am

Moggy wrote:Utterly incredible episode. This show is just so damn good.

I never thought that it was anybody else in the car. What surprised me was that the car was trashed, I thought they’d kill the guy and then use his car to get out of the desert.


You were supposed to think they would use it. It's the classic of you thinking you know where the show is going, but nope :lol:

When Kim went to see that guy in prison :dread: Oh no baby girl what you doing. As Mike said, she's in it now. I noticed he thinks her name is Goodman, when it's probably McGill if she's taken his name. I can see her having to vanish vacuum style, and Saul meeting up with her in the post BB bits. It would be a good way to explain why we never hear about her in BB. Also that scene when you see him smashing the wall in his BB office and takes a box out - maybe that was into on where she is.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Moggy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:53 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
Moggy wrote:Utterly incredible episode. This show is just so damn good.

I never thought that it was anybody else in the car. What surprised me was that the car was trashed, I thought they’d kill the guy and then use his car to get out of the desert.


You were supposed to think they would use it. It's the classic of you thinking you know where the show is going, but nope :lol:

When Kim went to see that guy in prison :dread: Oh no baby girl what you doing. As Mike said, she's in it now. I noticed he thinks her name is Goodman, when it's probably McGill if she's taken his name. I can see her having to vanish vacuum style, and Saul meeting up with her in the post BB bits. It would be a good way to explain why we never hear about her in BB. Also that scene when you see him smashing the wall in his BB office and takes a box out - maybe that was into on where she is.


I’m pretty sure she didn’t take any of his names.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Jenuall » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:44 am

Yep another brilliant episode, for me that was probably the best they've done since Chicanery in season 3.

Some of the direction and the general look of this episode was fantastic, no surprise to see that it was a Vince Gilligan directed episode.

As with others I fully assume that the car was driven by the guy who escaped the gun fight, I don't think there is really any other possibility.

Lalo is not going to be happy that Kim knows about him, things are not going to end well for her - a vacuum disappearance is the best outcome for her at this point. :cry:

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Photek » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:10 am

Jenuall wrote:Yep another brilliant episode, for me that was probably the best they've done since Chicanery in season 3.

Some of the direction and the general look of this episode was fantastic, no surprise to see that it was a Vince Gilligan directed episode.

As with others I fully assume that the car was driven by the guy who escaped the gun fight, I don't think there is really any other possibility.

Lalo is not going to be happy that Kim knows about him, things are not going to end well for her - a vacuum disappearance is the best outcome for her at this point. :cry:


If Kim dies I'm really not sure how the show could parse the effect that would have on jimmy with how he appears in BB. I know he compartmentalizes his life but that would take far too much of a mental strain on him to continue to be upbeat and make commercials as he does in BB. She either leaves him or goes into some sort of witness protection program asking him to come with and he can't leave the 'life'.

Last edited by Photek on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Barnsy! » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:10 am

As well as pissing off Lalo. Kim will also be on Gus' radar through Mike now.

Top 3 episode out of the whole of BB and BCS for me :wub:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Moggy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 am

Barnsy! wrote:As well as pissing off Lalo. Kim will be on Gus' radar through Mike now.

Top 3 episode out of the whole of BB and BCS for me


Good point, I had overlooked the Mike and Saul chat.

It seems likely that Kim will vacuum vanish, there’s not really a way out for her now that leaves her living a normal life.

Image
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by LewisD » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 am

I started watching Breaking Bad from the beginning again last night. Hooked straight off the bat again :wub:

Lacks the visual polish of BCS though, but that's to be expected with the time between them.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Tuesdays on Netflix. Renewed for a final 6th season.
by Jenuall » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:18 am

Photek wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Yep another brilliant episode, for me that was probably the best they've done since Chicanery in season 3.

Some of the direction and the general look of this episode was fantastic, no surprise to see that it was a Vince Gilligan directed episode.

As with others I fully assume that the car was driven by the guy who escaped the gun fight, I don't think there is really any other possibility.

Lalo is not going to be happy that Kim knows about him, things are not going to end well for her - a vacuum disappearance is the best outcome for her at this point. :cry:


If Kim dies I'm really not sure how the show could parse the effect that would have on jimmy with how he appears in BB. I know he compartmentalizes his life but that would take far too much of a mental strain on him to continue to be upbeat and make commercials as he does in BB. She either leaves him or goes into some sort of witness protection program asking him to come with and he can't leave the 'life'.

Oh yeah I agree

Kim dying would be very hard to square with the future we know. Vacuum disappearance seems most likely at this point, or some other way of keeping her alive but separate from Jimmy. Although he is now well, well down the road to being the Saul we know from BB it still feels like there has to be at least 1 more major event that makes him fully embrace that new persona and losing contact with Kim may well be that.

Thinking about it more it's really tragic that Kim has kind of brought this on herself. She demanded Jimmy be honest with her and that resulted in him going against his own judgement to open up about becoming a "friend to the cartel". If she hadn't made that request of him to be open then she would still be in the dark and have much more chance of remaining safe.


LewisD wrote:I started watching Breaking Bad from the beginning again last night. Hooked straight off the bat again :wub:

Lacks the visual polish of BCS though, but that's to be expected with the time between them.

BB was a great looking show for it's time but yeah the earlier seasons aren't quite at the same level. By the end though I'd say that BB is just as much a master class visually as BCS has been.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth, Lime and 180 guests