Boomerang

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Boomerang
by Cumberdanes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:58 pm

What's everybody's track record with getting new releases from these guys. I never managed it when I was first a member and now that I've signed up again I timed sending a game back perfectly to coincide with Evil Within 2 coming out then pushed it to the top of my queue so was hoping they'd send it out to me today but nope I'm getting Lego Force Awakens instead.

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Saint of Killers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:49 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:What's everybody's track record with getting new releases from these guys. I never managed it when I was first a member and now that I've signed up again I timed sending a game back perfectly to coincide with Evil Within 2 coming out then pushed it to the top of my queue so was hoping they'd send it out to me today but nope I'm getting Lego Force Awakens instead.


Excellent. As long as I have my most wanted games (and nothing else) in my list and have it in there as close to the moment as they go up on the site. So your chances of being sent the latest games upon release dwindle the later you add them to your list. Something else which I am guessing matters is the level of your membership. I dunno if they state it outright, but to me it makes sense that if there are 2 people after the same game, and one of the 2 is paying for a pricier sub, then chances are they're the one that's going to get it ahead of the one paying for the lower tier sub. The last big game I didn't get on release was Persona 5 (though I am pretty sure I was partly to blame for that as I had it on my list for ages and then removed it close to release only to add it back soon after), but I fully expect to receive South Park: TFBW and Wolfenstein II: TNC upon release because of what I have stated above about adding 'em in asap.

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Boomerang
by Cumberdanes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 pm

They do state that you take preference for new releases if you have a priority account. I have a pretty big rental list so I've got plenty to play and it’s not a huge issue I was just hoping for a new release for a change.

Image

Image
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Slayerx » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:What's everybody's track record with getting new releases from these guys. I never managed it when I was first a member and now that I've signed up again I timed sending a game back perfectly to coincide with Evil Within 2 coming out then pushed it to the top of my queue so was hoping they'd send it out to me today but nope I'm getting Lego Force Awakens instead.


Excellent. As long as I have my most wanted games (and nothing else) in my list and have it in there as close to the moment as they go up on the site. So your chances of being sent the latest games upon release dwindle the later you add them to your list. Something else which I am guessing matters is the level of your membership. I dunno if they state it outright, but to me it makes sense that if there are 2 people after the same game, and one of the 2 is paying for a pricier sub, then chances are they're the one that's going to get it ahead of the one paying for the lower tier sub. The last big game I didn't get on release was Persona 5 (though I am pretty sure I was partly to blame for that as I had it on my list for ages and then removed it close to release only to add it back soon after), but I fully expect to receive South Park: TFBW and Wolfenstein II: TNC upon release because of what I have stated above about adding 'em in asap.


I do the same If I want a new release I leave only the game I want on my list.

User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Boomerang
by Cumberdanes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Slayerx wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:What's everybody's track record with getting new releases from these guys. I never managed it when I was first a member and now that I've signed up again I timed sending a game back perfectly to coincide with Evil Within 2 coming out then pushed it to the top of my queue so was hoping they'd send it out to me today but nope I'm getting Lego Force Awakens instead.


Excellent. As long as I have my most wanted games (and nothing else) in my list and have it in there as close to the moment as they go up on the site. So your chances of being sent the latest games upon release dwindle the later you add them to your list. Something else which I am guessing matters is the level of your membership. I dunno if they state it outright, but to me it makes sense that if there are 2 people after the same game, and one of the 2 is paying for a pricier sub, then chances are they're the one that's going to get it ahead of the one paying for the lower tier sub. The last big game I didn't get on release was Persona 5 (though I am pretty sure I was partly to blame for that as I had it on my list for ages and then removed it close to release only to add it back soon after), but I fully expect to receive South Park: TFBW and Wolfenstein II: TNC upon release because of what I have stated above about adding 'em in asap.


I do the same If I want a new release I leave only the game I want on my list.


I wish they'd employ a multi list system like LoveFilm had where you could choose which list you wanted them to send titles from. With LoveFilm I had a pretty good run of getting exactly what I wanted.

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Saint of Killers » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 am

:toot: SP: Fractured But Whole GET.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Saint of Killers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:18 pm

:toot: And now Wolfenstein II The New Colossus is on its way to me.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Saint of Killers » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am

We have just despatched Call of Duty WWII.

Only bothering with it because it's a return to its roots. That and oldey timey weapons > futuristic gooseberry fool.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Saint of Killers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 am

That feeling when all your first choices are on medium to long wait and so you add a game which is in stock only for the dispatch email to inform you you're being sent one of your first choices instead :wub: :wub: :wub: Now to see if Assassin's Creed Origin is worth all that.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Boomerang
by Lagamorph » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:20 pm

So I just logged onto Boomerang for the first time in absolutely ages and....to my surprise my account still shows as active? Apparently I'm on the £9.99/month Unlimited package for 1 game at a time.

The thing is...I haven't been charged for it in at least a year. My rental list is empty, as I emptied it when I thought I was cancelling my account, but uh...guess I'll try adding a game and seeing what happens.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Peter Crisp » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:31 pm

May as well.
Maybe give Borderlands 3 a try?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Boomerang
by Lagamorph » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:38 pm

I just added Control for Xbox One as it said 0-3 day wait time, so we'll see if anything happens.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Peter Crisp » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Good luck :D .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Boomerang
by Cumberdanes » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:01 am

Lagamorph wrote:So I just logged onto Boomerang for the first time in absolutely ages and....to my surprise my account still shows as active? Apparently I'm on the £9.99/month Unlimited package for 1 game at a time.

The thing is...I haven't been charged for it in at least a year. My rental list is empty, as I emptied it when I thought I was cancelling my account, but uh...guess I'll try adding a game and seeing what happens.


I’m in a similar position. I’ve had the same two games for ages (Uncharted Collection and Last Guardian) but they stopped charging me months ago. I’m scared to send them back in case they suddenly charge me for multiple months in one go.

Image

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Boomerang
by Lagamorph » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Just had an email that Control has been dispatched.
My account still shows the last payment date as July 2017 :slol:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Boomerang
by Venom » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Just had an email that Control has been dispatched.
My account still shows the last payment date as July 2017 :slol:



Good stuff! Are your card details still on your account? If it is, they initiate a new payment from it.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Boomerang
by Lagamorph » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Venom wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Just had an email that Control has been dispatched.
My account still shows the last payment date as July 2017 :slol:



Good stuff! Are your card details still on your account? If it is, they initiate a new payment from it.

No idea to be honest.
When you go to the update payment details it seems to just let you put in new card details rather than showing the last 4 digits of your currently registered card.

I've checked both of my credit cards though and no transactions (Pending or otherwise) are showing from them or even for the amount.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Boomerang
by Lagamorph » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Well I received Control today, but only after dispatching the game have they noticed they hadn't ever charged me and have suspended my account :slol:

Ah well, guess I'll play fair and update my payment details.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Saint of Killers » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:38 am

Re-activated my account a few days ago (priority 1) in the hopes of nabbing a copy of TLoU2. TLoU2 dispatched 8-)

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boomerang
by Buffalo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Nice one. I’m still with them after all these years but my list is empty - damn COVID and lots of free time :x


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Bing [Bot], Chocolate-Milk, DayumChris, Fade, kerr9000 and 70 guests