The Breaking Bad Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Fatal Exception » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:22 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
satriales wrote:
Gario wrote:todd told jesse the batch was 96 percent but he told lydia it was 92?

also why would walt not turn himself in after seeing the gm interview?


There was a time jump between the 92% and 96% batches.

Walt sees Gretchen and Elliot telling the whole world that he had contributed nothing. He isn't best pleased about that and decides he isn't ready to turn himself in yet.


Indeed. There's still work to be done. 8-)


I'm guessing he's going to try to link his Meth empire to Grey Matter.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
Shadow
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Shadow » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
satriales wrote:
Gario wrote:todd told jesse the batch was 96 percent but he told lydia it was 92?

also why would walt not turn himself in after seeing the gm interview?


There was a time jump between the 92% and 96% batches.

Walt sees Gretchen and Elliot telling the whole world that he had contributed nothing. He isn't best pleased about that and decides he isn't ready to turn himself in yet.


Indeed. There's still work to be done. 8-)


I'm guessing he's going to try to link his Meth empire to Grey Matter.


Wouldn't that be a bit weird though? They've not been mentioned for so long, it'd be weird for them to come back in the final scene of the penultimate episode and then be a focus of the final ep.

User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Fatal Exception » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Shadow wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
satriales wrote:
Gario wrote:todd told jesse the batch was 96 percent but he told lydia it was 92?

also why would walt not turn himself in after seeing the gm interview?


There was a time jump between the 92% and 96% batches.

Walt sees Gretchen and Elliot telling the whole world that he had contributed nothing. He isn't best pleased about that and decides he isn't ready to turn himself in yet.


Indeed. There's still work to be done. 8-)


I'm guessing he's going to try to link his Meth empire to Grey Matter.


Wouldn't that be a bit weird though? They've not been mentioned for so long, it'd be weird for them to come back in the final scene of the penultimate episode and then be a focus of the final ep.


I mean in the same way he tried to stitch up Hank. Just for one final "strawberry float you" to the people he thinks started all this.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Floex » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Nah, I think it's going to be a way of getting money for Skylar and the kids. Like Saul said Mike was a smart guy but whatever he did he just couldn't get the money to his granddaughter. This will possibly be the way around that.

User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Cumberdanes » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Floex wrote:Nah, I think it's going to be a way of getting money for Skylar and the kids. Like Saul said Mike was a smart guy but whatever he did he just couldn't get the money to his granddaughter. This will possibly be the way around that.


I see I'm not the only one that didn't immediately jump to the revenge conclusion however obvious it may have been.

Image

Image
User avatar
King Kaliente
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by King Kaliente » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm

With regards to the Grey Matter situation I'm wondering if Walter may go and kill Todd and co, get his money back and use that money to buy shares in Grey Matter (I imagine 80 mill odd would buy you a lot of shares) so he goes back to owning a large % of the company. He could buy the shares by doing what he did early on with his money (using someone to disperse the money so it seems like it's being bought by lots of different people like they did with Walt Jrs Paypal account). These shares then get left to Skyler, Walt Jr and Holly so it's a way of leaving the money to them without directly doing so. The stock price was mentioned in that short interview clip which makes me think that may be involved and it results in Walt getting back what he feels is his.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Formerly known as Lord Crump
User avatar
Gario
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Gario » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:37 pm

I just rewatched this episode. The money that Walt puts in his coat pockets before walking up to the gate of his reservation (before turning back and deciding he'll do it 'tomorrow'). Am I correct in thinking this money was intended for his family?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Moggy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Jessie was right, Funyans are strawberry floating awesome. :wub:

Image
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Fatal Exception » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 pm

King Kaliente wrote:With regards to the Grey Matter situation I'm wondering if Walter may go and kill Todd and co, get his money back and use that money to buy shares in Grey Matter (I imagine 80 mill odd would buy you a lot of shares) so he goes back to owning a large % of the company. He could buy the shares by doing what he did early on with his money (using someone to disperse the money so it seems like it's being bought by lots of different people like they did with Walt Jrs Paypal account). These shares then get left to Skyler, Walt Jr and Holly so it's a way of leaving the money to them without directly doing so. The stock price was mentioned in that short interview clip which makes me think that may be involved and it results in Walt getting back what he feels is his.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free


Grey Matter is worth billions. with a B.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
King Kaliente
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by King Kaliente » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:
King Kaliente wrote:With regards to the Grey Matter situation I'm wondering if Walter may go and kill Todd and co, get his money back and use that money to buy shares in Grey Matter (I imagine 80 mill odd would buy you a lot of shares) so he goes back to owning a large % of the company. He could buy the shares by doing what he did early on with his money (using someone to disperse the money so it seems like it's being bought by lots of different people like they did with Walt Jrs Paypal account). These shares then get left to Skyler, Walt Jr and Holly so it's a way of leaving the money to them without directly doing so. The stock price was mentioned in that short interview clip which makes me think that may be involved and it results in Walt getting back what he feels is his.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free


Grey Matter is worth billions. with a B.


Yeah I know that but I imagine 80 odd million would still buy a decent amount of shares.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Formerly known as Lord Crump
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by smurphy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:51 pm

It's too much to happen in one episode, along with all the other loose ends.

Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Skippy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:55 pm

King Kaliente wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:
King Kaliente wrote:With regards to the Grey Matter situation I'm wondering if Walter may go and kill Todd and co, get his money back and use that money to buy shares in Grey Matter (I imagine 80 mill odd would buy you a lot of shares) so he goes back to owning a large % of the company. He could buy the shares by doing what he did early on with his money (using someone to disperse the money so it seems like it's being bought by lots of different people like they did with Walt Jrs Paypal account). These shares then get left to Skyler, Walt Jr and Holly so it's a way of leaving the money to them without directly doing so. The stock price was mentioned in that short interview clip which makes me think that may be involved and it results in Walt getting back what he feels is his.


Grey Matter is worth billions. with a B.


Yeah I know that but I imagine 80 odd million would still buy a decent amount of shares.


Somehow I don't think Walt could get away with buying shares with $80m worth of drug money and get away with it.

User avatar
King Kaliente
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by King Kaliente » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Skippy wrote:
King Kaliente wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:
King Kaliente wrote:With regards to the Grey Matter situation I'm wondering if Walter may go and kill Todd and co, get his money back and use that money to buy shares in Grey Matter (I imagine 80 mill odd would buy you a lot of shares) so he goes back to owning a large % of the company. He could buy the shares by doing what he did early on with his money (using someone to disperse the money so it seems like it's being bought by lots of different people like they did with Walt Jrs Paypal account). These shares then get left to Skyler, Walt Jr and Holly so it's a way of leaving the money to them without directly doing so. The stock price was mentioned in that short interview clip which makes me think that may be involved and it results in Walt getting back what he feels is his.


Grey Matter is worth billions. with a B.


Yeah I know that but I imagine 80 odd million would still buy a decent amount of shares.


Somehow I don't think Walt could get away with buying shares with $80m worth of drug money and get away with it.

I was thinking he would do something similar to when he had his initial load of money back in series 2 I think where someone on a computer was using loads of different names to donate small amounts of money to Walt Jrs paypal account but doing it on a much bigger scale with the stock market. I don't know how he's going to do it but he needs to get the money to his family somehow and he is a smart guy. Not long till we find out anyhow.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Formerly known as Lord Crump
User avatar
Jax
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Jax » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Is this finale going to be a normal length episode, or slightly longer, anyone know? I seem to remember, although I might be completely wrong, that the pilot was longer than usual.

I might be thinking of something else actually.

User avatar
Gario
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Gario » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 pm

It works out as 56 minutes I think, without going on Netflix to check the duration of the penultimate ep.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by chalkitdown » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:38 am

I don't think Gretchen and her husband will play a part in the finale at all. I think they just spurred him on to not give up like he was about it. On this weeks podcast they mentioned that they only had the two actors in the city for a single day to do the interview segment in this episode. They didn't mention anything about the finale though, so who knows.

User avatar
Mintoisgod
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: N.Ireland

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Mintoisgod » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:46 am

Moggy wrote:Jessie was right, Funyans are strawberry floating awesome. :wub:

Aren't they just the same as Orion rings?

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Memento Mori » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:10 am

Breaking Bad logo for tomorrow aye?

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Victor Mildew » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:17 am

Internet blackout begins this evening then. See you tomorrow night :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Breaking Bad Thread - [Felina.]
by Moggy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:31 am

Mintoisgod wrote:
Moggy wrote:Jessie was right, Funyans are strawberry floating awesome. :wub:

Aren't they just the same as Orion rings?


Probably, but they come in a cool packet with "Funyans" written on. :datass:

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth, Skarjo and 191 guests