Brexit Thread 2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

How would you vote if we had to vote again?

Leave
11
7%
Remain
141
93%
 
Total votes: 152
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Parksey » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:16 am

It was one of the Hunger Games books, you idiot.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Skarjo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:35 am

Image

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Errkal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 am

It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Rex Kramer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 am

If that amendment hadn't passed then May would have had 21 sitting days to come up with an alternative plan which probably equates to over a month of real time. It's nonsense to think that was sensible given we've got less than 2 months. I hope to god those no deal strawberry floaters are on the wrong side of history down the line because every man, woman and child needs to make them pay for holding the country to ransom.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 am

Rex Kramer wrote:I hope to god those no deal strawberry floaters are on the wrong side of history down the line because every man, woman and child needs to make them pay for holding the country to ransom.


Surely for that to happen we actually need to leave without a deal? Otherwise it will forever be recorded as 'that thing we could have had' by those melt jobs. If this amount of information and facts can't dissuade them, then nothing but the absolute ruination of the country will.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Cuttooth » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 am

Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

:?:

What does the Speaker allowing an opposition backed amendment to be voted on have to do with Labour's Brexit position?

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by DML » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 am

Cuttooth wrote:
Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

:?:

What does the Speaker allowing an opposition backed amendment to be voted on have to do with Labour's Brexit position?


Grieve is a Conservative.

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Cuttooth » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:48 am

Whose amendment was backed by the opposition.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by captain red dog » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 am

DML wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:
Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

:?:

What does the Speaker allowing an opposition backed amendment to be voted on have to do with Labour's Brexit position?


Grieve is a Conservative.

And the amendment was opposition backed. If anything, it is more damaging for the Govt that a former Attorney General is working with Labour.

Whether by design or sheer luck, I don't think anyone can really doubt that the govts Brexit plan has been robustly opposed.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Moggy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 am

more heat than light wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:I hope to god those no deal strawberry floaters are on the wrong side of history down the line because every man, woman and child needs to make them pay for holding the country to ransom.


Surely for that to happen we actually need to leave without a deal? Otherwise it will forever be recorded as 'that thing we could have had' by those melt jobs. If this amount of information and facts can't dissuade them, then nothing but the absolute ruination of the country will.


The no deal supporters will never admit they were wrong and will always blame somebody else.

If no deal doesn’t happen, they will constantly be telling everybody that things would be better if we had had no deal. They will seize on any financial downturns as an opportunity to say “this wouldn’t have happened if Britain had gone for no deal!”

If no deal does happen, then they will blame any disasters on the EU and on Remainers. “No deal is the best way, but the EU have deliberately sabotaged us and the Remainers treacherously colluded with the EU to try and force Britain back into the EU!”

These are not sensible people and their pride and in some cases their income depends on them never admitting that they were wrong.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Rex Kramer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 am

captain red dog wrote:
DML wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:
Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

:?:

What does the Speaker allowing an opposition backed amendment to be voted on have to do with Labour's Brexit position?


Grieve is a Conservative.

And the amendment was opposition backed. If anything, it is more damaging for the Govt that a former Attorney General is working with Labour.

Whether by design or sheer luck, I don't think anyone can really doubt that the govts Brexit plan has been robustly opposed.

Yep, just not by the leader of the opposition.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Squinty » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 am

Thank strawberry float that Bercow did that. It actually makes sure that the government needs to face the reality of this as opposed to postponing for another lot of weeks. It would be irresponsible of them to do this.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Moggy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 am

Skarjo wrote:The strawberry float is a popinjay.


Popinjay may refer to:
Old-fashioned term for a parrot (cf. Old French papegeai and papegai, German Papagei )
A dandy or foppish person
Popinjay (sport), a shooting sport that can be performed with either rifles or archery equipment
Popinjay, Stibochiona nicea, a species of butterfly
Popinjay (Wild Cards), a Wild Cards character
Popinjays, a British indie pop band
Corporal Popinjay, a Catch-22 character


I assume the Mail think he was part of an indie pop band.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Squinty » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 am

Trying to appeal to their older crowd who knows such words.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by BID0 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 am

Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

This current government has been defeated more times than all of the governments since Blair combined :fp:

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Errkal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 am

BID0 wrote:
Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

This current government has been defeated more times than all of the governments since Blair combined :fp:


Haha they are both a monumental gooseberry fool show. Corbyn/Labour should be running runs round these clowns but instead it takes the Speaker to step in for the good of the country.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Cuttooth » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am

Errkal wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Errkal wrote:It just shows how strawberry floating useless the opposition are when it takes the speaker to step and go "yeah but how about we have some kind of contingency"

Honest to god don't know hat I'm going to do in the next election as labour are a strawberry floating joke.

This current government has been defeated more times than all of the governments since Blair combined :fp:


Haha they are both a monumental gooseberry fool show. Corbyn/Labour should be running runs round these clowns but instead it takes the Speaker to step in for the good of the country.


I still don't get how yesterday shows "it takes the Speaker to step up" when (AFAIK) Corbyn/Labour can't make the decision on when an amendment can be voted on, as that's the Speaker's job?

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Hexx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am

Corbyn still going on about how the new negotiated customs union they'd get from the EU (Unicorn cake!) is the only way to bring Leavers and Remainers together.

Stuff the odious little clunge.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Hexx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 am

Q: [From Channel 4 News’ Jon Snow] Channel 4 News has been speaking to young people who could not vote in the referendum. Most want to remain. Have you forgotten them?

Corbyn says he is very aware of how young people want free higher education, and access to training and jobs. He understands what they feel about remain. But he also understands the views of those who voted leave. His speech today was about how you can bring the country together. 


Delusional tosser.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Brexit Thread 2
by Lagamorph » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 am

Hexx wrote:
Q: [From Channel 4 News’ Jon Snow] Channel 4 News has been speaking to young people who could not vote in the referendum. Most want to remain. Have you forgotten them?

Corbyn says he is very aware of how young people want free higher education, and access to training and jobs. He understands what they feel about remain. But he also understands the views of those who voted leave. His speech today was about how you can bring the country together. 


Delusional tosser.

So he hasn't forgotten, he just doesn't give a gooseberry fool.

Getting young people to support him is one of the greatest trolls a politician has pulled off.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunni, Cuttooth, DarkRula, Errkal, Frank, Heskimo, Hulohot, Oblomov Boblomov, OrangeRKN, Peter Crisp, suzzopher and 63 guests