Brexit Thread 3

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

GRpredicts: Will Brexit be delayed again?

Yes
42
67%
No
21
33%
 
Total votes: 63
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Moggy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Ad7 wrote:We coped after the war!!!


People are too fat, rationing will be good for them!!!!!!

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Jenuall » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Proof that not all old people were the problem:


ImageImage
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Photek » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:41 am

Great interview with Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders) in the Guardian

Murphy moved back to Ireland four years ago after 14 years in London. The move wasn’t fuelled by Brexit, he says, but he is glad to be living in Dublin on a “very liberal island that is an outlier” at the moment. When Brexit does come up, the anger is clear. “The Good Friday agreement was predicated on there not being a border and to think that you can hold Ireland to ransom, you can’t …” Murphy tails off, then starts again. “Listen, if you and I are in a club and there are 28 members of the club and I decided to leave, why would I get preferential treatment? Doesn’t make any sense.” There’s another brief pause. “And if Ireland is a member of that club and me leaving undermines their whole set-up and the peace they have, it doesn’t make any sense, and it’s not equitable or fair and it’s because the whole thing was sold on a bunch of misinformation.”


Well in Lad!

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/aug/08/cillian-murphy-peaky-blinders-james-bond-brexit

It’s a good interview in general, he also thinks the next Bond should be a woman.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Squinty » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 am

Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

User avatar
Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Blighty

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Octoroc » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:05 am

Moggy wrote:
Ad7 wrote:We coped after the war!!!


People are too fat, rationing will be good for them!!!!!!


It actually was.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Photek » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:12 am

Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Squinty » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 am

Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.

User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Tineash » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:46 am

Squinty wrote:
Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.




"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Lagamorph » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:46 am

Squinty wrote:
Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.

"Europe is artificially inflating the Euro to sabotage the pound"

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Moggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.

"Europe is artificially inflating the Euro to sabotage the pound"


“Remoaners talked the country down and caused a lack of confidence in the pound”

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Squinty » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.

"Europe is artificially inflating the Euro to sabotage the pound"


“Remoaners talked the country down and caused a lack of confidence in the pound”


I've seen this excuse actually being used :slol: :slol: :slol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Moggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Squinty wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.

"Europe is artificially inflating the Euro to sabotage the pound"


“Remoaners talked the country down and caused a lack of confidence in the pound”


I've seen this excuse actually being used :slol: :slol: :slol:


:lol:

“A weak pound is actually great news for exporters”

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Squinty » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:Pound is absolutely tanking at the moment :dread:

10 year low, it it stays like this or reaches parity with the Euro, how will Boris explain that?


Somehow. They will find an excuse.

"Europe is artificially inflating the Euro to sabotage the pound"


“Remoaners talked the country down and caused a lack of confidence in the pound”


I've seen this excuse actually being used :slol: :slol: :slol:


:lol:

“A weak pound is actually great news for exporters”


:dread: All the gooseberry fool leave arguments and the mental gymnastics employed for them.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Hexx » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Ukips new leader is called Dick Brain :slol:

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Garth » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Image

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Moggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:25 pm



Good news :toot:

User avatar
Gideon
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Stormcaller

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Gideon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:01 am

Hey. Hey guys, I’ve got an idea. Guys. So you know we’ve been lurching to the far right for a decade now? You know, drumming up hatred and resentment for anyone who isn’t a white, middle class tory, actively killing disabled people, helping out the rich while dicking the poor in the name of ‘austerity’, strawberry floating children both metaphorically and in some cases literally, you know, all that good Tory stuff? Well how about this, right?

We’re going to write some bullshit we don’t believe in on the back of our 50p coins. Who can accuse us of stirring xenophobic gammon into a frenzy if we put some soppy gooseberry fool on a strawberry floating coin? strawberry floating bulletproof, lads.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Moggy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:32 am

The image on the other side of the Brexit 50p has now been released.

Image

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Denster » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am

Don't forget I have your address Moggy.

I'll send you some. It'll help you over the bump when we No deal.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3
by Moggy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:16 am

Denster wrote:Don't forget I have your address Moggy.

I'll send you some. It'll help you over the bump when we No deal.


You make that sound like you are a supporter of Brexit/No Deal.

Is the Tory party so important to you that you’d support this gooseberry fool?


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Albear, Cuttooth, Denster, Google [Bot], Monkey Man, Oblomov Boblomov, PaperMacheMario, Peter Crisp, Tineash, Trelliz and 45 guests