Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

GRpredicts: Will Brexit be delayed again?

Yes
70
62%
No
43
38%
 
Total votes: 113
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Tomous » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Moggy wrote:And now we are withdrawing from the European Arrest Warrant. :fp:



Finally we can be a safe haven for criminals on the run in Europe :toot:

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Lex-Man » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Tomous wrote:
Moggy wrote:And now we are withdrawing from the European Arrest Warrant. :fp:



Finally we can be a safe haven for criminals on the run in Europe :toot:


Apparently we may hard Brexit in June.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Squinty » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:22 pm

This just gets worse and worse.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Hexx » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 am


User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Dual » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:55 am

:lol:

I for one, welcome our Chlorinated Chicken overlords. Cluck cluck.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:59 am

But wait, I thought the Tories promised to maintain the levels of subsidies on farms!? And the leave campaign told us that the EU was holding back UK farming and farmers would be better off?!

They didn't LIE to people did they?!?! :shock:

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by OrangeRKN » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:22 am

This country is going to the chlorinated dogs

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 am

Nothing wrong with chlorinated dog meat.

Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Rex Kramer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:30 am

I imagine they can just plug the gap in their funds with all the money they got from Vote Leave for letting them erect billboards on their land.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 am

Not to be too macabre but we are likely to see a spike in suicides as a result of this. Farmers are already a high risk group for suicide for a variety of reasons and this is going to make things even worse

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Hexx » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 am

Jenuall wrote:But wait, I thought the Tories promised to maintain the levels of subsidies on farms!? And the leave campaign told us that the EU was holding back UK farming and farmers would be better off?!

They didn't LIE to people did they?!?! :shock:


Well Brexiteer Farmers believe them.

I guess like all farmers they'll....reap what they sow.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:45 am

Hexx wrote:
Jenuall wrote:But wait, I thought the Tories promised to maintain the levels of subsidies on farms!? And the leave campaign told us that the EU was holding back UK farming and farmers would be better off?!

They didn't LIE to people did they?!?! :shock:


Well Brexiteer Farmers believe them.

I guess like all farmers they'll....reap what they sow.

It might be quite a
Grim harvest

Image
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Kezzer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:08 pm

cheap land to build houses on you say?

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:09 pm

It’s okay because they won’t need the subsidies as our blossoming free market economy will allow trade to flourish in new markets that for some reason the government seem to think never existed when we were in the EU :fp:

Also serious question time. What’s the reason that the EU wouldn’t want the UK to have chlorinated chicken imported from the US? Is it fears that they could then be imported into the EU from the UK or is it because it will make the product cheaper than EU chickens? Or is it something else? I honestly don’t know.

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by False » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:11 pm

You reap what you sow you selfish field dwelling fuckheads

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Moggy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:It’s okay because they won’t need the subsidies as our blossoming free market economy will allow trade to flourish in new markets that for some reason the government seem to think never existed when we were in the EU :fp:

Also serious question time. What’s the reason that the EU wouldn’t want the UK to have chlorinated chicken imported from the US? Is it fears that they could then be imported into the EU from the UK or is it because it will make the product cheaper than EU chickens? Or is it something else? I honestly don’t know.


I don’t think the EU really gives a gooseberry fool if we import rotten US chicken. They only care if it is ending up in their own territory. A border in the Irish sea should stop that, so I don’t think the EU will moan.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Photek » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:It’s okay because they won’t need the subsidies as our blossoming free market economy will allow trade to flourish in new markets that for some reason the government seem to think never existed when we were in the EU :fp:

Also serious question time. What’s the reason that the EU wouldn’t want the UK to have chlorinated chicken imported from the US? Is it fears that they could then be imported into the EU from the UK or is it because it will make the product cheaper than EU chickens? Or is it something else? I honestly don’t know.


I don’t think the EU really gives a gooseberry fool if we import rotten US chicken. They only care if it is ending up in their own territory. A border in the Irish sea should stop that, so I don’t think the EU will moan.

This. We don't care about your Chlorinated KFC, just don't want it over here.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:It’s okay because they won’t need the subsidies as our blossoming free market economy will allow trade to flourish in new markets that for some reason the government seem to think never existed when we were in the EU :fp:

Also serious question time. What’s the reason that the EU wouldn’t want the UK to have chlorinated chicken imported from the US? Is it fears that they could then be imported into the EU from the UK or is it because it will make the product cheaper than EU chickens? Or is it something else? I honestly don’t know.


I don’t think the EU really gives a gooseberry fool if we import rotten US chicken. They only care if it is ending up in their own territory. A border in the Irish sea should stop that, so I don’t think the EU will moan.

This. We don't care about your Chlorinated KFC, just don't want it over here.


This is what is confusing me. There are likely a lot of false reports about the EU refusing to do a deal unless we ban chlorinated chicken. If we end up with a proper boarder then I don't see why it would bother them as they just wouldn't allow it to be imported into the EU anyway as they already prevent it happening from other countries that accept chicken from the US that also have trade deals with the EU.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Moggy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:It’s okay because they won’t need the subsidies as our blossoming free market economy will allow trade to flourish in new markets that for some reason the government seem to think never existed when we were in the EU :fp:

Also serious question time. What’s the reason that the EU wouldn’t want the UK to have chlorinated chicken imported from the US? Is it fears that they could then be imported into the EU from the UK or is it because it will make the product cheaper than EU chickens? Or is it something else? I honestly don’t know.


I don’t think the EU really gives a gooseberry fool if we import rotten US chicken. They only care if it is ending up in their own territory. A border in the Irish sea should stop that, so I don’t think the EU will moan.

This. We don't care about your Chlorinated KFC, just don't want it over here.


This is what is confusing me. There are likely a lot of false reports about the EU refusing to do a deal unless we ban chlorinated chicken. If we end up with a proper boarder then I don't see why it would bother them as they just wouldn't allow it to be imported into the EU anyway as they already prevent it happening from other countries that accept chicken from the US that also have trade deals with the EU.


It would depend what the deal was. A full free trade deal that included meat would be off the table if Britain suddenly started copying the American system of rancid meat dipped in chorine.

Basically the EU will not accept lower American style standards. If we want a deal, then we will have to agree to keep standards high. If we go WTO only, then the EU will not give a gooseberry fool if we are eating crap, they just will not allow our disease ridden shite in their markets.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Squinty » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:28 pm

We have to concede sovereignty to get deals. It's necessary. They need to get used to this fact or we will end up on the scrap heap.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Frank, MSN [Bot], Snowcannon and 61 guests