Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

GRpredicts: Will Brexit be delayed again?

Yes
71
61%
No
45
39%
 
Total votes: 116
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Garth » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:17 pm


User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Memento Mori » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Trying to smuggle the economic crash in with coronavirus.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Moggy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Trying to smuggle the economic crash in with coronavirus.


100% that.

Any financial downsides will be masked/excused by the pandemic. Coronavirus really did arrive at the perfect time for the government.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Squinty » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:09 pm

I dread to think what happens to NI if they go for no deal. I'm not even sure it would be covered.

User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Banjo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:20 pm

It's going to reach a level of strawberry floated up when every other EU country inevitably recovers quicker than the UK economically, to which the UK government will deflect and point towards our higher death count, which is a problem of their own creation.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Squinty » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Where's that Oven ready deal again?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Photek » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Squinty wrote:I dread to think what happens to NI if they go for no deal. I'm not even sure it would be covered.

NI want an extension.... this is just more ammo for the united Ireland folk.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Rex Kramer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 pm

There's no intention to get a deal, that's why they aren't too bothered about the border in the Irish sea because it won't be relevant.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Lex-Man » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 pm

I really think this is going to do serious damage to the electability of the Tories going forward, although I don't actually think that the people running the party care. They're literally trying to smash the country to make a quick buck.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Moggy » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Banjo wrote:It's going to reach a level of strawberry floated up when every other EU country inevitably recovers quicker than the UK economically, to which the UK government will deflect and point towards our higher death count, which is a problem of their own creation.


"Coronavirus devastated the world economy and then Europe refused to be reasonable with us - we refused to give in to their bullying! We will soon bounce back and be stronger than ever"

+120 seat majority in 2024.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Photek » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Lex-Man wrote:I really think this is going to do serious damage to the electability of the Tories going forward, although I don't actually think that the people running the party care. They're literally trying to smash the country to make a quick buck.

3.5 more years of this though right?

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Squinty » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:I dread to think what happens to NI if they go for no deal. I'm not even sure it would be covered.

NI want an extension.... this is just more ammo for the united Ireland folk.


And that's more ammo to loyalists who want to stay with their precious Union (that pretty much sold them out).

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Lex-Man » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Photek wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:I really think this is going to do serious damage to the electability of the Tories going forward, although I don't actually think that the people running the party care. They're literally trying to smash the country to make a quick buck.

3.5 more years of this though right?


Yup, it's going to be a rough ride but I can't see anything really going there way.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Moggy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:40 am



:lol:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Preezy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 am

Good, I hope they cry into their Princess Diana tea towels.

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Winckle » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:51 am

Preezy wrote:Good, I hope they cry into their Princess Diana tea towels.

The reader got so annoyed he nearly smashed his commerative plate.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Vermilion » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:00 am

Nowt wrong with commemorative plates, I have one from the 2011 royal wedding. ;)

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Cuttooth » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:35 pm



strawberry float me. :fp:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Moggy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm



I saw the pic in Cuttooth's post and assumed it was a photoshop.

Nope, we've fallen so low that we have to beg for strawberry floating TimTams. :fp:

Image
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit Thread 3 - The Dream is Dead, RIP Remain
by Dual » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Brexit Britain sponsored by TimTams


Return to “Stuff”