Buying a house (and renting)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Drumstick » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:51 pm

The price of living in the South East.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Errkal » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Qikz wrote:I moved in last April so I've been here now over a year. There's still boxes that need to be thrown away, I still don't own anymore furniture than what I moved in with (other than a sofa now!) and my clothes are still all on top of my figure boxes instead of in anything because I've got nowhere to put them. Living the life of a king.

I also have nowhere to display any of my figs either so they're all in their boxes still lmao.


Ikea.co.uk

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Curls » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:29 am

I'm getting annoyed with my solicitors. They told me when my LISA was withdrawn it'd be all go.
That was sorted last Tuesday. Then I've called and emailed later in the week. And no response, AWOL. Now a bank holiday weekend has happened. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I won't be amused.

User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Sandy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:16 am

That's pretty standard; they're slow as strawberry float.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Errkal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:29 am

Curls wrote:I'm getting annoyed with my solicitors. They told me when my LISA was withdrawn it'd be all go.
That was sorted last Tuesday. Then I've called and emailed later in the week. And no response, AWOL. Now a bank holiday weekend has happened. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I won't be amused.


A mate of mine had a 2 day delay to exchanging because one solicitor was answering the phone.

When they eventually got hold of them they had lost the contract and took 2 days more to find it, when they found it it was 4pm so had to wait to the next day.

Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Dual » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:45 am

Curls wrote:I'm getting annoyed with my solicitors. They told me when my LISA was withdrawn it'd be all go.
That was sorted last Tuesday. Then I've called and emailed later in the week. And no response, AWOL. Now a bank holiday weekend has happened. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I won't be amused.


This does not sound unusual.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Drumstick » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:04 am

Welcome to the world of legal.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Grumpy David » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:08 am

I doubt anyone in the history of house buying (and especially leasehold flats) has ever had a good word to say about their conveyancer's service levels. :lol:

Varying degrees of unresponsive and slow is the norm.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Drumstick » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:11 am

Grumpy David wrote:I doubt anyone in the history of house buying (and especially leasehold flats) has ever had a good word to say about their conveyancer's service levels. :lol:

Varying degrees of unresponsive and slow is the norm.

Ours for our recent move was actually excellent. The ones previous though, were so bad. Days of no contact during the business end of it all despite all efforts to phone/email/spam them and get their attention.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Sandy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:26 am

South-East privilege.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Qikz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm

Drumstick wrote:The price of living in the South East.


Errkal wrote:
Qikz wrote:I moved in last April so I've been here now over a year. There's still boxes that need to be thrown away, I still don't own anymore furniture than what I moved in with (other than a sofa now!) and my clothes are still all on top of my figure boxes instead of in anything because I've got nowhere to put them. Living the life of a king.

I also have nowhere to display any of my figs either so they're all in their boxes still lmao.


Ikea.co.uk


It's not so much this, it's more that I have no idea what furniture I'd even want. The idea of buying furniture fills me with anxiety as well, because it's so expensive and if I don't like it, what then? I get stuck with a bit of furniture I don't like.

There's also the problem of getting rid of my old furniture. Like I want to replace my desk with a wooden one, but how do I get rid of the old one? I've got this huge slab of glass that I can't move by myself and I'd need someones help to do it. Given we're in a pandemic now that's not really something I want to ask someone to do either.

I'm fine as I am for now, but like one day I do need to get some stuff.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Kezzer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 pm

smash the glass into tiny bits and put it in the recycling.

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Dual » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Just leave it outside the front of your place and someone will have it away. I do this with everything I don't want.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Qikz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Kezzer wrote:smash the glass into tiny bits and put it in the recycling.


It's the sort of glass that shatters, if I was to do that I'd have thousands of bits of glass everywhere. :lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Errkal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Qikz wrote:
Kezzer wrote:smash the glass into tiny bits and put it in the recycling.


It's the sort of glass that shatters, if I was to do that I'd have thousands of bits of glass everywhere. :lol:


Hoover them up, then just tip em out the window

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by That's not a growth » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 pm

Shatter it in the bath so they don't go everywhere. No downsides at all. Just make sure the plug is in.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Victor Mildew » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:24 pm

Qikz wrote:
Kezzer wrote:smash the glass into tiny bits and put it in the recycling.


It's the sort of glass that shatters, if I was to do that I'd have thousands of bits of glass everywhere. :lol:


Just fold it instead then. If you score it first and bend the glass really slowly, you'll be able to food it at least a few times.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Qikz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:25 pm

That's not a growth wrote:Shatter it in the bath so they don't go everywhere. No downsides at all. Just make sure the plug is in.


I think I must be completely missing the joke here, but this is a 150x75 bit of glass. I highly doubt I'd even be able to get it into my bathroom, let alone into my bath.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Errkal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Kezzer wrote:smash the glass into tiny bits and put it in the recycling.


It's the sort of glass that shatters, if I was to do that I'd have thousands of bits of glass everywhere. :lol:


Just fold it instead then. If you score it first and bend the glass really slowly, you'll be able to food it at least a few times.


I don’t think eating it is a good idea.

User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Kezzer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm

Qikz wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:Shatter it in the bath so they don't go everywhere. No downsides at all. Just make sure the plug is in.


I think I must be completely missing the joke here, but this is a 150x75 bit of glass. I highly doubt I'd even be able to get it into my bathroom, let alone into my bath.



150mm x 75mm is tiny. I have no idea why you are struggling with :capnscotty:

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D_C, floydfreak, Frank, Google [Bot], Grumpy David, Lex-Man, Lime, mcjihge2, more heat than light, Oblomov Boblomov, Peter Crisp, Somebody Else's Problem, Trelliz, Zaichik, Zilnad and 114 guests