Buying a house (and renting)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Curls » Thu May 20, 2021 12:02 pm

I want selfies in the pub pics please.
I can see it now; Ad7 in his cap, hating Taffy twats. Moggy glued to his phone, playing are you a werewolf.

Moggy are you the one with the bad neighbours? Has someone just paid 11K over asking price for a life of misery from the neighbours?

Do you have no soul?

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Tomous » Thu May 20, 2021 12:04 pm

Curls wrote:I want selfies in the pub pics please.
I can see it now; Ad7 in his cap, hating Taffy twats. Moggy glued to his phone, playing are you a werewolf.

Moggy are you the one with the bad neighbours? Has someone just paid 11K over asking price for a life of misery from the neighbours?

Do you have no soul?



Bit harsh, I know Taf can have strong opinions but he's alright really

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Jenuall » Thu May 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Taffy twats is a really niche kink for perverted people with a sweet tooth

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Curls » Thu May 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Tomous wrote:
Curls wrote:I want selfies in the pub pics please.
I can see it now; Ad7 in his cap, hating Taffy twats. Moggy glued to his phone, playing are you a werewolf.

Moggy are you the one with the bad neighbours? Has someone just paid 11K over asking price for a life of misery from the neighbours?

Do you have no soul?



Bit harsh, I know Taf can have strong opinions but he's alright really



Is he the girlfriend stealer?

I don't trust noone on this forum. Except for Petercrisp.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Moggy » Thu May 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Curls wrote:I want selfies in the pub pics please.
I can see it now; Ad7 in his cap, hating Taffy twats. Moggy glued to his phone, playing are you a werewolf.

Moggy are you the one with the bad neighbours? Has someone just paid 11K over asking price for a life of misery from the neighbours?

Do you have no soul?


My neighbours are twats but they mostly keep to themselves.

It's the bad landlords that hold the freehold here that are a problem. So, yeah, I have no soul.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Victor Mildew » Thu May 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Moggy wrote:
Curls wrote:I want selfies in the pub pics please.
I can see it now; Ad7 in his cap, hating Taffy twats. Moggy glued to his phone, playing are you a werewolf.

Moggy are you the one with the bad neighbours? Has someone just paid 11K over asking price for a life of misery from the neighbours?

Do you have no soul?


My neighbours are twats but they mostly keep to themselves.

It's the bad landlords that hold the freehold here that are a problem. So, yeah, I have no soul.


Harsh to say, but really it's their fault for buying in to that in the first place. So many other more affordable options.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Curls » Thu May 20, 2021 12:12 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for the John Smith Moggy and Victor pints. Or even better. BRAINS.

It's gonna be great. Just complain about them old landlords whilst sinking more and more Brains. Watch the Lions and complain about Gatlands shoddy team selections. Rank GRcade members from best to worse.

(curls top 10)

Last edited by Curls on Thu May 20, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Jenuall » Thu May 20, 2021 12:13 pm

Moggy wrote:
Curls wrote:I want selfies in the pub pics please.
I can see it now; Ad7 in his cap, hating Taffy twats. Moggy glued to his phone, playing are you a werewolf.

Moggy are you the one with the bad neighbours? Has someone just paid 11K over asking price for a life of misery from the neighbours?

Do you have no soul?


My neighbours are twats but they mostly keep to themselves.

It's the bad landlords that hold the freehold here that are a problem. So, yeah, I have no soul.

You have to be somewhat selfish in these situations if you're going to move on so a little but of soul reduction is in order!

At no point did I directly lie when answering any questions from our buyers (and potential buyers during viewings) but at the same time there's only so forthcoming you should be about the negatives of a location!

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Victor Mildew » Thu May 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Curls wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for the John Smith Moggy and Victor pints. Or even better. BRAINS.

It's gonna be great. Just complain about them old landlords whilst sinking more and more Brains. Watch the Lions and complain about Gatlands shoddy team selections. Rank GRcade members from best to worse.

(curls top 10)


We've already arranged to go bowling :toot:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Tomous » Thu May 20, 2021 12:26 pm

Our sellers were pretty mental, they initially put the property on the market for 25% above what they bought it for, despite doing absolutely zero work to it in the 2 years they owned it and even told us this we were looked around it for the first time.

They were awful throughout the process and from the comments they made acted like they were doing us a huge favour and were clearly really pissed off that they weren't making much money selling it (our offer was slightly above the market increase in the area in the time they'd bought it, so more than fair but I guess a lot of the increase was eaten up by estate agent fees).

My BIL works in property and said if there was anywhere in the country where the market had increased 25% in 2 years, investors would be pouring in, and it was unlikely to happen in a small village 30 minutes outside Birmingham :lol:

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Victor Mildew » Thu May 20, 2021 12:28 pm

The prices in our bit have gone strawberry floating nuts in the last year, the general price for ours being up a third over what it was at the start of the pandemic.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by That's not a growth » Thu May 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Yeah, things are mental right now - but once the stamp duty changes at end of June it'll be interesting to see if things continue like that. I hope not, as I'm looking to buy my first place at some point soon (6-12 months, depending on job mostly) and everything around here is much more expensive than it was 18 months ago, and it sells out in less than a few weeks. Insane scenes.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Moggy » Thu May 20, 2021 6:13 pm

More good news today, I found out that the lady selling the house isn't buying another one and so there is no chain at that end. I have a first time buyer purchasing my flat, so as long as she gets a mortgage* ok, then this should all be ok. Famous last words....

*i've been daydreaming all day that she'll turn out to be a cash buyer :lol:

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Drumstick » Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Good things truly do come to those who wait.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by That's not a growth » Thu May 20, 2021 6:15 pm

You've rinsed a first time buyer? You heartless bastard! :lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Moggy » Thu May 20, 2021 6:18 pm

Drumstick wrote:Good things truly do come to those who wait.


Fingers crossed!

That's not a growth wrote:You've rinsed a first time buyer? You heartless bastard! :lol:


She offered the money, I'm not going to refuse! :lol:

Although the landlords are dickheads, she really can't lose here. Property is going insane here, I don't see it crashing anytime soon as the entire area is gentrifying and the council have all sorts of plans in motion to improve everything.

But yeah, I am heartless. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Bunni » Thu May 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Good things truly do come to those who wait.


Fingers crossed!

That's not a growth wrote:You've rinsed a first time buyer? You heartless bastard! :lol:


She offered the money, I'm not going to refuse! :lol:

Although the landlords are dickheads, she really can't lose here. Property is going insane here, I don't see it crashing anytime soon as the entire area is gentrifying and the council have all sorts of plans in motion to improve everything.

But yeah, I am heartless. :lol:


First time buyer here. We paid £5k over the home report value (Scotland) and being closed bids I have no idea what the competition was, or if I 'overpaid' what I could have got the house for. I don't think about that, as I've got exactly what I want for a price I thought was fair to pay. Other places we looked at and got outbid for, I might have thought differently if I'd overpaid to get the sale but might not have actually been worth it. I'm paying for what I value the house, not to outbid the competition.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Moggy » Thu May 20, 2021 6:49 pm

Bunni wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Good things truly do come to those who wait.


Fingers crossed!

That's not a growth wrote:You've rinsed a first time buyer? You heartless bastard! :lol:


She offered the money, I'm not going to refuse! :lol:

Although the landlords are dickheads, she really can't lose here. Property is going insane here, I don't see it crashing anytime soon as the entire area is gentrifying and the council have all sorts of plans in motion to improve everything.

But yeah, I am heartless. :lol:


First time buyer here. We paid £5k over the home report value (Scotland) and being closed bids I have no idea what the competition was, or if I 'overpaid' what I could have got the house for. I don't think about that, as I've got exactly what I want for a price I thought was fair to pay. Other places we looked at and got outbid for, I might have thought differently if I'd overpaid to get the sale but might not have actually been worth it. I'm paying for what I value the house, not to outbid the competition.


Yeah I don't feel too bad, she's offered what she's willing to pay, I haven't demanded more.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Victor Mildew » Thu May 20, 2021 6:51 pm

Moggy wrote:
Bunni wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Good things truly do come to those who wait.


Fingers crossed!

That's not a growth wrote:You've rinsed a first time buyer? You heartless bastard! :lol:


She offered the money, I'm not going to refuse! :lol:

Although the landlords are dickheads, she really can't lose here. Property is going insane here, I don't see it crashing anytime soon as the entire area is gentrifying and the council have all sorts of plans in motion to improve everything.

But yeah, I am heartless. :lol:


First time buyer here. We paid £5k over the home report value (Scotland) and being closed bids I have no idea what the competition was, or if I 'overpaid' what I could have got the house for. I don't think about that, as I've got exactly what I want for a price I thought was fair to pay. Other places we looked at and got outbid for, I might have thought differently if I'd overpaid to get the sale but might not have actually been worth it. I'm paying for what I value the house, not to outbid the competition.


Yeah I don't feel too bad, she's offered what she's willing to pay, I haven't demanded more.


Moggy driving away after handing the keys over:
Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Buying a house (and renting)
by Meep » Thu May 20, 2021 7:02 pm

Still in limbo with the house I agreed on. The sellers found a place to move to but it fell through on them as the survey was bad. Now they are looking at somewhere else but the seller there has nowhere to go. Estate agent called and asked how long as I was willing to wait (not a good sign) so I said I would give them to the end of the Summer.

Really though I am looking at other places that might be more easily moved into however there is not much in the range I want and prices are going up...


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BTB, Cuttooth, Dowbocop, Finish.Last, Google [Bot], Grumpy David, Lime, Saint of Killers, Squinty, Ste, Tsunade, Zerudaaaaa!, Zilnad and 154 guests